Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

1. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Why the increase, is it interest on loans?

Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Some have a difficult time with math. Many here have posted that they do not partake in concessions because of the price, quality and lines. I’m not sure what the answer may be but am very sure spending another $1,250,000 to $2,500,000 on a HFC would have just put us further in the hole. See attendance under Napier.
    I agree cut Dez ans Marlins salary to both 150-200k . Save some money while we just drive this puppy straight into the ground.

Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A bona fide ticket drive in all sports would make a dent.

As is no bona fide ticket drives to speak of.
    By bona fide ticket drive I presume you mean one that goes beyond the corporate community. How to do that in summer for football is a challenge. I know coaches have gone to some community events and been discouraged by how few show up. I know the response will be don't give up because of one disappointing outing. Find a way to make the next one more interesting. BAsketball wise, I would try to get schools involved as the season does not start until November and school starts in August.

4. Default Re: Louisiana athletics operated at $8 million deficit during 2023 fiscal year

I guess Maggard on Reinhardt Drive wasn't the real problem in 2022 and moving him to Martin Hall didn't really fix the problem.

Our basketball coach makes 750K a year right? Think about that. lol.

The Daily Advertiser doesn’t know we have basketball or spring sports anymore but they sure jumped all over this news.

Regardless, bad news and it explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Our basketball coach makes 750K a year right? Think about that. lol.
    I don’t know the exact amount but Coach Marlin makes significantly less than that number in base pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I agree cut Dez ans Marlins salary to both 150-200k . Save some money while we just drive this puppy straight into the ground.
    Bigger problem than salaries. One block marketing plan over the years is rearing its head.

A complete failure to establish a real connection with the people that fund the athletic department, through ticket sales and RCAF donations.

Complete failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don’t know the exact amount but Coach Marlin makes significantly less than that number in base pay.
    $672,476 base pay

This performance would get you fired anywhere in the country....except here...another badge of honor "We do more with less"...

The new contract for Marlin should have been half that knowing the financial crunch. Extended because we made the NCAA ok but extended at that 700k salary was just bone head.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Throw in the people in power having no earthly idea how to connect with our community and treat them like embeciles with the way they communicate... Every bit of this is earned and we've been screaming it for 3 years.
    this is rich beyond measure.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    The Daily Advertiser doesn’t know we have basketball or spring sports anymore but they sure jumped all over this news.

Regardless, bad news and it explains a lot.

I don’t even click on their articles anymore, but I checked the online version. Stopped counting at 7 tsab stories to 1 UL. And it was about the finances.

While we pretty much live in a world where people get their news electronically, this lack of coverage has to contribute to UL’s decreasing visibility in its own region. No radio, no paper, still some local tv coverage. You’re missing people. How many? Who knows.

The problems run a lot deeper than that, of course. Thank goodness we’ve been winning and staying relevant in most sports. But how long can you sustain it when you’re taking a financial loss year after year?

…and not just the financial losses. You have an administration that knew we had a problem last year and didn’t make any recognizable changes the next year! So, what will you do about it now now that your jobs may be at stake?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    $672,476 base pay
    dropping the 6 off the front would be about right.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information