Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ESPN3.com

1. Default Re: ESPN 3 (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    ESPN 3 is nice and all to be able to watch games we used to not be able to see...but the presentation is awful. The camera work is shoddy...no down and distance most of the time...and it's always the third stringer we get calling the game. Thank gods it's free because it isn't worth much at all.
    ----YOU are ON the MONEY!!!

Default Re: ESPN 3 (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    It's better than nothing.

I remember way back in the day (about 5 years ago) when we were all excited about having one game on TV.
    True...but it's not that much better than radio.

Default Re: ESPN 3 (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    ESPN 3 is nice and all to be able to watch games we used to not be able to see...but the presentation is awful. The camera work is shoddy...no down and distance most of the time...and it's always the third stringer we get calling the game. Thank gods it's free because it isn't worth much at all.
    So it wasn't just my computer or my internet? Well, at least I got to see enough behind Jay's & Geralk's radio call to kow when there was a good play to look out extra hard for.

Default ESPN 3.com

Anyone else think the camera men were bad? They got lost all game.

Default Re: ESPN 3.com

Yeah they were not the greatest
    but our qbs did jobs on there reads. It fooled the camera men and Troy's defense

6. UL Football Re: ESPN 3.com

No doubt they use local talent. Come on there are dozens of broadcasts around the country, and ESPN cameras are not at many of them.

Bad video, bad broadcasters, but we got to watch UL beat the snot out of Troy again. The safe sex players were so P-O'ed they were playing dirty at the end, and we ended up losing a player for OSU because he got ejected.

As Cajun Mike likes to say it is good to be hated. Now WKU hates us for Thug Dancing, USA hates us for dethroning them in baseball, and now we have a condom dripping with hate.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    No doubt they use local talent. Come on there are dozens of broadcasts around the country, and ESPN cameras are not at many of them.

Bad video, bad broadcasters, but we got to watch UL beat the snot out of Troy again. The safe sex players were so P-O'ed they were playing dirty at the end, and we ended up losing a player for OSU because he got ejected.

As Cajun Mike likes to say it is good to be hated. Now WKU hates us for Thug Dancing, USA hates us for dethroning them in baseball, and now we have a condom dripping with hate.
    Correction...We did not lose a player for the OSU game. The suspension is only if ejected for fighting.

8. UL Football Re: ESPN 3.com

Thanks.

Camera crews left a lot to be desired as did one of the two 'analysts' or 'commentators' or whatever you want to call those guys. He was an obvious homer and spent the entire game being a 'Troy apologist'. Regardless, it was great to be able to see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    Camera crews left a lot to be desired as did one of the two 'analysts' or 'commentators' or whatever you want to call those guys. He was an obvious homer and spent the entire game being a 'Troy apologist'. Regardless, it was great to be able to see the game.
    i just wish that there was a way to sync up the local broadcast with the internet feed so that i could listen to jay call the game. the timing was off by a couple of seconds either way if you tried to listen to the radio or the internet, and my adhd wont let me watch a game with the audio that far off

One thing I did notice that appeared different from last year, is the game clarity. I watch these games off my XBOX and a widescreen tv and it sure did seem pretty clear compared to last years broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by don63 View Post
    One thing I did notice that appeared different from last year, is the game clarity. I watch these games off my XBOX and a widescreen tv and it sure did seem pretty clear compared to last years broadcasts.
    I agree, last year watching the StAte game on espn3, i could barely tell what was going. For most of the game tonight the quality was clear and crisp

13. Default Re: ESPN 3.com

HAS anybody ever heard the University of Louisiana Lafayette so much in your entire life---The name police had to get to him---Obviously wouldn't say UL or just Louisiana and although he did say just Lafayette a few times---It was always Louisiana Lafayette and not ULL---This whole name thing is just crazy---I have to go visit the Abbeville Meridonal now to get them straight!!!

14. Default Re: ESPN 3.com

In Yardley's blog about the game he even acknowledged that "(they prefer just 'UL')" so I expected to hear it at least once.

http://yardleybehindthemic.blogspot....-belt.html?m=1

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    HAS anybody ever heard the University of Louisiana Lafayette so much in your entire life---The name police had to get to him---Obviously wouldn't say UL or just Louisiana and although he did say just Lafayette a few times---It was always Louisiana Lafayette and not ULL---This whole name thing is just crazy---I have to go visit the Abbeville Meridonal now to get them straight!!!
    Boomer, those two were morons. They got a lot more than the name wrong.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information