Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 UL Development

1. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The details are just coming out now. Mainly because of the alienation of serious donors who were involved in this process. The Administration's stance on #BLM has seriously damaged the ability to fund this university through private fund raising. So several people who are in the top 150 university donor list are spilling information in order to get the normal Boudreaux to understand the type of mismanagement that is guiding this university.
    Seems like... Based on this post and previous....

You are saying 3-years ago he turned his nose up at a 25-year windfall because he had enough current donors to covered the stakes with no end in sight.

Now that past donors pocket books might be tightening (for various reasons) he has no fallback except to severely cut athletics.

Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Seems like... Based on this post and previous....

You are saying 3-years ago he turned his nose up at a 25-year windfall because he had enough current donors to covered the stakes with no end in sight.

Now that past donors pocket books might be tightening (for various reasons) he has no fallback except to severely cut athletics.
    No, I am saying the he messed up the deal because athletics would overshadow the academia. IMO

The reason details are being leaked is because major money wants him to publicly walk back his endorsement of a Marxist movement. He has alienated his donor base.

No, I am saying the he messed up the deal because athletics would overshadow the academia. IMO

The reason details are being leaked is because major money wants him to publicly walk back his endorsement of a Marxist movement. He has alienated his donor base.
    I would not be surprised if Dr. Savoie has never visited the website of the BLM organization. He may not be aware of the discrepancy between the ideal represented by the phrase and the actual political goals of the organization’s leaders. If I am correct in that assumption, someone needs to explain the difference to him. In fact, I bet 90 percent of the people in the nation have no clue as to the stated goals of the Formal BLM leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I would not be surprised if Dr. Savoie has never visited the website of the BLM organization. He may not be aware of the discrepancy between the ideal represented by the phrase and the actual political goals of the organization’s leaders. If I am correct in that assumption, someone needs to explain the difference to him. In fact, I bet 90 percent of the people in the nation have no clue as to the stated goals of the Formal BLM leadership.
    And when people who have researched them speak up, we are labeled as racist by people who haven’t. We have produced a large population of ignorant followers who read headlines and think that’s educating themselves.

The details are just coming out now. Mainly because of the alienation of serious donors who were involved in this process. The Administration’s stance on #BLM has seriously damaged the ability to fund this university through private fund raising. So several people who are in the top 150 university donor list are spilling information in order to get the normal Boudreaux to understand the type of mismanagement that is guiding this university.
    Ah, now the puzzle pieces are coming together.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And when people who have researched them speak up, we are labeled as racist by people who haven’t. We have produced a large population of ignorant followers who read headlines and think that’s educating themselves.
    Simply tell those people the discussion will continue after they review the documents you suggest they do. Most will say they support the ideal of the phrase but not the political aims of the formal organization. I still wonder if Dr. Savoie has reviewed some of the organization’s goAls or the background of some of the leaders.

Is this related to the statement posted by the Engish dept a couple weeks ago?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Is this related to the statement posted by the Engish dept a couple weeks ago?
    Entire university

9. Default Re: Here we go again

Entire university
    He better find a way to get out there soon and do a big old MEA CULPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Lots of speculation.....

CajunT, why don't you do a FOI(Freedom of Information) request to expose all of this. If this is accurate, their will be a huge uproar within the community.
    Feel free do it CajunFever. I don't need confirmation of the information I have received. I didn't need it in the case of Farmer and his evaluation with Alden, I didn't need it during the Russo Park debacle and I don't need it today. There is no need to ask for emails between my source and anyone in the administration. It just complicates matters for him and not the person in Martin Hall that is not returning phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBullDog View Post
    Are you Cajun T's lawyer? He is given a legal suggestion on getting the development info, his response is some off the wall BLM nonsense and you decide to be Cajun Injector and explain it all away.
    And I answered with what I chose to do with my time and phone calls. You are welcome to do something entirely different with yours. Here's a suggestion, instead of knocking me about my #BLM comments grow some balls and call Dr Savoie yourself. I will be happy to give you the number that forwards his messages to his personal cellphone.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Once the $30 mill annual figure was mentioned, the thread sort of lost credibility. Then came the bass pro shop comment, which put the thread into negative credibility.

Y’all are bashing T-Joe based on some extraordinary claims without any credible evidence. It’s sort of like when CNN and the main stream media called the high school kid a racist because of his encounter with that Indian fella.

I’ve learned to wait for facts and evidence. I would love to get additional information here though so i could be equally outraged.

13. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Once the $30 mill annual figure was mentioned, the thread sort of lost credibility. Then came the bass pro shop comment, which put the thread into negative credibility.

Y’all are bashing T-Joe based on some extraordinary claims without any credible evidence. It’s sort of like when CNN and the main stream media called the high school kid a racist because of his encounter with that Indian fella.

I’ve learned to wait for facts and evidence. I would love to get additional information here though so i could be equally outraged.
    Hey, send your FOIA request in. I notice you mention nothing about the subject that all the facts are out and on the table - #BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Hey, send your FOIA request in. I notice you mention nothing about the subject that all the facts are out and on the table - #BLM.
    Two different issues. I know someone said the development becoming public was loosely connected to the comments, but still two different issues.

I don’t really comment on the racial issues or allegations of racial issues. There’s no winning with that hyper-political topic.

15. Default Re: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Two different issues. I know someone said the development becoming public was loosely connected to the comments, but still two different issues.

I don't really comment on the racial issues or allegations of racial issues. There's no winning with that hyper-political topic.
    All i’m Sayin is that either issue should disqualify him to continue to lead our university.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information