Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Appreciation

Default Re: Music Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Sam Bush mentored Sierra Hull from a very young age. She is carrying on the bluegrass tradition like few can.

Check out this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHVOuKS8-8 The amount of musical talent on the stage rivals an Eric Clapton Crossroads Festival.
    Damn.. two of the best guitarists in the world [Billy Strings and Molly Tuttle] and one of the best mandolin players [Sierra Hull] all on stage together.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I was unfamiliar with their game.. thanks for posting. I really enjoyed that.
    Oh yeah! Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I'll be honest with you guys, I frickin hate bluegrass and most country is not much better, but I LOVE the blues. I highly recommend Buffalo Nichols & Christone "Kingfish" Ingram. I personally think Kingfish is the future of the blues. He's incredible. Nichols is more of a folk blues guitarist but he does some cool stuff fusing the blues with other genres! Both are definitely worth a listen, and I hope to see them both live at some point.
    What are your thoughts on Samantha Fish?

Josh Meloy
    https://youtu.be/1mEYgfTN1Po?si=VQlLsAPq3i-31KlH

This is one I recently started listening too.

What are your thoughts on Samantha Fish?
    I Haven't listened to a whole lot of her songs, but what I have heard is pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    A few scattered off the wall picks:

Cody Canada and the Departed
    Dash Rip Rock
    Bowling for Soup
    Lacey Sturm/Flyleaf
    Fozzy
    The Airborne Toxic Event

Also, tangentially related to this topic, Nickelback is playing at the Houston Rodeo this year hahahahahaha
    Since you brought up Bowling For Soup, I’ve gotta mention one of my favorite listens from 2023. Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 has a radio show called After School Radio. Alternative and punk music. Blink and pop punk in general was never really my thing, so I was skeptical going in. He and his co-hosts are great though, and they play a good mix. Almost every episode features a guest artist as well and that person picks 5 songs important to them. I find the interviews tend to go really well. I guess it being musician to musician the artists loosen up a bit compared to with a journalist.

For everyone here discussing country and bluegrass, W.B. Walker’s Old Soul Radio Show is a must listen. Treasure trove of music.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I Haven't listened to a whole lot of her songs, but what I have heard is pretty solid.
    Great modern blues guitar player. Pretty easy one the eyes also.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Speaking of Marc Broussard, he released his latest installment of his blues series last year. It features Joe Bonamassa. It’s a press play and listen the whole way through album.
    Ditto. Have some of it on my blues playlist.

I had tickets in 2020 to see Billy Strings & Markus King for 2 nights in New Orleans the same weekend of Jazz Fest. Good old covid ruined that for me. Its still eats at me that I had to miss that.
    Yeah, same here. I was was pretty bummed out about that as well. Even though different band, Billy and the Kids at Red Rocks made up for it in 2021.

Wife and I went see Dead & Co at Folsom Field every year they played. Colorado shows are an absolute good time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Yeah, same here. I was was pretty bummed out about that as well. Even though different band, Billy and the Kids at Red Rocks made up for it in 2021.

Wife and I went see Dead & Co at Folsom Field every year they played. Colorado shows are an absolute good time.
    I was in Denver for a work trip this past July. Got a chance to see the Avett Brothers at Red Rocks. Incredible show.

That was my 4th Red Rocks experience. First show was in high school. My dad took me to see Stone Temple Pilots. Scott had just gotten out of a brief stint in jail for drugs. An all time front man. I remember getting beer spilled on my shoes by a 40 something year old dude reliving his high school days Im sure. That was such a cool night.

2nd and 3rd shows were Wilco with my wife. Went with her cousins the first night and sat in the 3rd row. Decided to go back the next night. Sat in the very back row to just take in the view. It’s a must see venue for concert goers.

Lafayette's own Sonny Landreth, legend...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post

Red Rocks is on my bucket list for sure. I would love to see Dead & Co live also.

I was finally able to see Billy live at the Civic Theatre. One of the best shows I have ever been to. Also streamed all 3 of his shows live this New Years when he was at UNO Lakefront. New Years Eve he took the stage at 9pm and didnt finish the concert until 1:30am. Not many artists do that this day in age.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Since you brought up Bowling For Soup, I’ve gotta mention one of my favorite listens from 2023. Mark Hoppus from Blink 182 has a radio show called After School Radio. Alternative and punk music. Blink and pop punk in general was never really my thing, so I was skeptical going in. He and his co-hosts are great though, and they play a good mix. Almost every episode features a guest artist as well and that person picks 5 songs important to them. I find the interviews tend to go really well. I guess it being musician to musician the artists loosen up a bit compared to with a journalist.

For everyone here discussing country and bluegrass, W.B. Walker’s Old Soul Radio Show is a must listen. Treasure trove of music.
    I saw Blink earlier this year. Their live shows have never been great (mostly the vocals) but they rocked pretty hard for a bunch of middle age guys. Travis Barker is insane. Great show.

Red Rocks is on my bucket list for sure. I would love to see Dead & Co live also.

I was finally able to see Billy live at the Civic Theatre. One of the best shows I have ever been to. Also streamed all 3 of his shows live this New Years when he was at UNO Lakefront. New Years Eve he took the stage at 9pm and didnt finish the concert until 1:30am. Not many artists do that this day in age.
    I've actually been to Red Rocks to see the Avett Brothers. It's awesome, definitely go when you get a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I was in Denver for a work trip this past July. Got a chance to see the Avett Brothers at Red Rocks. Incredible show.

That was my 4th Red Rocks experience. First show was in high school. My dad took me to see Stone Temple Pilots.
    Woah, STP at Red Rocks!
    I saw STP at Lakefront Arena in the summer of '95 (best summer ever), and it was probably the best concert I ever saw. Weiland was in his rocking chair just belting em out. Dude had such a a great voice. I'll never forget that show.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information