Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Only solution

Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it’s pretty amazing that anyone would come here and tag the poster who doesn’t think his University or it’s players and coaches suck and then would even entertain an analysis as to whether that poster’s post or the podcast and posts by RR embracing the suck are more detrimental to Louisiana and it’s athletic programs . . . let that sink in . . .
    Because that particular poster consistently instigates while using “love for the university” as a cover for such antics. It’s so detrimental that the “ignore” button is very popular around these parts with said poster.

Nothing wrong with being critical. If you are not critical then how would you ever improve? Now with that being said

Take a restaurant in Lafayette. That restaurant has to be on target for the first month. If that restaurant is terrible it will be busy for the first month and after that I give them maybe a year and they are shutting down.

Same with the stadium redo if they redo this stadium and tailgating doesn’t change, if concessions are terrible, if parking is still a problem, and our football team is losing games it’s over the fans you attracted by the new stadium are gone!

That’s why we need to be experimenting this next year with what works. I mean like tailgating if things don’t change it’s over. We spent 30 million for 2 games and every fan that you attracted by the new stadium, came to the game are going back to the house.

These fans are not diehards they are casual fans. If I was a fan of Macoroni Grill and they suck I would probably still go back, but if I was a casual diner that goes eat out once a week I wouldn’t show back up. We are the fans of the Macoroni Grill that post on this forum.

That’s why they better be on point, they better test everything and work out all the kinks when it comes to game day experience, better have lively interactive tailgating and fan engagement, and better have somewhat of an exciting team, and better compete and win when they open.

Just like a restaurant the staff better be trained, the food better be pushed out and be on point, everything must be clicking if not Lafayette will show you the door.

Same with this stadium !

If a crowd of 30k show up and we can’t handle it. It’s over !!

We better have Gordon Ramsey in the building maybe even John Taffer that first couple games when that stadium opens.

Name:  IMG_6498.gif
Views: 150
Size:  232.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6501.gif
Views: 153
Size:  470.9 KB

Attached Images Attached Images  

. . . What are you talking about . . .
    If I trolled like you did on here I would stay home and watch on my patio to, as you have admittedly do several times on here. Tell me do you and JAB ever watch together.

4. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If I trolled like you did on here I would stay home and watch on my patio to, as you have admittedly do several times on here. Tell me do you and JAB ever watch together.
    . . . I posted that I attended the first football game this year and it was just too much because of my medical conditions . . . I guess that does not fit your agenda so you just disregarded it . . . I will be watching baseball in my seats . . . if that does not suit you, too bad . . .

5. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Because that particular poster consistently instigates while using “love for the university” as a cover for such antics. It’s so detrimental that the “ignore” button is very popular around these parts with said poster.
    . . . so now a post which may be equally important and possibly opposite in debate to “preach the suck” is instigation here . . . ok, my man . . . and yes, I do have a history of being on the opposite side of those that show up here only to “preach the suck” on a sports message board of the team and university which I support and if those I debate with are too weak to take the debate, they are certainly free to use the ignore button . . . but rest assured, all that demonstrates is weakness in their position and most of all weakness in their character . . . imagine a world where you just cancel all of those you don’t agree with . . . we are getting there, but is that the world that you and your fellow RR “preach the suck” boys support . . . RR did not used to be that way, but is has evolved to that . . . how refreshing it was to have Dave there in the last episode to balance the discussion . . . you three were squirming in your chairs and could not wait to have him exit, but he would not go . . . you were like a giddy 13 year old girl when he finally exited and the “preach the suck” could commence unabated for the third hour of the podcast . . . I challenge you to go back and listen to the whole podcast and come back here and let us know if that is not what you see . . . yes, there is a time, a need a value and a limit in constructive criticism . . . that is no longer what you guys stand for . . .

6. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

. . . so now a post which may be equally important and possibly opposite in debate to “preach the suck” is instigation here . . .
    It comes across as "instigation" because there is a difference between point/counterpoint discussions, and point/"preach the suck" end of discussion declarations.

. . . so now a post which may be equally important and possibly opposite in debate to “preach the suck” is instigation here . . . ok, my man . . . and yes, I do have a history of being on the opposite side of those that show up here only to “preach the suck” on a sports message board of the team and university which I support and if those I debate with are too weak to take the debate, they are certainly free to use the ignore button . . . but rest assured, all that demonstrates is weakness in their position and most of all weakness in their character . . . imagine a world where you just cancel all of those you don’t agree with . . . we are getting there, but is that the world that you and your fellow RR “preach the suck” boys support . . . RR did not used to be that way, but is has evolved to that . . . how refreshing it was to have Dave there in the last episode to balance the discussion . . . you three were squirming in your chairs and could not wait to have him exit, but he would not go . . . you were like a giddy 13 year old girl when he finally exited and the “preach the suck” could commence unabated for the third hour of the podcast . . . I challenge you to go back and listen to the whole podcast and come back here and let us know if that is not what you see . . . yes, there is a time, a need a value and a limit in constructive criticism . . . that is no longer what you guys stand for . . .
    You just proved my point. Squirming? Giddy like a 13 year old girl when he exited? He agreed with almost 90% of what we said. We kept him on for an hour longer than his original intended allotted time because it was great content. We had other topics to cover and knew the episode would run close to 3 hours which it did. But yet, here we are creating narratives again. There’s no debate or conversations in any of the previous post. Nothing but instigations, picking arguments, and name calling. That’s why no other poster bothers to “debate” because it doesn’t exist without an elementary school insult. That’s not showing love for the university. That’s pettiness and salivating at opportunities to argue.

How do you expect to improve unless you are being critical.

How does a Football team improve if you are not fixing mistakes, same with any sport, same with marching band, cheerleading, life, work, kids, religion. If all I did was not push people we would get no where.

Same with the athletic department, you see it and from my perspective if they do not do something they will lose support.

Look you can see what is taking place, that’s why I chose to start this thread to offer solutions.

Not to bash!

9. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It comes across as "instigation" because there is a difference between point/counterpoint discussions, and point/"preach the suck" end of discussion declarations.
    . . . so now we are going to talk about feelings . . . how weak are we really as a fan base . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

How does a Football team improve if you are not fixing mistakes, same with any sport, same with marching band, cheerleading, life, work, kids, religion. If all I did was not push people we would get no where.

Same with the athletic department, you see it and from my perspective if they do not do something they will lose support.

Look you can see what is taking place, that’s why I chose to start this thread to offer solutions.
    And here we are. Sidetracked as always. Again.

11. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    And here we are. Sidetracked as always. Again.
    I think I got it:

1. This is no longer a debate forum

2. You are for (a) preach the suck, (b) cancel culture and (c) feelings

3. Any poster who comes here with an opposite view in a thread you participate in is an instigator.

4. In fact, you would go so far as to suggest that posters who challenge you view be placed on ignore.

12. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

Not to bash!
    . . . were your feelings hurt when Dave showed up on the last RR with some balanced pushback . . . was that not fair content by Dave . . . or, are you only for criticism, even when it goes far beyond constructive criticism . . .

I think I got it:

1. This is no longer a debate forum

2. You are for (a) preach the suck, (b) cancel culture and (c) feelings

3. Any poster who comes here with an opposite view in a thread you participate in is an instigator.

4. In fact, you would go so far as to suggest that posters who challenge you view be placed on ignore.
    Instigating, name calling, and picking petty arguments isn’t debating. It’s elementary school pettiness.

14. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Old man hollering at clouds again.
    We have never ever once sought to “create a narrative.” We would not have survived that way. What we have done is reflect what the fanbase was talking about at the time and discussed it on the show. That has been the formula from day 1 and it has worked very well.

You, as Robe said often, are like the majority and think correction is criticism. And your betters send you here, like many others, to attempt to clean up their mess. Transparent as always.

I’ll leave you with this. On two occasions, we went hard in the opposite direction of the fanbase. We implored people to give Bob support going into the 2021 tournament and we explained that Mike Des could actually be one of the most important hires in our history and he deserved our support. On both accounts, we received plenty of blowback. But we stuck to our convictions. I don’t recall you supporting us during those times. No, the only time you show up here is to cause division and seek attention. You hide behind this laughable false sense of virtue. You live in a world where you’re some guiding light of reason.

You’re just a miserable old dude with a weird TSAB complex that gets his jollies off attacking the only real fans we have left.

15. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

. . . so now we are going to talk about feelings . . . how weak are we really as a fan base . . .
    Lafayette would still be mailing out redlight camera tickets from that Australian company if they had adopted your no discussion stance on what can be improved around Louisiana Athletics.

jmo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information