Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Basically legalized what had been going on under the table for years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Basically legalized what had been going on under the table for years.
    Yes, but if they bought a player on your roster, he had to sit out. That's not been going on for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    This will not end well. Fostering the youth to sell themselves to the highest bidder with no regard to commitment or what might actually be in their best interest. I get that the bag man has always been around but it’s creating a menace to society when the train goes off the tracks.
    If this were girls we were talking about, these schools would be considered trafficking minors for profit.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Nobody really knows . . . Nobody here really knows . . . Nobody really knows . . .
    Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care, about time. oh
    noooooo...We've all got time enough to cry. Sad song times.

I think J. Y. Foreman & Bob Wright were ahead of their time by about 50 years.

6. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by gorcajun View Post
    I think J. Y. Foreman & Bob Wright were ahead of their time by about 50 years.
    Visionaries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    How long ago are you talking about? Grades and transferring credits are days now, it is all online?

In Texas, my son took a couple of summer classes at a community college and they showed up in his UH portal a week later. He is just a regular student, no athletics involved.
    That is interesting, thanks for update. But also not exactly just a timing issue, certain classes wouldnt transfer in the past. Couldnt just have a problem in a certain class and go take it somewhere else where it is easy.
    A community college and the public univ in its system have certain arrangements. That is different. Used to be a certain amount had to be at the primary school. Not everything would transfer. (I thought by design to set Universities apart academically) This was especially true for upper classmen, If you transferred in late, even if the credits were good, you would need to take extra classes at final school to get the degree. Last 30 or 60 for example, if that were still true, they would not be on pace for eligibility.

UL catalogue:

D.1.c.
    In no case may a student earn a baccalaureate degree from the University unless at least 25% of the required degree hours are earned at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    UL catalogue:

D.1.c.
    In no case may a student earn a baccalaureate degree from the University unless at least 25% of the required degree hours are earned at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
    Not sure whether your post is in reference to any other post in particular, but I think that for most of these players chasing NIL dollars, getting a degree is way down on their list of priorities.

My biggest question in all this is, how did whoever came up with this NIL plan not realize this was going to happen, or did they realize it and just not care? Oooorrr, was this all part of the plan?

10. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Not sure whether your post is in reference to any other post in particular, but I think that for most of these players chasing NIL dollars, getting a degree is way down on their list of priorities.

My biggest question in all this is, how did whoever came up with this NIL plan not realize this was going to happen, or did they realize it and just not care? Oooorrr, was this all part of the plan?
    I believe you are correct. Nothing that has been posted or discusses in the last two weeks take into consideration “getting a degree”

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This actually makes me feel ill. The article about aTM.
    In right there with you on that. It is a very troubling sign of things to come in college football

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    That is interesting, thanks for update. But also not exactly just a timing issue, certain classes wouldnt transfer in the past. Couldnt just have a problem in a certain class and go take it somewhere else where it is easy.
    A community college and the public univ in its system have certain arrangements. That is different. Used to be a certain amount had to be at the primary school. Not everything would transfer. (I thought by design to set Universities apart academically) This was especially true for upper classmen, If you transferred in late, even if the credits were good, you would need to take extra classes at final school to get the degree. Last 30 or 60 for example, if that were still true, they would not be on pace for eligibility.
    Those are good points. I think you are looking at it as credits that are transferable for graduation, where I am coming at it from the ability to be eligible immediately.

I certainly don't know the NCAA rules, but based upon how lenient things have become, I would guess that as long as the athlete was a full-time student and eligible at time of transfer, they would be (in most cases) eligible at the new school.

NCAA has abandoned any real graduation concerns.

13. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Lindsey Scott Jr. is in the transfer portal. I wonder if he is in play?

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    I hear Florida is interested

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Lost his starting job toward the end of the season at Nicholls.

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information