Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

. . . where do some of these posters come from . . .

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    And now?
    Now we are still way behind the competition in terms of athletic funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    And now we’re trying to make up for 20-30 years of outright hatred of athletics by Martin Hall.

Now ____ off.
    I meant financially.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Athletics was starved prior to RCAF. Ticket revenue did not come close to meeting requirements to run the department. At one point, staff members were purchasing pens and pencils out of their own pockets. Results were poor on the field in those days. Check out the football results from 1997 to 2004. That is about the time our competitors began putting more money into their programs. We started RCAF in order to remain competitive. NIL has made the challenge greater. Jordan Brown left here due to fact we could not match the NIL deal offered by Memphis. The Krewe Allons collective will aid that situation
    I have to say this. My original reply was about attendance, not financials.

And now?
    And now the game has changed again with NIL and transfer portal combo

If we want to talk about why we lost this game; our running backs rushed 21 times for only 46 yards, you won't win games like this.

Also zeon only had 106 yards passing the whole game. The offense (outside zeon's running) was down right horrendous

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana 17, Georgia State 20

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    If we want to talk about why we lost this game; our running backs rushed 21 times for only 46 yards, you won't win games like this.

Also zeon only had 106 yards passing the whole game. The offense (outside zeon's running) was down right horrendous
    Wow that's not very good and hard to contimplate.

21 Carrie’s for RBs out of 67 total plays isn’t a good number. I don’t care if you’re getting stuffed. You gotta run the ball. Not necessarily up the damn middle every time.

A lot of ZC’s yardage wasn’t originally planned.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

I'm tired hearing this damn excuse especially when said family of 4 would go to tiger stadium, spend $100/Ticket, plus $30 to park a mile away
    The family of 4 going to Tiger Stadium and spending $500 plus when all is said and done are doing so because it meets a need for them. Whether it's the brand, experience, opponents, and/or winning championships it appeals to them and therefore they spend $$$. This isn't a problem unique to UL or Lafayette, it happens across the state.

Our focus needs to be on building brand loyalty with students year over year. A student that is loyal to UL athletics is more likely to become a loyal alumni. The university missed out on making a large number of UL alumni loyal to UL athletics by simply ignoring them. I started going to UL football games as a freshman at UL not because the university marketed to me but because I love football. I'm the outlier, not the norm.

Finally, we need to show the community that we have a higher ceiling for UL football. That will require time. The excitement of our first New Orleans Bowl in 2011 was high but after a few years the excitment decreased. Why? The community believes our ceiling is a potential conference championship and a minor bowl game. THe community wants to see more and we have to figure out how to do that.

Well, problem #1 is RCAF, the UL Foundation and now Krew Allons are all fishing in the same pond.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Georgia State

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    The family of 4 going to Tiger Stadium and spending $500 plus when all is said and done are doing so because it meets a need for them. Whether it's the brand, experience, opponents, and/or winning championships it appeals to them and therefore they spend $$$. This isn't a problem unique to UL or Lafayette, it happens across the state.

Our focus needs to be on building brand loyalty with students year over year. A student that is loyal to UL athletics is more likely to become a loyal alumni. The university missed out on making a large number of UL alumni loyal to UL athletics by simply ignoring them. I started going to UL football games as a freshman at UL not because the university marketed to me but because I love football. I'm the outlier, not the norm.

Finally, we need to show the community that we have a higher ceiling for UL football. That will require time. The excitement of our first New Orleans Bowl in 2011 was high but after a few years the excitment decreased. Why? The community believes our ceiling is a potential conference championship and a minor bowl game. THe community wants to see more and we have to figure out how to do that.
    Nailed it

I have to say this. My original reply was about attendance, not financials.
    Every game available on TV is a major reason our attendance is down.

The TV isn't effecting Texas State and App.

Ragin Cajun Football is being watched by more people than ever before. But, as Mike said, most are watching on TV rather than inside Cajun Field! Obviously, no one has a definitive solution. All I can do is to keep showing up just as I have been doing for decades. I can only control what I do, and refuse to beat my head against a wall trying to convince those that just don't get it to come and enjoy the games in person.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information