Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 15,053

Default Re: 15,053

What I think some people get wrong, is thinking that we play good football, therefore people should want to see good football. No one cares about the football part of it. You have got to cultivate an atmosphere at Cajun field that is not solely based on football.

App St is 2-3 but have a sell out for a Tuesday night game.

I don’t think we need to give out anything for free but the point of entrance needs to be lower. Especially when the supply/demand doesn’t match the product. You have to have price points for everyone from a young family to the retiree and create an atmosphere that brings a festival to Cajun field 6-7 times per year.

I personally think the games are terrible in person. I go to support the football program but I would be happier watching the game from home, due to TV ruining the game. This problem is not going away so the admin needs to figure out better ways to fill that space. Presenting checks and honoring people, is not keeping people engaged in the game.

I am thinking if we flood this board with enough attendance threads the Admin will do something about it LMFAO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I am thinking if we flood this board with enough attendance threads the Admin will do something about it LMFAO!!
    The admin isn't going to do anything..

Any grassroots effort would likely need to be similar to what the NIL Collective is doing..

"Tuesday night come to Adopted Dog Brewing, with purchase receive a code to get tickets to Cajuns homecoming game for $14.99"

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    What I think some people get wrong, is thinking that we play good football, therefore people should want to see good football. No one cares about the football part of it. You have got to cultivate an atmosphere at Cajun field that is not solely based on football.

App St is 2-3 but have a sell out for a Tuesday night game.

I don’t think we need to give out anything for free but the point of entrance needs to be lower. Especially when the supply/demand doesn’t match the product. You have to have price points for everyone from a young family to the retiree and create an atmosphere that brings a festival to Cajun field 6-7 times per year.

I personally think the games are terrible in person. I go to support the football program but I would be happier watching the game from home, due to TV ruining the game. This problem is not going away so the admin needs to figure out better ways to fill that space. Presenting checks and honoring people, is not keeping people engaged in the game.
    I have no argument with what you say but there are people like me. I really don't care about atmosphere, concession quality or price, the way the stadium looks, socialize or any of that stuff. I go to watch the game and that's about it. I really don't care about the scoreboard either. I want to know the time left in the quarter or game, down and distance and how many time outs left. I am looking to spend the minimum amount of time at the game as possible. Why....because I have other things to do.

It would be interesting to see how many of the recent graduates are still in the area. I would guess that most of the local grads have left that state to get good paying jobs that are not available here in Lafayette or the state for that matter. Many people I know have kids that have graduated from UL or other universities and have left. And guess what....they ain't coming back.

The recent announcement that the Tech president was retiring said that he was going to spend time with his children THAT LIVE IN TEXAS!!!!! There you go. It's hard to develop a strong growing alumni base when they leave as soon as they are able.

After the game I brought my granddaughters home and my daughters neighbor was there. She is an alumni of UL. She had no idea how the Cajuns did or any interest but she was quick to say that LSU won.

6. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    App is an anomaly at the G5 level. Most programs in our category are having similar issues.
    Then why are we basing our pricing structure on their model?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I have no argument with what you say but there are people like me. I really don't care about atmosphere, concession quality or price, the way the stadium looks, socialize or any of that stuff. I go to watch the game and that's about it. I really don't care about the scoreboard either. I want to know the time left in the quarter or game, down and distance and how many time outs left. I am looking to spend the minimum amount of time at the game as possible. Why....because I have other things to do.

It would be interesting to see how many of the recent graduates are still in the area. I would guess that most of the local grads have left that state to get good paying jobs that are not available here in Lafayette or the state for that matter. Many people I know have kids that have graduated from UL or other universities and have left. And guess what....they ain't coming back.

The recent announcement that the Tech president was retiring said that he was going to spend time with his children THAT LIVE IN TEXAS!!!!! There you go. It's hard to develop a strong growing alumni base when they leave as soon as they are able.
    I bet a lot of people bounce out of Troy, Alabama; Huntington, West Virginia; Hattiesburg, Mississippi; Boone, North Carolina; Harrisonburg, Virginia, etc. when they graduate as well, but somehow those schools deliver. We aren't even giving ourselves a chance because we aren't cultivating a bond with our students when they are here. We can forget about it once they are gone.

As for the people who just want to see a football game, a lot of those folks like to see rosters. A bare bones program or even two damn sheets of paper with rosters would be better than a "digital program" that won't load because of the poor internet.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I bet a lot of people bounce out of Troy, Alabama; Huntington, West Virginia; Hattiesburg, Mississippi; Boone, North Carolina; Harrisonburg, Virginia, etc. when they graduate as well, but somehow those schools deliver. We aren't even giving ourselves a chance because we aren't cultivating a bond with our students when they are here. We can forget about it once they are gone.

As for the people who just want to see a football game, a lot of those folks like to see rosters. A bare bones program or even two damn sheets of paper with rosters would be better than a "digital program" that won't load because of the poor internet.
    Yes! Nothing burns my ass like not having a paper program!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

I’m pretty similar in that I’m there for football. Not a huge fan of tailgating either But I do understand that what I want won’t get people in the stands.

10. Default Re: 15,053

. . . you know, he has a point . . .

Festivals Acadiens et Creoles is this weekend.

In the commercial is the reminder "ITS FREE."

Just like Festivale Internationale. Or Mardi Gras. Or Downtown Alive. Or Rhythms. Or the Sugar Mill Pond thing.

We redefine "conservative" in this town. The typical resident of Lafayette is (unknowingly) much more of a Huey enthusiast than am I, the resident liberal.

On a positive note, all seven tickets I have access to were used this weekend.

12. Default Re: 15,053

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    They probably know lots of the talent mike assembled will be wearing a different color next year and getting paid handsomely to do so. I only see support at this level going down not up in the way college football is currently structured.
    And yet the other SBC attendance keep edging upwards. Something else is going on here. I haven’t a clue.

People don't mind paying $8 for a beer at a free event..

Buying $6 hotdogs after spending $25 a ticket is a gut punch

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I’m kinda tired of hearing crap takes like this. Other schools (see App State) don’t have the same disinterested fan base.
    App State has a monopoly for Saturday entertainment in Boone, NC and the surrounding area. It is the only show around for about 150 miles in any direction. There are too many options in Lafayette for other things to do on a Saturday afternoon. Just the facts of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yes! Nothing burns my ass like not having a paper program!
    Agreed. I wish it would be available to download from the website prior to getting to the stadium..

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information