Poll: So what color do you think the Indoor Practice Facility roof should be?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ROOF Color of Indoor Practice Facility

1. Default ROOF Color of Indoor Practice Facility

I can't see the roof in drawing renditions but I sure can see it from every angle.

So what color do you think the roof should be?

Default Re: Color of Indoor Practice Facility Roof

Maroon...don't really know why. But I think it would look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockMeaux
    Maroon...don't really know why. But I think it would look nice.
    Where is that school pride, UL Vermilion all the way!!!!!!!!!!

I think Vermillion Red would look Great on the roof. Maybe even paint the Louisiana's Ragin Cajun Crest on it. That would be really sweet!!

This is so COOL Re: Color of Indoor Practice Facility Roof

Quote Originally Posted by USL fan
    Where is that school pride, UL Vermilion all the way!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought that vermilion would look great for one or two seasons, then it would go though several stages of orange, and even though I am a paint volunteer, I ain't going to help on that one. I went with the white, vermilion walls would be just dandy.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    I thought that vermilion would look great for one or two seasons, then it would go though several stages of orange, and even though I am a paint volunteer, I ain't going to help on that one. I went with the white, vermilion walls would be just dandy.
    Paint it green, with white lines, so from the air, it'll look like there isn't a roof at all

As awesome as Vermillion would be to have on the roof, it just isn't feesible. Not only will it fade, but the darker the color you put, the more heat that the building will absorb and retain. I think you have to go with a white or grey roof. But hey, you can always go overboard with UL logos and vermillion colored trimming. Besides, as nice and as big as the outside is, it's the inside that's gonna land those recruits. I say we get a UL flag as big as the Louisiana flag that they roll out on the field on game day and hang it up behind the west endzone. Heck, get two of those bad boys and hang one up behind the East endzone as well.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    As awesome as Vermillion would be to have on the roof, it just isn't feesible. Not only will it fade, but the darker the color you put, the more heat that the building will absorb and retain. I think you have to go with a white or grey roof. But hey, you can always go overboard with UL logos and vermillion colored trimming. Besides, as nice and as big as the outside is, it's the inside that's gonna land those recruits. I say we get a UL flag as big as the Louisiana flag that they roll out on the field on game day and hang it up behind the west endzone. Heck, get two of those bad boys and hang one up behind the East endzone as well.
    I kinda agree. Darker colors would heat it up a lot. Its probably gonna end up being something generic anyway. Its not like we got BCS money flowing around here to start making improvements like that, especially to something that nobody will see. I remember a couple years ago when Gerald rolled out a drawing that had a strip of brick going around it about 1/4 of the way up. that would do a lot more for the building than painting the roof. But, if we are gonna paint, I agree with Kal that we should paint huge UL logos on either side of the complex and such, on the inside, where the players will be visiting.

By the way, we ahve that turf form the Super Dome from a few years ago. Where is that thing being stored?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    As awesome as Vermillion would be to have on the roof, it just isn't feesible. Not only will it fade, but the darker the color you put, the more heat that the building will absorb and retain.
    Spray the insulation and it matters not. Remember too McDonalds has gotten away with non fade red roofs for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux

By the way, we ahve that turf form the Super Dome from a few years ago. Where is that thing being stored?

A long time ago I was told it was being housed in one of the barns at Blackham. Whether that's still the case or not I'm not sure. My question is, do we have enough money left to repaint the endzones and midfield logo on the turf? As cool as a practice facility is, recruits won't be too impressed if it's obvious we have the Saints' hand-me-downs.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Color of Indoor Practice Facility Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    I built the gameday sponso Vermilion roof is still as Vermilion as ever. Also on the Ticket boothe out front of the Baseball field it is newer yet still Vermilion!

All the Roof tops should be Vermilion, all of the that are metal that is!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: ROOF Color of Indoor Practice Facility

I believe if you put up a white roof and then paint it red it will fade, but if you decide on red in the design then the metal will come red from the factory and it wont fade. I also don't think there is a major difference in price between the two metals but like someone already said, the darker roof will produce more heat. If there are fans and vents in the building like there will be if there is no air conditioning than alot of that heat shouldn't reach the field level.

As far as the turf goes. I will gladly give the first hundred dollars and some time to make sure the turf is painted over, not cause I don't like the Saints either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    I believe if you put up a white roof and then paint it red it will fade, but if you decide on red in the design then the metal will come red from the factory and it wont fade. I also don't think there is a major difference in price between the two metals but like someone already said, the darker roof will produce more heat. If there are fans and vents in the building like there will be if there is no air conditioning than alot of that heat shouldn't reach the field level.

As far as the turf goes. I will gladly give the first hundred dollars and some time to make sure the turf is painted over, not cause I don't like the Saints either.
    Those fields get painted and washed/repainted all the time (think superdome for sugar bowl, then turning for this week's playoff game). Doubt there will be any old saints logos on the turf.

Shof

I have a background in metal building construction so I guess I'll give my 2 cents. If Southern donated to good stuff, it will have a 30 year waranty and should not fade for many many years. However, in my experience I know for a fact that it will look best with all white and trim in vermillion. I've been around metal buildings my whole life because my dad owns a company that sells building and roofs (Cajun Building Specialties in New Iberia). Nice free plug there haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    I built the gameday sponso Vermilion roof is still as Vermilion as ever. Also on the Ticket boothe out front of the Baseball field it is newer yet still Vermilion!

All the Roof tops should be Vermilion, all of the that are metal that is!

DaddyCajun

While we are talking about construction projects, what is the status/hold up with the media center on the corner of Congress and Bertrand?

I drive by nearly every day, and haven't seen a lick of work done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information