Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Hot Sauce Promo

Default Louisiana Hot Sauce Promo

What's the deal with it? I saw it at the basketball game last night and it actually made me miss Cayenne (who wasn't there). I hope this isn't our new mascot or anything. Anyone know why we had a bottle of hot sauce as our mascot last night?

2. Default Re: Hot Sauce Mascot

Well give them a little credit--Louisiana HOT SAUCE---Gave us some bucks---I thought we had some kinda deal with Tabasco also----Who knows!!!!!

Default Re: Hot Sauce Mascot

Scared to ask but does anybody have a picture they could post?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun1997 View Post
    Scared to ask but does anybody have a picture they could post?
    I looked everywhere online. No luck. But it's just a Louisiana Hot Sauce bottle with arms and legs

I figure some sort of sponsorship/marketing arrangement has been made between Bruce Foods and the school. I recall they had someone wandering around Cajun Field in that Louisiana Hot Sauce suit during a couple of our home games. I suspect that means that deal with McIlhenny has gone south.

no pic but, It is a very cool costume. Would love to have that for a holloween costume

Sounds better than the giant red **** but pretty much any thing would. Before anybody says it, I am not talking about the person in the costume but the horrible costume itself. I hope we permently move on from it.

I miss the chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    What's the deal with it? I saw it at the basketball game last night and it actually made me miss Cayenne (who wasn't there). I hope this isn't our new mascot or anything. Anyone know why we had a bottle of hot sauce as our mascot last night?
    I saw that as wellthought the same thing.NOW WHAT?! Another UL magical marketing moment!! No one knows where it came from or when.no media relations announcement that I can recall.

BTW, don't forget Mark Hudspeth signing autographs Saturday from 11 - 2 at Brothers on the Blvd!

The Hot Sauce was at every home football game, if I recall correctly. Someone told me Hot Sauce also appears at Saints games in the Dome.

I like it, though my girls were a bit shy about shaking its hand during the season.

Wow! I went to every home football game and don't recall ever seeing the hot sauce mascot. Can't say I missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by ynkfan42 View Post
    I miss the chicken.
    agreed

13. Default Re: Hot Sauce Mascot

This is the best I can do, lower right corner.

The Hot Sauce didn't stay in the corner it made its rounds (floor level) several times for sure.

Not a bad promo but for a mascot to be good crowd rouser it needs a snout, beak or projecting jaw, like the chicken had or the BullGator will have some day.

When the Mascot turns direction it needs to convey action. You don't get that with Cayenne or Louisian Hot Sauce. Still, not a bad promo.

ps I saw Louisiana Hot Sauce at at least one game this year and several games over the last few years, and I usually arrive late.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Attachment 6028

we're boys.

I saw it walking around at every home game in the student section. I also saw him on the other side of CF. I saw some guys pick him up and hold him upside down over a pot of jambalaya lol!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information