Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bob Marlin is the best

1. Default Bob Marlin is the best

I love his humor.

He arrived a couple minutes late for the coaches show and told Jay the coaches meeting ran over. He said "we were trying to decide who the 6th man should be." for the Thursday game.

Default Re: Bob Marlin is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I love his humor.

He arrived a couple minutes late for the coaches show and told Jay the coaches meeting ran over. He said "we were trying to decide who the 6th man should be." for the Thursday game.
    hahahahahaha I love it

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    hahahahahaha I love it
    +1

I LOVE working with this man. It's like having Robe coaching basketball.

Jay, I did not get to listen to the show last night. Can you hit the high points of his comments? Thanks.

Jay, this is a quick question, with the coaches we have in place right now, have you ever seen a more talented group of coaches at UL?

Are the bball coach's shows always on Tuesday? I want to go to some, but I guess they've been on and off with all the breaks they had the past few weeks.

8. Default Re: Bob Marlin is the best

Coach Marlin finished off by saying "we decided the fans should be the 6th man."

Let me see if i can answer all of these questions:

First, the show, beginning next week, will be on Monday's through the rest of the season. Walkons 7-8pm.

And, no.I can't ever remember as good a staff as we have right now. KJ has been a head coach at a Divsion I school. Neil Hardin is a brilliant basketball mind. And Nikita is a very good recruiter.

As far as the show is concerned, we talked (one last time) about the incident at WKU. No new news there. He reiterated he felt we should have won the game against MT, although he acknowledged Kermit's team plays really good D. (Those two teams guard better than anyone in the league.)

He said USA is really good inside, with Rubit and Carter. Carter is a kid they recruited at Sam before he signed with South. They've had some guard issues after their best guard was hurt and lost for the season.

FIU is very, very talented. They've been very, very inconsistent. But they have as much talent as anyone in the league.

After the show, he told me Darshawn was hurt at the end of practice Monday. They were really concerned at first by the way he reacted. It was probably a hyperextension. He's sore and could be somewhat limited on Thursday, but they expect him to play.

Also, I can say it now because school has started. Former Morgan City C Shawn Long has transferred to UL from Mississippi State.

10. Default Re: Bob Marlin is the best

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Former Morgan City C Shawn Long has transferred to UL from Mississippi State.
    Sweet

When will he be eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    When will he be eligible?
    Right now, it will be after the first semester next season. However, they've applied for a waiver to make him eligible right away. if it's granted, they'll redshirt him and he'll play at the beginning of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coach Marlin finished off by saying "we decided the fans should be the 6th man."
    That's what I said earlier. Call the student section the "6th Man". Forget about any other name we have for them. Our fans will make the difference in our home games. This fits perfectly with what happened to us. The whole country knows about it. When we call it the "6th Man", everyone will know it is LOUISIANA.

Many student sections are known as the 6th man already(5 on the court plus the fans.) 7th man would definitely be unique though.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Many student sections are known as the 6th man already(5 on the court plus the fans.) 7th man would definitely be unique though.
    Except that we now have notoriety with our 6th Man given what happened at WKU. It is classic and a perfect fit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information