Thread: Jonathan Lucroy seeks encore campaign

1. UL Baseball Jonathan Lucroy seeks encore campaign

Jonathan Lucroy remembers well his first collegiate at-bat.

A Saturday afternoon, second game of last season, Louisiana Tech in the other Moore Field dugout and Louisiana comfortably ahead 8-1 in the seventh inning. Lucroy came up to pinch hit.

"They (Tech) had a soft-throwing lefthander in there, which I love," said Lucroy, who had been projected as one of the squad's new offensive forces. "As soon as I get in the (on-deck) circle, here comes a submarining right-hander."

His first contact as a collegiate hitter nubbed off the bat and went about four feet, with the catcher throwing him out to end the inning.

"It was a little tough at the time," he said, "but it didn't bother me that much. I got my chances again."

And how. Lucroy became the Ragin' Cajuns' regular designated hitter less than one-third of the way into the season, turned into UL's most consistent hitter and finished his freshman season on Louisville Slugger's Freshman All-America team.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Jonathan Lucroy seeks encore campaign

Can't wait to see Jonathan light it up this year.

Hey Mom and Pop Lucroy, if you are reading this post, call me before the first game so I can finally meet you.

Thread Information