Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Schedule the Big 10

Default Schedule the Big 10

After watching all of these bowl games I think we need to try to schedule Big10 teams for our money games. These teams are beatable.

Default Re: Schedule the Big 10

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    After watching all of these bowl games I think we need to try to schedule Big10 teams for our money games. These teams are beatable.
    Big East and ACC teams are also beatable. As far as the Big 10 is concerned, we played a very close game at Illinois in 2008. We lost that game due to the having too many turnovers. I had hoped to play Illinois in the NO Bowl in order to repay them and to have an opportunity to beat a school from a BCS league. In all likelihood, San Diego State was better than the Illini however. Yes, playing schools from the Big 10 may be a good move. Unfortunately they don't pay what the Big X11 and SEC schools do.

I have been clamoring for us to play Northwestern for years...they have been recruiting in Louisiana for years...it should be a win win. We played Minnesota a bunch of times in the late Baldwin, early Bustle years. I would like to schedule Indiana as they are so so beatable...just ask North Texas. Illinois was a good game. Outside of those 4 teams...we don't measure up to their talent level. College football is cyclical...the Big Ten was up, is now down, and will be up again. SEC fans should mind their tongue's, they should be on the down cycle soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I have been clamoring for us to play Northwestern for years...they have been recruiting in Louisiana for years...it should be a win win. We played Minnesota a bunch of times in the late Baldwin, early Bustle years. I would like to schedule Indiana as they are so so beatable...just ask North Texas. Illinois was a good game. Outside of those 4 teams...we don't measure up to their talent level. College football is cyclical...the Big Ten was up, is now down, and will be up again. SEC fans should mind their tongue's, they should be on the down cycle soon.
    I think there are a lot of mediocre teams in the Big10. Their BCS representative, Michigan, would not be in the top half of the SEC. That QB they have is awful. What a rag arm! As for the SEC, only the NCAA can stop them(they won't). I fully expect the gap b/t the SEC and the Big10/ACC to widen over the next few years.

The Big 10 doesn't want any part of the Ragin Cajuns!!! LOL!!

I think there are a lot of mediocre teams in the Big10. Their BCS representative, Michigan, would not be in the top half of the SEC. That QB they have is awful. What a rag arm! As for the SEC, only the NCAA can stop them(they won't). I fully expect the gap b/t the SEC and the Big10/ACC to widen over the next few years.
    That's pretty much correct but Michigan is bringing in a top 5 class, and already has a commit from a 2013 QB who will possibly be a 5 star pocket passer to implement the pro style offense. With the downturn in Ohio State they have a real chance to get back to National Prominence. We will know how they stack up against the SEC in Dallas next year...they play Bama.

That's pretty much correct but Michigan is bringing in a top 5 class, and already has a commit from a 2013 QB who will possibly be a 5 star pocket passer to implement the pro style offense. With the downturn in Ohio State they have a real chance to get back to National Prominence. We will know how they stack up against the SEC in Dallas next year...they play Bama.
    How long do you expect that "downturn" at Ohio State to really last? I know some folks don't like Meyer but save his last year at Florida the guy has never had a season where his winning percentage is below 70%.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    How long do you expect that "downturn" at Ohio State to really last? I know some folks don't like Meyer but save his last year at Florida the guy has never had a season where his winning percentage is below 70%.
    It all depends on how much the bowl ban affects recruiting. From what I hear he made a lot of promises that will not come true. Namely promises about lack of NCAA sanctions. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.

It all depends on how much the bowl ban affects recruiting. From what I hear he made a lot of promises that will not come true. Namely promises about lack of NCAA sanctions. It will be interesting to see what happens next year.
    It definitely will be. I think they'll have it rough next year. But the top level of the Big10 should also be slightly less competitive being that Penn State's downtown will be greater than what most have probably seen in a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    It definitely will be. I think they'll have it rough next year. But the top level of the Big10 should also be slightly less competitive being that Penn State's downtown will be greater than what most have probably seen in a good while.
    I forgot about that...seems like it will be Wisconsin and Michigan's time to shine.

I forgot about that...seems like it will be Wisconsin and Michigan's time to shine.
    I'm actually anxious to see Wisconsin next year. Lot's of seniors on this years squad that they're losing. They're losing they're starting QB, WR, TE, RT, RG, and possibly RB if Ball declares on offense.
    And starting DE, DT, LB, CB, and FS on defense.

Why travel all the way up there to play Big10 teams? There are plenty SEC and Big12 teams that are just as beatable...Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas Tech.

Basing that off one game? Robinson had a terrible game last night, but to say he's awful is a bit of a stretch. There's a lot of teams in the country who'd love to have a QB that awful. His first year in a new offense and he had some hiccups. I predict he'll get some Heisman love next year early in the season, then it'll be up to him to keep that Heisman love going.

As for scheduling Big 10 teams, it MAY seem to be a more attractive option, but it's not a better option. The travel would eat into a chunk of that payout, and would limit the Cajun fan base from being able to attend those games. Sun Belt is 1-16 against the Big 10 with the average margin of victory being 23 points.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch24 View Post
    Basing that off one game? Robinson had a terrible game last night, but to say he's awful is a bit of a stretch. There's a lot of teams in the country who'd love to have a QB that awful. His first year in a new offense and he had some hiccups. I predict he'll get some Heisman love next year early in the season, then it'll be up to him to keep that Heisman love going.

As for scheduling Big 10 teams, it MAY seem to be a more attractive option, but it's not a better option. The travel would eat into a chunk of that payout, and would limit the Cajun fan base from being able to attend those games. Sun Belt is 1-16 against the Big 10 with the average margin of victory being 23 points.
    South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas State, Nebraska (before the switch)... were not travel costly and limiting with Cajun fan attendance??? What the SBC "has done"... compared to what the new and improved Cajuns are going to do... makes that 1-16 irrelevant. Scheduling the Big 10 occasionally is not a bad idea. The payout wouldn't be as high... but the wins... and they are very achievable... would be worth the resume bump. We'd even get some home and home options.

You must not have been a proponent of UL being in the WAC. ... talk about a travel nightmare... in all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas State, Nebraska (before the switch)... were not travel costly and limiting with Cajun fan attendance??? What the SBC "has done"... compared to what the new and improved Cajuns are going to do... makes that 1-16 irrelevant. Scheduling the Big 10 occasionally is not a bad idea. The payout wouldn't be as high... but the wins... and they are very achievable... would be worth the resume bump. We'd even get some home and home options.

You must not have been a proponent of UL being in the WAC. ... talk about a travel nightmare... in all sports.
    Nope, definitely against UL being in the WAC. Not cost-efficient. The Sun Belt is fine (as soon as Denver is completely gone). ALL of those instances you cited are MUCH closer than a road trip to Wisconsin, Northwestern or Illinois. You can drive to Gainesville (hell, I've done it twice). You could even drive to Knoxville. You wouldn't drive to Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Penn State, Ohio State or any other Big 10 team.

Obviously, the optimal thing would be rotating between LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and maybe another SEC team (Mississippi State, Arkansas, Florida?). A non-conference game against a BCS AQ conference is what it is. It's still going to be tough to beat them. If it wasn't, the Cajuns would have more than two wins in its history against those teams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information