Thread: Coach Marlin said . . .

1. Default Coach Marlin said . . .

Coach Marlin said (Walk Ons Radio Show) the team was able to practice in the CajunDome a couple times just before UL's last home victory.

Does anyone know if they are getting the same luxury leading up to Saturdays contest?

I think practicing in the dome helps Perez with his depth perception. . . . is why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Coach Marlin said (Walk Ons Radio Show) the team was able to practice in the CajunDome a couple times just before UL's last home victory.

Does anyone know if they are getting the same luxury leading up to Saturdays contest?

I think practicing in the dome helps Perez with his depth perception. . . . is why I ask.
    I had the fortune of playing a pickup game on the Cajun dome floor in college. (knew one of the managers). How these guys make any shots is beyond me, very hard to judge the distance. Of course they are actually good players so there's that.

Default Re: Coach Marlin said . . .

I've played on it in the LHSAA top 28. It is definitely something you have to adjust to. You wouldn't realize it but having that gym wall behind the goal makes a world of difference then shooting in a big open space like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ULshooter2491 View Post
    I've played on it in the LHSAA top 28. It is definitely something you have to adjust to. You wouldn't realize it but having that gym wall behind the goal makes a world of difference then shooting in a big open space like that.
    Especially since they practice in tight quarters at the indoor facility. That place is REALLY small. It's got to be a huge change from where they practice to the Cajundome.

Quote Originally Posted by ULshooter2491 View Post
    When we played in the top 28, it was still held in Maravich center but we did play twice in exhibition games in cajundome before the playoffs and I can tell you, the cajundome is much harder to play in than the Maravich center. Depth perception is tough and the floor is very spongy which helps in jumping and such but is hard to get used to.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Especially since they practice in tight quarters at the indoor facility. That place is REALLY small. It's got to be a huge change from where they practice to the Cajundome.
    It may be the smallest full court practice box in the country.

They had to cut the court to fit it inside.

Depth perception is tough in the cajundome, gyms in the conference with dark colored seating and soft rims, Western, North Texas, UALR,

Thread Information