Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bustle Hired as USM OC

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Bustle Hired as USM OC

Oh yeah. High five coach best of Luck until we punch you in the face that is.on the field of course

2. Default Re: Bustle Hired as USM OC

Now let's talk about this----He is like every other coach in the state (Louisiana) obviously----Yes and even though he is in the state of Mississippi----He is like all the coachers of Louisiana schools---I pull against them---and yes they are our enemies---Think you read the wrong interpretation into it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    http://www.clarionledger.com/article.Eagles-offense

Veteran Bustle will lead Eagles offense
    6:39 PM, Dec. 24, 2011

HONOLULU — Newly hired Southern Miss offensive coordinator Rickey Bustle said he planned to watch the Golden Eagles closely on TV during Saturday night's Sheraton Hawaii Bowl.

The former Louisiana-Lafayette head coach wanted to see what talent he will have to work with next season.

"I'll kind of put a blinder on for (quarterback Austin Davis)," Bustle said.

Davis won't be available in 2012, but Bustle has been told he'll have plenty of talent in the backfield.

Bustle said Saturday during a phone interview he plans to implement an offensive system that's not much different than the one outgoing coach
    Larry Fedora has used over the last four years, breaking most of USM's offensive records.

"We want to put an up-tempo offense on the field and change speeds, keep it spread out, and sometimes not," Bustle said. "We want to keep people guessing. We're all coming from different backgrounds a little bit. There's more than one way to run what they call a spread offense. We really want to sit down and look at a lot of film and look at what they're best at. We'll start at square one. We'll carry over some things. We'll add some things. It will be a building process this spring."

Bustle spent the 2011 season as the quarterbacks coach at Tulane after serving nine years as the ULL coach.

Bustle had two stints as offensive coordinator at Virginia Tech, running the Hokies' offense in 1993 and 1995-2001.

He also served as offensive coordinator at South Carolina in 1994 and Louisiana-Monroe in 1986.

Bustle said he has plenty of respect for USM football and new coach Ellis Johnson, and those are the main reasons he accepted the job to come to Hattiesburg.

"First of all, I know Ellis and I know what kind of coach and person he is," Bustle said. "I've known him and I'm also from the South Carolina area. We coached against each other and I've always had the greatest respect for Ellis and what he's done. I think the people he's also talking about hiring will be great additions to the staff."

Outgoing USM offensive coordinator Blake Anderson served on Bustle's staff at ULL in 2007.

Bustle said he plans on picking Anderson's brain on what to expect from the returning players at Southern Miss.
    I'm sorry guys, but where Bustle is being quoted on his offensive philosophy he takes about 6 sentences to say absolutely nothing. I hate to make that observation & hurt people's feelings because I know everybody loves Ricky. But he didn't say jack crap about football. Is there any way we can schedule USM in the next couple of years? The ONLY thing he said that made sense was we want to keep people guessing. I don't have enough bread crumbs to get home Grettle.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'm sorry guys, but where Bustle is being quoted on his offensive philosophy he takes about 6 sentences to say absolutely nothing. I hate to make that observation & hurt people's feelings because I know everybody loves Ricky. But he didn't say jack crap about football. Is there any way we can schedule USM in the next couple of years? The ONLY thing he said that made sense was we want to keep people guessing. I don't have enough bread crumbs to get home Grettle.
    Which is why after so many years of crumbs I was blown away when Hud explained the walking distance value of the no huddle.

5. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Bustle Hired as USM OC

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Now let's talk about this----He is like every other coach in the state (Louisiana) obviously----Yes and even though he is in the state of Mississippi----He is like all the coachers of Louisiana schools---I pull against them---and yes they are our enemies---Think you read the wrong interpretation into it!!!!
    Boomer, I am in your boat. Yea, I am happy Ricky got a good job. Now he is in Mississippi, and recruits Louisiana, and Mississippi where we also want to do well. So good luck Ricky and I hope we get the recruits you covet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    What he meant to say was this, " I'm gonna find the biggest stud on the team, make hime my QB and we're gonna run some good ole zone read option. We will sprinkle in 10 or so passes a game to keep the defense guessing though".

7. Default Re: Bustle Hired as USM OC

And "I won't play my best QB ---just like when I was at UL" ----Wait VOB told him that G-Chay couldn't play---I'll always kid you about that!!!

8. Default Tulane quarterbacks coach takes offensive coordinator position at University of

During his tenure with the Cajuns, he led the team to its first Sun Belt Conference title in 2005 and ULL was bowl eligible four times (2005, 2006, 2008, 2009). Bustle joins newly named Golden Eagles coach Ellis Johnson. Johnson replaced Larry .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information