Thread: Gautier, Green named to All-Louisiana team

1. Default Gautier, Green named to All-Louisiana team

Ragin' Cajuns quarterback Blaine Gautier and tight end LaDarius Green were both named to the All-Louisiana first offensive team, with Gautier taking home offensive player of the year honors. Cajuns taking home second team honors included OL ...

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Gautier, Green named to All-Louisiana team

Just can't understand Lesser being the COY.... Yea yea yea.. I understand he is undefeated and all that.... He has a team that everyone knew was going to be loaded.... Which is why he turned down the Michigan gig.... He has shown a remarkable lack of control over his players and I'm not sure that Baldwin would not be undefeated with his talent...

Then you have Hud taking a team that some thought was the worst team in all of college football to a 9 win season and a memorable bowl win.....

Guess the voters got free tickets to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Just can't understand Lesser being the COY.... Yea yea yea.. I understand he is undefeated and all that.... He has a team that everyone knew was going to be loaded.... Which is why he turned down the Michigan gig.... He has shown a remarkable lack of control over his players and I'm not sure that Baldwin would not be undefeated with his talent...

Then you have Hud taking a team that some thought was the worst team in all of college football to a 9 win season and a memorable bowl win.....

He's only a finalist in the LM COY award. The article should have been clearer about that.

If you can't understand why the LSWA would select the national COY as the La COY, perhaps you're blinded by your Hate for LaState. In reality, Hud, Les, and Dykes from La Tech were all worthy candidates and deserved consideration.

5. Default Re: Gautier, Green named to All-Louisiana team

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Inside View Post
    If you can't understand why the LSWA would select the national COY as the La COY, perhaps you're blinded by your Hate for LaState. In reality, Hud, Les, and Dykes from La Tech were all worthy candidates and deserved consideration.
    Miles gets credit for assembling the team, and thus is coach of the year. In reality that should make him coach of the last 4 years but awarded this year.

The thing I am sure you understand (without thinnking it is based on hate) is that often coach of the year is awarded to coach who brings his team from nowhere (low expectations) into the lime light with high results.

Different people have different thoughts when it comes to Coach of the Year.

In all of my time putting together or voting for all-area, all-state and all-America teams, I always went with the coaches who took a team beyond preseason expectations or overcame tremendous obstacles. Others always pick the coach of the top-ranked team. To each his or her own.

Similar issues come up when voting for all-area, all-state and all-America teams. Some focus mostly on stats. Others look at stats, quality of competition, amount of team success and/or potential at the next level. I think stats should be the main factor.

Lets not get carried away now, Baldwin would be 1-11 with LSU's talent. All joking aside though, I don't think that Miles is COY, but I don't think hes a bad coach. I don't think he's at the level of Saban, Meyer, Stoops, or Mack Brown, but he is still a good coach. With that said, if for nothing else, Hud should win on the basis that people said that this team had worst team in FBS level talent only to win 9 games and in the course of that beat 2 8 win teams. Once he starts getting the talent he wants in, it will be scary.

8. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Gautier, Green named to All-Louisiana team

Les Miles never lost to ULM while at an LSU, he did lose to LTU while ranked 18 at OSU. Saban a great coach, but Les has done more with LSU than Saban did. Les has a pretty good record in direct competition against Saban.

Stoops not an elite coach any more, Mac Brown never an elite coach. You want to talk about failure to launch it is OK, and Texas with more talent, we are told, than any place in the good old USA.

I am fine with Hud if you want a guy who over acheived by a bunch, and Freize as well. Right now LSU has overachived by a lot, considering how many top ten, and twenty five teams they have defeated.

Bottom line it is all opinion and everyone has one or several.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Right now LSU has overachived by a lot, considering how many top ten, and twenty five teams they have defeated.
    I agree with your thoughts on Les Miles.

And yes they did beat teams ranked above them to start the season. However when you are ranked 4th and the teams you beat were 2nd and 3rd, the preseason polls are saying they should have gone 10-2.

2nd, 3rd, 4th is within a certain margin of error, so I can't say over achieved by a lot. But they did exceed expectations.

Thread Information