Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst . 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 . LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LATechDawgs View Post
    Sorry, you got bad information on Tech.

Our allotment of 3000 was sold.
    You sold your allotment, I have no doubt.

The way these things work is they ask a school how many can they guarantee and they allot them that number. If they sell out they can ask for more.

In the New Orleans Bowl, UL's first allotment was 9,000. . . then there was a second allotment.

2. Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You sold your allotment, I have no doubt.

The way these things work is they ask a school how many can they guarantee and they allot them that number. If they sell out they can ask for more.

In the New Orleans Bowl, UL's first allotment was 9,000. . . then there was a second allotment.
    Right. I think in our case TCU was 5000, Tech was 3000 on the initial allotments.

We had many people on top of the allotment who couldn't make it but just wanted to buy tickets instead to donate, but once the allotment was gone, they were instead advised that a donation to LTAC would be more beneficial. Apparently, we had no benefit from selling tickets above the allotment, which I found strange

3. Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

I really think the New Orleans Bowl was brilliant by allowing a revenue split on the 2nd allotment.

For one it kept the university involved which in turn kept up fan interest in the weeks leading up to the bowl.

4. Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Charles Lancaster.ex ulhouse of repwanted Ul vs mlss sothern to play every Year in the dome.time to do it is Now

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Charles Lancaster.ex ulhouse of repwanted Ul vs mlss sothern to play every Year in the dome.time to do it is Now
    If we end up in CUSA, I think this would be a great idea, turn it into a bit of a rivalry game with the "home" team switching every other year.

Default Re: 9 wins. New Orleans Bowl Champs. Whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The reason I am not sure about setting a new record has nothing to do with the popularity of the program. I thought I heard that when one of the later games this year sold out and they actually quit selling tickets instead of selling over SRO tickets like they did when Southern came to town. I was thinking it could have been related to fire codes, but I was only guessing.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Considering we didn't even sell out one home game this year, I call BS on what you heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    Considering we didn't even sell out one home game this year, I call BS on what you heard.
    Homecoming vs North Texas, 32K plus

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Homecoming vs North Texas, 32K plus
    What he said. Whether it was true or not, I do not know, but that is what I heard.

Next.

10 wins, Sunbelt Champs, Top 25.

There's always room for improvement!

Next year we will be top 20

11. Default Re: 9 wins. New Orleans Bowl Champs. Whats next?

Next year Louisiana beats Oklahoma State.

Next year UL has the senior stud QB and OSU has the new starting quarterback.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LATechDawgs View Post
    Right. I think in our case TCU was 5000, Tech was 3000 on the initial allotments.

We had many people on top of the allotment who couldn't make it but just wanted to buy tickets instead to donate, but once the allotment was gone, they were instead advised that a donation to LTAC would be more beneficial. Apparently, we had no benefit from selling tickets above the allotment, which I found strange
    Tech I guess had expenses of400-500k.sold tickets of 90k------400k loss Stay out West.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Tech I guess had expenses of400-500k.sold tickets of 90k------400k loss Stay out West.
    In their defense, the conference will probably eat 50% of that cost.so, only a 200k loss, then amongst the other teams. Regardless, as we know, this is a winning proposition.

Watching the Hawaii Bowl, if they announce more than a couple thousand in attendance, they are lying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Source View Post
    Watching the Hawaii Bowl, if they announce more than a couple thousand in attendance, they are lying.
    I'm sure Southern Miss Fans are thrilled with their coaches decision to send them there instead of Dallas.

Page 78 of 88 FirstFirst . 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 . LastLast

Thread Information