Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 . LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

I know it would be a little difficult and nothing would be "official" but it would be interesting to list out how many tickets that each team sold.

I read that FIU sold 4,500 tickets and Marshall about 3,750.

Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The LSU administration is going forward with a joint program with UL for a 3 year medical program at UL. How good is that? I think under Dr. S, who has great relations with all of the university presidents, the ice is melting and there will be more cooperation in academic and athletic matters. The people who actually attended LSU seem to get it. It appears to be the ones who didn't attend but support LSU who don't have a concept about other universities and think LSU is the one and only and that is where most of the problems lie. Improving our relationship with LSU will only help UL in the long run. Just maybe its time to put the past behind us with regards LSU and look to a more promising future.
    Amen, HC!

Default Re: Chad Millman Blog - ESPN

I disagree with the guy when he said SDSU was more athletic than the Cajuns. What I witnessed Saturday did not bear that out, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I disagree with the guy when he said SDSU was more athletic than the Cajuns. What I witnessed Saturday did not bear that out, imo.
    We seemed to have more team speed at WR and along line. Stopped their running game with speed. Gave up some pass rush to do it and we paid for it in backfield but Coach committed to stopping their running attack. And we did. Forced them into passing more and we generally kept that in front of our DBs. But, man, they were a load on O line. That was one big team.

Their corners were touted as the best in the Mountain Westjust shows that from one part of the country to the other, perceptions are based on what folks have "heard." This guy had no clue as to why he was saying SDSU was more athletic. We lowly Louisiana swampbillies are better than west coast and Conn. experts say wey are. Let's see if the Necksters prove me right tonight (slap me silly for saying that). If what he says is true, the more athletic team seemed to be left in its tracks more often than the less athletic 570 yard team which tells me the one classifying the teams hasn't a single clue.

I was going to start a new thread but this one seems to be close to my thoughts for the day. I read in the Wall Street Journal this morning December 21st, and this is a quote, "The number of Hawaii Bowl Tickets that Nevada has sold through phone sales" is 10! Traveling to Hawaii for a game on Christmas eve I'm sure makes it a hard sell but, that is horrible. I know for a fact they could have sold 4 tickes to this household alone if UL had been invited.

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They will try but if UL keeps winning kids will grow up with UL on their radar, then anything can happen.

So it's not just LSU doing good, UL has to do the same.
    I agree with ya'll.Just saying it is a good thing our state retains most of it's elite talent.

Default Re: Cox4 to replay New Orleans Bowl on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Is Cox4 available on LUS fiber?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Espnu right now I believe
    Yep.just watched it on ESPNU.which is my 3rd viewing since watching the real thing. I will watch my DVR tape of the game at 3:00 on Friday.as Jay replays the radio broadcast. That's gonna be sweet.

10. Default Re: Noteable Bowl Season Statistics

La.-Lafayette receiver Javone Lawson established career-highs with 9 receptions, 193 yards and 2 TDs in a 32-30 win over San Diego State in the New Orleans.

Dude, thats 21 yards per catch!! That game has some gaudy passing stats.

I don't see it on the schedule yet. May not have been put up though

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    Is Cox4 available on LUS fiber?
    No.

very obvious this guy didn't see the game or know anything about us. We were definitley more 'athletic'. If the two teams held a track meet, we'd kick their butts! (my definition of 'athletic').

What no one acknowledges, we were down to the 5 yd line 3 times in the game and came away with 6 pts! If we play that team again, I think we win by double digits.

Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The LSU administration is going forward with a joint program with UL for a 3 year medical program at UL. How good is that? I think under Dr. S, who has great relations with all of the university presidents, the ice is melting and there will be more cooperation in academic and athletic matters. The people who actually attended LSU seem to get it. It appears to be the ones who didn't attend but support LSU who don't have a concept about other universities and think LSU is the one and only and that is where most of the problems lie. Improving our relationship with LSU will only help UL in the long run. Just maybe its time to put the past behind us with regards LSU and look to a more promising future.
    I agree with what you say. But I also agree with what Ronald Reagan said, "Trust, But Verify"!!!!!!!!!!!!

"through phone sales" this isn't there first bowl, they probably do everything online, they will travel pretty well

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst . 60 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 80 . LastLast

Thread Information