Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst . 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 . LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: ESPN: The UL_Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I have always thought quite the opposite.

What they call you when you win etches gray matter into granite.
    I agreed 100%. It hard to get a point across here when you have miniature mob mentality cliques on here.

Default Re: ESPN: The UL_Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

ESPN shouldn't market themselves as the "leader in sports" if they can't even get the name of one of the teams they are broadcasting correct!

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Our goal should be higher,Civil. We should be getting ALL the kids in state that are now going to mid tier SEC and Big 12 schools; and USM and Tulsa should be fighting ULM,Tulane and Tech for the kids we don't want.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Cajun View Post
    Pretty good discussion. If LSU doesn't take the 7 out of the top 10 recruits in the State every year, then Florida, Alabama, USC and other powerhouses will.
    They will try but if UL keeps winning kids will grow up with UL on their radar, then anything can happen.

So it's not just LSU doing good, UL has to do the same.

5. Default Re: Another letter to the Times-Piq

Here was mine. I doubt it will get printed, but it had to be said.

Dear Editor,

Your newspaper has become an embarrassment to the area, or at least your sports section has. Less than one week ago, the city hosted one of 3 bowl games that New Orleans will have, the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl. During this event the city benefited from people from all over the state and all over the nation converging on your fair city to view probably the most entertaining bowl game of the season, at least the most entertaining of the day. Yet, you had a story on page C-11 of the sports section covering this. The University of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns defeated San Diego State University Aztecs 32-30. How can the largest paper in the state not cover a team from the state, in the New Orleans Bowl, with more than a small story on page 11.

I refuse to read your rag any longer due to this, and I know for a fact that there are many alumni of UL in New Orleans who feel the same way. So considering the amount of subscriptions have continued to dwindle for newspapers around the country and unless you are different than 90% of the newspapers in the country, maybe you can afford to lose a large customer base. Good luck with that!

Geaux Cajuns and Geaux R&L Carriers and Geaux City of New Orleans for hosting such a great event, and by the way just Geaux Away Times Picayune.

Default Re: My favorite part of the New Orleans bowl

For three days I wore my Cajun gear in the city and it was awesome!!! I've always been proud to wear it over the years, good days / bad days, the only one in the office on wearing it week after week, etc, but this weekend seeing the quarter in red right along side just really got to me!! Oh yeahthe game was the icing on the cake!!

Default Re: My favorite part of the New Orleans bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Anyway, as I was leaving, a girl (around 11 years old) came up and gave me a high five, and a little boy (about 7) came up as well and gave me a high five with their parents. The little boy asked me if I were a UL football player and I told him that I wasn't good enough to be a player for UL. What the little boy said next absolutely made my night worth every minute. The little boy told me "I want to grow up to be a UL Football Player". I talked to him a few minutes more and told him that if he worked really hard he could one day be a UL Football player. It was incredibly rewarding to see a child so excited about UL football. Its so exciting for all of us, but to see someone that young so excited about UL football was incredibly rewarding. This is the best time to be a Ragin Cajun. Our future is so bright!
    Had a conversation with a friend. that went along the lines of "What does this mean to the University". after the glow fades and we get back to life

Several ideas came out. better recruiting. more fund raising etc etc But the idea that maybe this has created a new culture of Cajun Fans. The kid in the post above. "I want to grow up to be a Ragin Cajun football player". Kids running up and down the hills at Cajun Field. memories of having fun at games and not being crunched into seats with 93,000 drunken idiots maybe they will grow and say I had FUN at Cajun games. THATS where I want to go

Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

Yes good post It said what i have been saying for years. Lafayette is exploding (my term has been a Sleeping Giant) and there is no reason why we cannot be a viable successful mid-major On par with the So Miss's of the world

I think when national heads talk about too many bowls and meaningless bowl games they forget something.

When you win a bowl game, your fans are every bit as happy as the fans who leave the stadium after winning the national championship.

The stakes may not be as high, but the euphoria is.

10. Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

Well as one who has never been the guy who can find the diamond in the rough---------I thought that Go-Chay stood out from the very beginning-----First time I saw him bootleg in a misdirection play I think in a Spring scrimmage I thought he could be special ---then his gun arm---then his touch throws----then his wheels---then the thing I didn't know----He is one tough dude!!!!! hey VOB where are you man????? LOL--------- Sorry I missed the family at the game Skye said the clan was impressive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I think when national heads talk about too many bowls and meaningless bowl games they forget something.

When you win a bowl game, your fans are every bit as happy as the fans who leave the stadium after winning the national championship.

The stakes may not be as high, but the euphoria is.
    Well said!!!

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Yes good post It said what i have been saying for years. Lafayette is exploding (my term has been a Sleeping Giant) and there is no reason why we cannot be a viable successful mid-major On par with the So Miss's of the world
    But if you limit the phrase to "Lafayette" (avoid at all costs) Louisiana will never explode to its full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    There's something wonderful and pure about a fan base that hasn't been jaded yet. One that's suffered for years in the desert, only to finally devour a Ritz cracker, as if it were a Ruth Chris' ribeye.

http://www.wafb.com/story/16355240/j.et-their-taste
    Great article from Jacques Doucet. If he would only see the light and support his alma mater instead of bow down to LSU!

GEAUX UL!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Whoa there.

Back it up BOP.

We experienced euphoria because, to us, it was euphoric simply because we have never been there.

To 90% of the bowl winners, a bowl win is just another win. Don't get me wrong. They're happy, but nowhere near the level of happiness a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP will induce.

Quote Originally Posted by rgncjn12 View Post
    Great article from Jacques Doucet. If he would only see the light and support his alma mater instead of bow down to LSU!
    GEAUX UL!

No my friend, Jacques is a Cajun to the core. Have you ever talked with him from time to time? You would be suprised how much he loves the Cajuns. The man has a job to do here in Baton Rouge, unfortunately that is to promote and cover a certain school. Over all, I have never met a more well informed "sports head". By the way, Jacques loved Coach HUD and "Da Juice" from day one.

Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst . 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 . LastLast

Thread Information