Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

1. Default Baer ponders makes, misses

"I definitely have to work on them," he said of the extra points. "That's for sure." Before Baer made his 50-yarder, the Ragin' Cajuns caught a break. San Diego State was penalized five yards for what referee Randy Christal called "stemming .

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mkchang View Post
    Good game guys, here are pictures from the game:

http://mkchang.photoshelter.com/gall.000_plRl2bSO3o

Enjoy!
    Michael Chang
    Nice photos. Thanks.

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Awesome. Hope those guys get to enjoy their game as much as our kids enjoyed theirs.

Default Re: ONE Aztec take

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    Even the announcers voiced some surprise on the first no PI call in the endzone to Green.then on the second Berlin agreed that the refs should let the players playmy response to that is if you are going to let them play, be consistent. Ill agree that 3the of the 5 PI calls against us were good calls after seeing replays, but 2 were just down right questionable calls.but hey, we got the W fair and square, and oh how sweet it is! Kudos to the Aztecs, they capitalized on all of our miscues.
    Later on the subsequent SDSU drive when we were flagged on close calls that kept their drive alive one of the announcers (the play by play guy) brought up the no calls and commented that Cajun fans would probaly ask where was that call in the end zone.

Default Re: Gulf Breeze grad McGuire revels in victory

Man, that writer's mug looks familiar!

Brad McGuire has been one of the most unselfish players on this team! He could easily have transferred after Bustle in explicitly and unceremoniously took the starting job away from him. Most others would have. but Brad stayed the course and responded whenever he was called upon.

Thanks for all your contributions to the success of this program, Brad!

Now that this subject has been brought up, I did go to the LSU board to see their reaction and the majority on a thread about this game was positve. They were happy for us and thought that it was a good game.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Cool

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Very cool.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mkchang View Post
    Good game guys, here are pictures from the game:

http://mkchang.photoshelter.com/gall.000_plRl2bSO3o

Enjoy!
    Michael Chang
    Thanks for the pics! Are you still playing tennis?

Z

Default USA Today gives us Love, kind of??

Put us on the top of the first page of the sports section, good, then mispelled "Rajin" on page 9C and then in the box scores, shows us playing in the New Mexico Bowl? WTF.
    I feel like a Goober when I re-read my post and find I make mistakes, but come on, this is a big time fish wrap.

Also saw Mikie Mahtook gave us some love on twitter

Default Re: Does anyone have the complete game stats from the NOLA Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When they didn't call pass interference when LG was in the endzone I was thinking, wait they must only call those when the penalty is irrelevant. If Green had some how come down with the catch they would have thrown a flag.

Here you go. New Orleans Bowl Statistics
    Geaux- Cajuns
    Agree with you on the no call on Green.

I thought, overall, this was a very well officiated game. I was aghast at the no call, and also on a hold that wasn't called when Bentley got mugged on one of Hillmans few good runs in the game.

But other than that, I thought those guys were really good.

And, let's face it, it took big onions to make that illegal stemming call. It was the biggest call of the game and they got it right.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    And, let's face it, it took big onions to make that illegal stemming call. It was the biggest call of the game and they got it right.
    I agree. Watching the replay last night, you could see that the defensive lineman did the exact same thing when our FG got taken off the board due to a "false start" earlier in the game! Although it wasn't as obvious as the one at the end, there was no doubt the DL player (may have been the same guy!) jumped causing the OL to move.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30) FINAL

Now that I have been able to sit back and recover, travel home, and watch the dvr of the game all I can say is amazing. The intensity that this team played at Saturday and all year is nothing short of amazing, and coach Hud and his coaching staff is the ones to thank for that. I could see Hud getting after the refs during the game, but after watching the dvr of it his intensity was off the charts. Great win, great trip, now I have to actually think about Christmas shopping

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    I agree. Watching the replay last night, you could see that the defensive lineman did the exact same thing when our FG got taken off the board due to a "false start" earlier in the game! Although it wasn't as obvious as the one at the end, there was no doubt the DL player (may have been the same guy!) jumped causing the OL to move.
    And as much as I was yelling at the refs on the defensive holding call on us on 4th and 2 - the replay on tv showed our guy was hugging him the entire play.

Upon further review, other than the endzone no call on LG, they did well.

Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information