Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    New Mexico Bowl- 25,762

Idaho POtato Bowl- 28,078

New Orleans Bowl- 42,841
    Since the fightin red necks of la tech claim to own shreveport and their bowl game in 2008 had less people than we had in new orleans, does that mean we own the new orleans market?

Default Re: Javone Lawson

Kelley only played a quarter his freshman year so he could get a medical hardship waiver for next year

Default Re: Javone Lawson

Yall don't forget about James Butler. He looked really good his freshman year but missed this season with a knee injury. We will be STACKED at WR next year

Default When do we find out how much money we made off this bowl?

I think I heard that our total expenses were around 300K for this bowl. So how far over that did we make in ticket sales?

5. Default Emotional Game

If you think all of us in the stands went through emotional highs & lows and flip flops during the last few minutes of the game, just take a look at the difference in Blaine Gautier's emotions before and after Baer's game-winning field goal.

BEFORE THE FIELD GOAL

AFTER THE FIELD GOAL

6. Default COLLEGE FOOTBALL: Late FG sinks Aztecs in New Orleans Bowl - Standard-Times

Blaine Gautier drove Louisiana-Lafayette 44 yards to the Aztecs 38 to set up what was initially a 55-yard attempt, but a pre-snap penalty on SDSU for trying to bait the Cajuns into a false start moved the winning kick 5 yards closer. Aztecs .

Default Re: ONE Aztec take

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    He clearly jumped twice trying to draw our offensive linemen offside and rumor has it he was also making noise. It was clearly the correct call. It's just not a call you see made very often.
    Didn't we get called for something like this a couple years ago against Troy on a 4th down that gave them a 1st down and then they scored and won the game?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    Didn't we get called for something like this a couple years ago against Troy on a 4th down that gave them a 1st down and then they scored and won the game?
    Yes, last season at Troy.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Yes, last season at Troy.
    Disconcerting signals

10. Default Late field goal lifts Louisiana-Lafayette in New Orleans Bowl - Bayou Buzz

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Blaine Gautier's record-setting passing and a big clutch kick by Brett Baer gave Louisiana-Lafayette fans the type of thrills they haven't had since Jake Delhomme was the Ragin' Cajuns' quarterback. Baer kicked a 50-yard field goal as .

Default Re: When do we find out how much money we made off this bowl?

Well, UL sold over 18,000 tickets at 42 dollars a pop. Let's say its a 50/50 split on the tix and UL gets 20 bucks per ticket sold. That would mean they would get 360,000 dollars off of ticket sales. But UL will make alot more from excited Cajun fan purchases just before the game and memorabilia after the game. I personally spent 120 bucks at the bookstore Friday morning getting some brand new gear to head to N.O. with. The guy who sat next to me was from Port Barre and told me he'd never seen UL play before. He was decked out head to toe in new UL gear. He couldn't stop smiling the whole game and I could tell that he was hooked. By the time they were handing out the trophy he was asking how to go about getting season tickets next year.

My point is, let's say UL only makes 60 grand profit off tix this game. That's not alot. But you enlarge the fan base and with this win you start opening up pockets that have previously been closed. Season tix sales will go up. RCAF pledge numbers will rise and old pledges will be raised to an even higher dollar amount. UL will make money hand over fist off this New Orleans bowl win.

Default Re: Emotional Game

I still got chills from watching the kick on the replay of the bowl game tonight. Awesome!!!

Default Re: Radio replay?

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    I'm sure they need to chop the game up before they upload it. Jay said they would have it archive it. Assuming that means archived for fans to download it on their site.
    We have the entire game. We'll replay it sometime this week.

We've also got the final call. You'll hear it on the show tomorrow.

Actually, I'M looking forward to hearing it.

Default Re: Am I really the one creating the "OMG THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!" thread?

I would like to thank everyone of you who for all that you have done for our family. Thank you for sharing in my son's graduation and giving him a memory he will never forget. I cant tell you how incredible that experience was. Thank you for embracing him and sharing this great university and your dedication to the football players. So many of you came up to both my husband and I and thanked us for our son, it was you that gave us the gift. He will never forget this experience.

As far as the game goes.wow.

Default Re: ESPN: The UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Quote Originally Posted by Supercajun71 View Post
    UL alum in the hills of Western North Carolina. Watched the game last night.epic win by the cajuns. The ESPN crew, as we all thought, was relentless with UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references. Even with this morning highlights, it was always UL-
    Lafayette. And with basketball on the horizon, its only going to get worse. And after years of trying to get ESPN's attention to the change (as well as AP, USA Today, etc) it may be a good time to change tactics. As ESPN is the world sports
    authority, what they say, normally goes.

Mr. Farmer, T-Joe, University Attorney, and anyone else you can think of.Call ESPN, ask when the production meetings for
    college football will begin this summer, set an appointment.and fly to Bristol, Conn. Make a presentation in person. Don't
    send a fax, or depend on some intern or minimum wage pa to make the determination of the right logo, name,
    and scoreboard sigplease no more LaLaf, LafLa, ULouLaf, etc, ESPN.

Much like any other "brand name" our brand, UL, Louisiana, etc. carries a huge value. Every time our teams are called by the wrong name, the brand becomes less valuable. In essence ESPN is costing the university and the athletic department "brand revenue" by not mentioning our athletic teams with the correct identification. That's why I'm suggesting that the University Attorney be present, to protect the rights of the University and the all important brand of the university.

Here in North Carolina, of course, its always UNC. Unless its of an official University nature, then its UNC-Chapel Hill. Read
    any news item that concerns a UNC student, UNC is only used after UNC-Chapel Hill is used as the location ID. "UNC-Chapel
    Hill student was arrested today after breaking into an atm machine on the UNC campus. UNC security, etc

Now that we have the gravitas of a bowl win, its time to challenge ESPN and how they refer to the University of Louisiana.
    I agree with Supercajun71 1000%.

Does ESPN refer to Long Horns as the University of Texas at Austin or the Crimson Tide as the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa??? The answer is NO!

We are by far the second largest public college in the state and second only to LSU in student population. To give you all a little perspective, our student body is bigger than Mississippi St., Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, Miami, and the same size as the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa also known as the Crimson Tide. We are the Ragin Cajuns and we ARE the University of Louisiana. PERIOD!!!!! It is time to put the regional nonsense to rest. No more ULL or ULaLa or even Lafayette.

We are NOT a regional small college and we haven't been since the old SLI days.

Page 29 of 88 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 39 . LastLast

Thread Information