Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Quote Originally Posted by Supercajun71 View Post
    UL alum in the hills of Western North Carolina. Watched the game last night.epic win by the cajuns. The ESPN crew, as we all thought, was relentless with UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references. Even with this morning highlights, it was always UL-
    Lafayette. And with basketball on the horizon, its only going to get worse. And after years of trying to get ESPN's attention to the change (as well as AP, USA Today, etc) it may be a good time to change tactics. As ESPN is the world sports
    authority, what they say, normally goes.

Mr. Farmer, T-Joe, University Attorney, and anyone else you can think of.Call ESPN, ask when the production meetings for
    college football will begin this summer, set an appointment.and fly to Bristol, Conn. Make a presentation in person. Don't
    send a fax, or depend on some intern or minimum wage pa to make the determination of the right logo, name,
    and scoreboard sigplease no more LaLaf, LafLa, ULouLaf, etc, ESPN.

Much like any other "brand name" our brand, UL, Louisiana, etc. carries a huge value. Every time our teams are called by the wrong name, the brand becomes less valuable. In essence ESPN is costing the university and the athletic department "brand revenue" by not mentioning our athletic teams with the correct identification. That's why I'm suggesting that the University Attorney be present, to protect the rights of the University and the all important brand of the university.

Here in North Carolina, of course, its always UNC. Unless its of an official University nature, then its UNC-Chapel Hill. Read
    any news item that concerns a UNC student, UNC is only used after UNC-Chapel Hill is used as the location ID. "UNC-Chapel
    Hill student was arrested today after breaking into an atm machine on the UNC campus. UNC security, etc

Now that we have the gravitas of a bowl win, its time to challenge ESPN and how they refer to the University of Louisiana.
    This Cajun fan supports this message.

UL Football Did anyone notice

When I sat down in my seat, looking at the field, I was ____ed. Did anybody else notice the tiny logos in the end zones? Manit looked like they were an after thought. I have been to many sugar bowl games and other big college games in the dome over the years, and always the schools logos reached side to side in The end zones. I imagined RAGIN CAJUNS filling the end zone!

Why were the logos so small and poorly painted, again it looked like an after thought. Next time, hope there our admi and athletic dept will make sure this detail is part of the bowl negotiations. I have seen more end zone and field paintings details in high school games. This kind of bugged me all night. Any thoughts?

Thanks coach HUD & staff. I wish I could play again.

Merry Christmas to all !
    USL 1981
    have my two sons @ UL now

Default Re: ESPN: The UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

I couldn't help but notice it also. The Lafayette reference finally got to me and I sent ESPN a comment at half time.

Default Re: ESPN: The UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Idk about going to ESPN and "challenging" how they call us, but there's got to be a more diplomatic and effective way of going about this. It does seem like we took a step backwards yesterday with all the Lafayette references, with the increase in visibility of being in the spotlight.

Of course, we took a tremendous step forward last night as a football program. I'm going to focus on THAT for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCool View Post
    I couldn't help but notice it also. The Lafayette reference finally got to me and I sent ESPN a comment at half time.
    If you had the opportunity to be there and passed on it, you missed a great experience. Oh yeah, The PA announcer referred to us as UL, Ragin Cajuns, Cajuns and the referee called us called us Louisiana all night.

We took care of business on the field, fans were outstanding,it was outsatnding in every aspect.one step at a time. We erased 41 years of disappointment last nite. I know, I was there in 1970. ENJOY IT, the rest will take care of itself, believe me.

Default Am I really the one creating the "OMG THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!" thread?

I'm amazed no one has commented on this game yet. What an exhilarating way to break a 70? year streak!

Watching this game, though, really impressed on me both the immense strengths and weaknesses of the team. We are pretty solid. I think we earned everything we did this year. Coach Hud's doing a great job, and I would be surprised if we don't have at least one conference title by 2013.

But did anyone else notice the center was off all night? It seems Gautier was picking the ball off the ground all night. And 9 penalties? No excuse. (Well, "they were playing dirty too" is kind of a good excuse, but we seemed to get caught while they didn't. How blatant was that pass interference in the second-to-last last touchdown attempt?)

On a better note, how awesome of a punter is Baer? I remember at least 2 drives starting from within the 5. Plus, both teams totalled for over a thousand years, which is just more evidence of how great of a game it was.

Since we're venting about ESPN, I'm gonna take a shot here. I don't know if it was the bowl, the conference, or ESPN, but WHOEVER made the decision to film the Aztec side of the stadium seriously needs to be slapped. Seriously.a new New Orleans bowl record attendance, and the retards at ESPN film the side of the field that makes it look like 14 people showed up. Whoever made that decision really should be reprimanded.

Default Sportscenter

Some of those receptions last night were definately Top Ten worthy. Does anyone know if we made it? Link?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Sportscenter

Yeah surgent's one hander made number 3

WWL Radio: Deke flipped over the weekend and began referring to us as UL or Louisiana. Bobbi. Hebert just can't bring himself to do it - yet.

The awful pre-game band at Champions' Square kept saying "ULL"

I booed, but most people were too excited to care.

Default Re: Radio replay?

Dying to hear it.

Default Re: Am I really the one creating the "OMG THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!" thread?

And that party in the Rouses parking lot was epic. I've never seen that many people drinking INSIDE a grocery store. They couldn't keep filling the beer aisle fast enough.

14. Default Football: Baer Lifts Cajuns to New Orleans Bowl Victory over SDSU

Brett Baer’s 50-yard field goal as time expired lifted Louisiana to a 32-30 victory over San Diego State Saturday evening in the 2011 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in front of a record crowd of 42,841.

Default Re: Did anyone notice

I was surprised by the overall poor condition of the field, not just the logos in the end zone. There was some really nasty looking bare spots in that turf. It was shocking, esp. in comparison to the Field Turf in Cajun Field. Do the Saints actually play on something that crappy? If so, I'm even more impressed by the Saints offense.

Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information