Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst . 72 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 . LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Just think you are wrong. Your estimation would mean that the Dome was about 40% full. That is just plain wrong. Over half of the seats had butts in them. That is at least 36,000.which would represent 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    So based on your numbers, the bottom two levels had a capacity of a out 36K. Of that, I'd say about 28-29K was full (remember that the SDSU side was pretty sparse). The variable is that I could not see the terrace level on the Cajuns side. Based on what I could see on the other side, I would assume there were no more than 2K total in the terrace level. That puts us right around 30K or slightly above.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just saying that there were not 43K butts in the seats that day. But the fact remains that our actual attendance figures would blow away every other bowl (30K vs 5K). So it's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    We got beat tonight by the Detroit Bowl----Far from a packed house ---but said that it was 46K plus---hope to see some photos that would substantiate that!!! Purdue vs Western Michigan!!!!
    Boomer, I watched that bowl game, or at least part of it, and it was the game closest to ours in excitement and attendance. There were two advantages that bowl game had this year over the NO Bowl; (1) both teams were within easy travel distance to the bowl, and (2) it was an AQ against an non-AQ school.

If we had Purdue in our game we probably draw more for us but they definetly would have brought more than SDSU.

Anyway, there crowd looked good BUT, both teams were the same colors (black and gold, kind of Saintsy) they looked NOTHING like our sea of RED! We still have the most impressive looking crowd.

With that being said, the Belk Bowl also had a good crowd and game.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    So based on your numbers, the bottom two levels had a capacity of a out 36K. Of that, I'd say about 28-29K was full (remember that the SDSU side was pretty sparse). The variable is that I could not see the terrace level on the Cajuns side. Based on what I could see on the other side, I would assume there were no more than 2K total in the terrace level. That puts us right around 30K or slightly above.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just saying that there were not 43K butts in the seats that day. But the fact remains that our actual attendance figures would blow away every other bowl (30K vs 5K). So it's a win-win.
    I don't think your numbers are that far off, but you aren't taking into account the number of people in suites & the poeple in clubs. You can bet that just about every single empty seat you saw from one corner of one end zone to the same corner of the opposing end zone had someone there for that seat. A lot of those people were in suites & I would bet many were at various parties around the dome watching on close circuit TV. The same would go for the old lodge level. You have to realize with the way the dome is configured now, it just swallows up people. This may be the reason a stadium like Detroit's could have had the number they showed without it looking like that many on TV.

4. Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    With that being said, the Belk Bowl also had a good crowd and game.
    The Belk Bowl had 58,427 reported attendance. NC State had sold over 24,000 tickets through their ticket office.

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    The Belk Bowl had 58,427 reported attendance. NC State had sold over 24,000 tickets through their ticket office.
    Could someone help me out here. Without googling, does anyone know what a Belk is?

6. Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Could someone help me out here. Without googling, does anyone know what a Belk is?
    Belk Department Stores, a Charlotte-based chain spread across the Atlantic Southeastern states.

A Big elk? Hence, a Belk. Did I get that one right?

(I guess not)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    A Big elk? Hence, a Belk. Did I get that one right?

(I guess not)
    It sounded good to me. They sure had a purty trophy. But that should have been renamed the stupid coaches bowl. I swear those guys were trying to outgoober each other all night long.

Looks like the Holiday Bowl (Texas/Cal) has a great crowd.

Military Bowl 25,042

You know we did GREAT!.the NO BOWL loves LOUISIANA!where it all plays out is OK!.can you imagine playing in the Hawaii Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by gatadotcom View Post
    Belk Department Stores, a Charlotte-based chain spread across the Atlantic Southeastern states.
    I know there is a Belk's in the Mandeville/Covington area, too.

Belk's, Beef O Brady's, where will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    I know there is a Belk's in the Mandeville/Covington area, too.
    I'm just glad it's a store name. I didn't know if it was a type of garden device, cell phone, or some newly cloned piece of fruit. BTW, why has there never been an apple bowl?

I'm just glad it's a store name. I didn't know if it was a type of garden device, cell phone, or some newly cloned piece of fruit. BTW, why has there never been an apple bowl?
    Haha! That's true! I guess because it is not really a "warm weather fruit", like Orange, Peach, Citrus, etc. or a warm weather product like Cotton, Sugar, Rose, etc. Now if they ever want a Sleet, Hail, or Ice bowl, look out Chicago! LOL!

Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst . 72 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 . LastLast

Thread Information