Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 . LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

1. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Cajun attendance alone (all but a few hundred of the 43k) has blown away all bowls total attendance. Half of the ticket distributed for bcs title game went to Alabama. Dome holds 73k. Cajun fans will actually outdraw LSU in the dome. Cajun attendance support (41-42k) will be top 5 easily for any single team at any bowl this year.
    Each team for the BCS was allocated 17k seats. So yes the teams each got 50% of the tickets. That only accounts for less than half the tickets in the the stadium. If you are telling me you believe BAMA will also aquire 50% or more of the other tickets in New Orleans, or the state of Louisiana I think you are simply not right. LSU vs OK huge advantage LSU. You think OK fans did not try to get more than their allocation, LSU vs OSU, same story.

IMO there will hold a 75/25 ratio on the non allocated BCS tickets. So LSU will have the bigger crowd and yes even more fans in the stadium than UL. Just saying we did greaat, but no way will we outdraw state for their national championship game

Default Re: Ticket Sales for bowl games are struggling

Quote Originally Posted by naF nujaC View Post
    According to the link below attendance was 32,630 for the Hawaii Bowl.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda.2/24#box-score
    Just like Tulane had 19,000 for their homecoming game.

Default Re: 9 wins. New Orleans Bowl Champs. Whats next?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    1) Coach & staff remain in tact.
    2) Coaches hit recruiting trail hard & take full advantage of this momentum to lasso in another great recruiting class.
    3) Replace very special senior class that spearheaded this whole 2011 campaign????????????????
    4) Take advantage of other teams in the conference making lateral or downward moves after great seasons ( IE ASU).
    5) Keep upstarts like WKU from beating us ever again.
    6) WIN THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This should always be the number ONE goal.
    Kyle. one thing Cajun T spoke about last week was that even though this was a great win for our program. we are kinda tied up in recruiting. He mentioned that all coaches got calls from players they didn't think we could get. being that we didn't think we could get them we took commits from other players they liked.

I have no doubt it'll work out. keep in mind we started 5 frosh this year

Default Re: Ticket Sales for bowl games are struggling

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I don't know what stories like this are telling you guys, but they are painting a very clear picture for me. I have heard & read people on this site make fun of Wright Waters in the past & I have joined in myself. However, UL's previous disappointments have served to gain the SBC something that it is now in a position to take advantage of. Being the conference nobody wanted with the pretty much little brothers of the big powerhouse schools in the same states & having bowl agreements in locations close to our stomping grounds has given the SBC something many other conferences in college football wish for, but will never have. It gives the SBC stability.

Stability is a fertile breeding ground for young fan bases seeking to grow. What this conference needs is a leader. I have always maintained when others argued that the SBC wasn't "good enough" that UL had to be outright champions at least once to make that claim. Now UL can & in point of fact needs to start to take its rightful role as SBC leaders & show the rest of the country that a pretty mean brand of football can be played in Lafayette as well as anywhere in this country. If you can't have the SEC, & not everyone can, then why not go with the next best thing (SBC) SEC light? This sould give UL a major leg up on outside schools from other conferences trying to take players from our area ( which should rightfully stretch from East Texas across to the Florida panhandle) with a big emphasis on the Acadiana, River parishes, bayou country, & New Orleans. Let's face it. If you get the players with character & talent to go along with great coaching,organization, & dedication then you're gonna win. There is no magic formula. It just takes somebody with enough guts to say WE can do it & it CAN BE DONE HERE. This is what HUD has done. Not only can it be done, but it should be expected annually.

Almost 43,000 people with a school from 1400 miles away. Think about that people. The New Orleans bowl could be the 6th most attended bowl game this year & will almost certainly be in the top 12 of the bowl season. I don't know what this tells you, but it tells me & anyone else with eyes to see, that this could be the start of something very very BIG.
    RACK HIM !!!
    Might be your best post yet Kyle !

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Kyle. one thing Cajun T spoke about last week was that even though this was a great win for our program. we are kinda tied up in recruiting. He mentioned that all coaches got calls from players they didn't think we could get. being that we didn't think we could get them we took commits from other players they liked.

I have no doubt it'll work out. keep in mind we started 5 frosh this year
    This is one of those perks that has a bittersweet side to it. Sometimes you get to go back & get kids you didn't think you would have a chance at & some times a kid you may not think you'd have a chance at could see your team play, get fired up because your S & C coach is a maniac that gets his head busted butting heads & refuses to wipe the side effects off to motivate players. These things work together for the exact effect you want for your program, but the down side is you may have to let a lower level guy go that had all the good character traits you would like, but may not be nearly as good of an athlete. You have to trust the coaches choices in these cases. This is what eventually defines the long term direction & success of your program.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Schedule is much tougher next year. I would be very pleased with 7 regular season wins
    I don't necessarily agree with this. I actually view next year's schedule to be similar to this years. First, we still have 2 OOC games that will be considered money games against teams that we are not expected to beat in Florida and OSU. I think it will be interesting against OSU as they lose a lot of guys from this year's team. Florida is somewhat rebuilding but will certainly still have major talent advantages over us and playing at home. However, we get an FCS team to open up our home schedule and Tulane is going to be similar to the Kent State game except at home. That will be the crucial turn game that can help decide how good our year is. I still think we can go 6-2 or 7-1 in conference next year with the offense we have returning and that is 8 or possibly 9 wins. I think we get to 7 wins minimum and I think this schedule can set up for success given we get a couple of bye weeks in the middle of the season rather than before the very last week like this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with this. I actually view next year's schedule to be similar to this years. First, we still have 2 OOC games that will be considered money games against teams that we are not expected to beat in Florida and OSU. I think it will be interesting against OSU as they lose a lot of guys from this year's team. Florida is somewhat rebuilding but will certainly still have major talent advantages over us and playing at home. However, we get an FCS team to open up our home schedule and Tulane is going to be similar to the Kent State game except at home. That will be the crucial turn game that can help decide how good our year is. I still think we can go 6-2 or 7-1 in conference next year with the offense we have returning and that is 8 or possibly 9 wins. I think we get to 7 wins minimum and I think this schedule can set up for success given we get a couple of bye weeks in the middle of the season rather than before the very last week like this year.
    We will beat Tulane by atleast 2 TDs.
    We will upset, or come close to upsetting Florida or OK St.
    We will win the Sunbelt conference.

9 regular season wins. Sun Belt champs.

Ark St loses a ton of people and their coach. FIU loses their QB and TY Hilton, WKU loses Rainey, FAU and ULM suck, and NT loses Dunbar (and they suck). Troy is on a downswing, as is MT.

7-1 in the conference, beat FCS and Tulane, compete hard with OSU and Florida. Win the New Orelans bowl again, and celebrate our first 10 win season.

That's what next!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    9 regular season wins. Sun Belt champs.

Ark St loses a ton of people and their coach. FIU loses their QB and TY Hilton, WKU loses Rainey, FAU and ULM suck, and NT loses Dunbar (and they suck). Troy is on a downswing, as is MT.

7-1 in the conference, beat FCS and Tulane, compete hard with OSU and Florida. Win the New Orelans bowl again, and celebrate our first 10 win season.

That's what next!
    What he said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Default INDY BOWL ATTENDANCE

Well we are still listed as the biggest crowd---Shreveport gets 41,700----and remember we brought about 40K or more!!!!

11. Default Missouri drubs UNC in Independence Bowl

Attendance was announced at 41,728 tickets sold, but there might have been only about 5,000 fans in the stands.

The rest of the story

Default Re: Missouri drubs UNC in Independence Bowl

Watched on TV, I can concur.

Lifeless.

13. Default Re: Missouri drubs UNC in Independence Bowl

How can we stop this falsification of the actual attendance????? Damn, I can tell a recruit just about anything, and it isn't substantiated by seat butts-----Arial photography may be the only way with a true fan guesstimate!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How can we stop this falsification of the actual attendance????? Damn, I can tell a recruit just about anything, and it isn't substantiated by seat butts-----Arial photography may be the only way with a true fan guesstimate!!!!
    If we're going by actual attendance, I doubt the New Orleans Bowl had more than 30K. Still a significant advantage over other bowls, but not quite as impressive as 43K.

15. UL Football Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

I do not think that the actual seat butts in NOB were not about right. I was shocked to learn that a family who I never would have believed to attend the NOB goes every year on their dollar. In addition, I have been to the MLSD many times for many decades and the look of that bowl the fans in the seats to my eyes suggest yest 40 plus.

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst . 70 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 . LastLast

Thread Information