Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst . 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 . LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: 9 wins. New Orleans Bowl Champs. Whats next?

Schedule is much tougher next year. I would be very pleased with 7 regular season wins

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I'm sure Southern Miss Fans are thrilled with their coaches decision to send them there instead of Dallas.
    Yeah, but then he got a Hawaiian vacation before ditching his team for another. Nice .

3. Default Ticket Sales for bowl games are struggling

When Virginia Tech was chosen as an at-large team for the Sugar Bowl instead of Kansas State or Boise State, after both teams finished higher than the Hokies in the Bowl Championship Series standings, some eyebrows were raised.

Default Re: Ticket Sales for bowl games are struggling

According to the link below attendance was 32,630 for the Hawaii Bowl.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda.2/24#box-score

Now I do need cheater glasses to read.but distances I am still really goodwatching that game it sure looked closer to 5,000 including players and cheerleaders than 32,000almost felt sorry for them.(almost).

Quote Originally Posted by STEVEAUX UL 78 View Post
    Now I do need cheater glasses to read.but distances I am still really goodwatching that game it sure looked closer to 5,000 including players and cheerleaders than 32,000almost felt sorry for them.(almost).
    I spoke with a person who is on the Southern Miss bowl board or whatever that is and he said that Southern Miss fans had bought 570 tickets for the bowl game but 500 of them were donated to the local military in honolulu in hopes that they would wear Southern Miss attire and cheer them on. He confirmed that literally 57 tickets were bought by their fans with the intent to actually go to the game. Now, that doesn't mean that they didn't have some fans leave late and buy tickets there but they had very little interest in the bowl game from a general prospective once they were dissed by the Liberty bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Schedule is much tougher next year. I would be very pleased with 7 regular season wins
    ^^Lowered expectations (Musical intro)^^

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Next.

10 wins, Sunbelt Champs, Top 25.

There's always room for improvement!
    I like this target. And as for attendance at the Tulane game.

Tulane (125) + UL (35k) = 35,125
    Tulane (125) + UL (35k) + Southern band (add 15k) = 50,125

The only way the Tulane game eclipses the Southern game attendance is if they bring the Southern band with them (announced way in advance).

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Next.

10 wins, Sunbelt Champs, Top 25.

There's always room for improvement!
    Aim high! I like this one!

1) Coach & staff remain in tact.
    2) Coaches hit recruiting trail hard & take full advantage of this momentum to lasso in another great recruiting class.
    3) Replace very special senior class that spearheaded this whole 2011 campaign????????????????
    4) Take advantage of other teams in the conference making lateral or downward moves after great seasons ( IE ASU).
    5) Keep upstarts like WKU from beating us ever again.
    6) WIN THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This should always be the number ONE goal.

I think we should just forget all this and drop down to I-AA

Default Re: ONE Aztec take

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    In fact he is the same guy that caused Brett's FG to be taken off the board in the first half for a false start. He is #49 for the Aztecs. I recorded the game and I wondered if it was due to him. It was. He did the same motion to cause the first false start. It wouldn't surprise me if officials were made aware of his actions and they were looking for it.
    This was also the same guy who committed defensive holding on the extra attempt by grabbing quave & pulling him to allow one of their rushers an open lane to the kicker. He also kneed Gautier in the back when he threw the pick late in the first half. He was a very dirty player who got what was coming to his team on that last call.

Now THAT is just plain funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I like this target. And as for attendance at the Tulane game.

Tulane (125) + UL (35k) = 35,125
    Tulane (125) + UL (35k) + Southern band (add 15k) = 50,125

The only way the Tulane game eclipses the Southern game attendance is if they bring the Southern band with them (announced way in advance).

Default Re: Ticket Sales for bowl games are struggling

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    When Virginia Tech was chosen as an at-large team for the Sugar Bowl instead of Kansas State or Boise State, after both teams finished higher than the Hokies in the Bowl Championship Series standings, some eyebrows were raised.

I don't know what stories like this are telling you guys, but they are painting a very clear picture for me. I have heard & read people on this site make fun of Wright Waters in the past & I have joined in myself. However, UL's previous disappointments have served to gain the SBC something that it is now in a position to take advantage of. Being the conference nobody wanted with the pretty much little brothers of the big powerhouse schools in the same states & having bowl agreements in locations close to our stomping grounds has given the SBC something many other conferences in college football wish for, but will never have. It gives the SBC stability.

Stability is a fertile breeding ground for young fan bases seeking to grow. What this conference needs is a leader. I have always maintained when others argued that the SBC wasn't "good enough" that UL had to be outright champions at least once to make that claim. Now UL can & in point of fact needs to start to take its rightful role as SBC leaders & show the rest of the country that a pretty mean brand of football can be played in Lafayette as well as anywhere in this country. If you can't have the SEC, & not everyone can, then why not go with the next best thing (SBC) SEC light? This sould give UL a major leg up on outside schools from other conferences trying to take players from our area ( which should rightfully stretch from East Texas across to the Florida panhandle) with a big emphasis on the Acadiana, River parishes, bayou country, & New Orleans. Let's face it. If you get the players with character & talent to go along with great coaching,organization, & dedication then you're gonna win. There is no magic formula. It just takes somebody with enough guts to say WE can do it & it CAN BE DONE HERE. This is what HUD has done. Not only can it be done, but it should be expected annually.

Almost 43,000 people with a school from 1400 miles away. Think about that people. The New Orleans bowl could be the 6th most attended bowl game this year & will almost certainly be in the top 12 of the bowl season. I don't know what this tells you, but it tells me & anyone else with eyes to see, that this could be the start of something very very BIG.

15. Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Is this the latest on all the BOWLS played????

Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst . 69 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 . LastLast

Thread Information