Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst . 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 . LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I met our boy Friday evening on the way to Spanish Plaza. He was plenty fired up. Introduced me to the family. The man has a good memory. I like his enthusiasm.
    Yeah I saw him on the way to Spanish Plaza too, I think he is making an attempt to bring suspenders back, if they were ever in??

Somebody called into Jay's show later this evening and said that there is a good story to Kyle's cruise and his attempt to see the game on TV. The signal faded in and out but he was going to leave it to Kyle to tell the story. From bits and pieces that I heard, it will be good. From what I understood, it took him over 3 quarters to get the game. Maybe BOP can fill in and straighten out anything that I've heard wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I think when national heads talk about too many bowls and meaningless bowl games they forget something.

When you win a bowl game, your fans are every bit as happy as the fans who leave the stadium after winning the national championship.

The stakes may not be as high, but the euphoria is.
    Jay, I was just thinking the other day that I might have been just as excited Saturday as I was after the Saints won the Superbowl. Hard to measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Somebody called into Jay's show later this evening and said that there is a good story to Kyle's cruise and his attempt to see the game on TV. The signal faded in and out but he was going to leave it to Kyle to tell the story. From bits and pieces that I heard, it will be good. From what I understood, it took him over 3 quarters to get the game. Maybe BOP can fill in and straighten out anything that I've heard wrong.
    Yea, Kyle was fired up in Spanish Plaza. Probably got everyone fired up on the cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    Yea, Kyle was fired up in Spanish Plaza. Probably got everyone fired up on the cruise.
    Did they stand and cheer with himm though?

I was on that ship earlier this year for the Saints playoff (loss) to the Seahawks, and the NCAA Champ game with Auburn and Oregon. I believe ESPN was on the tube the entire time.

Channels fade in and out as you move through the water. ESPN is one of the few that they are able to keep on fairly regulally. If I'm remembering all this correctly.

Now the local channels have been different on each cruise I've gone on.
    First cruise, we had Nashville locals for the first few days, then NYC the remaining.
    Second cruise, we had Denver locals (which was cool, b/c that was the same week the Rockies were playing in the World Series).
    Last cruise, we had.I don't remember now. But I remember watching the Saints game out on the deck while leaving out of New Orleans. That was crazy, until the game got ugly! And then watching the NC game out there too, while in the middle of no where.

That big screen out on the deck is 25' diagonially with a 70,000 watt sound system.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Andre's NO bowl Pictures and Video

Made a shorter playlist of videos. This one is only 9 total videos for 18 minutes in length.

Default Re: Andre's NO bowl Pictures and Video

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Made a shorter playlist of videos. This one is only 9 total videos for 18 minutes in length
    That drum cadence is where it's at. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ULBouzi View Post
    That drum cadence is where it's at. Thanks for sharing
    Check out the 1st five videos of the long playlist then. I was basically in the band on Thursday night, I was SO close!
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9470561049ED00D

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Check out the 1st five videos of the long playlist then. I was basically in the band on Thursday night, I was SO close!
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9470561049ED00D
    Yea! Third video on first playlist. Link to full drum cadence

They should play that during games. If they did play it during games, I blame it on alcohol.

11. Default Re: This Article From The San Diego Union Says It All About Bowls

MAACO Bowl Las Vegas - #7 Boise State vs. Arizona State

Attendance - 35,720

12. Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

The guy who called in was Kyle's brother, he goes by Rooster and is a real nice guy.

Oh its a great story from beginning to end.
    Lets just say he will never use Royal Carib again.
    Im sure he will fill everyone in when he gets home Sunday.

Its funny as hell.

14. UL Football Re: This Article From The San Diego Union Says It All About Bowls

So here is my take on the City of New Orleans and the ToiletPaper. Thank you New Orleans Bowl for doing what was in your best interest inviting the University of Louisiana.

Now if we win the crown, and IF we have a choice three things need to be understood before we come back.

A: The bowl selection committee needs to invite Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns and have as little to do with Lafayette as possible, and since they are not bound by the guidelines of the state it is entirely possible to refer to our school as the University of Louisiana end of discussion.

B: UL has more students, alumns, and players than any non metro New Orleans school except LSU in this state. The Times Picayune needs to step up and honor the people who put more money in their citizens pockets than anybody in the history of the New Orleans Bowl. Believe me Rouses has pull with the Toilet Paper, as well as every full hotel in New Orleans. They need more pre game coverage.

C: Yes the game ended late. So what? The paper could have had 95% of the stories ready for the final tally. In other words the game story should have been on the front page, and a nice follow up the next day with a couple of articles for the Monday editionl.

Hey New Orleans I am glad you realize we were your absolute best fit, now make sure you show some thanks for what YOU KNOW we can bring. Treat us nice like you do any other event you do not want to lose. Examples Souther/Grambling game, Essence festival. Just treat us in a fashion that does not insult our name, and you know it does, and honor our support.

Default Re: This Article From The San Diego Union Says It All About Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Although San Diego isn't a destination city, I certainly wouldn't mind going there. It's a great sized city. Not too big but not too small. Not very difficult to get around especially compared to a place like LA. Decent nightlife (Gaslamp Quarter) and lots of other things to do. Weather is also great. I was just there about a week and a half ago and would love to go back. Although I'm sure many folks around here wouldn't have the same feelings about there as I do due to the distance and the price to get there.
    Oh no doubt, San Diego is a nice city, it's definitely not Detroit in December. But it's not known as a party city like New Orleans. But then not too many cities are. Honestly, I'm not sure if San Diego is ready for an invasion of 20,000 UL fans!

Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst . 65 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 85 . LastLast

Thread Information