Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 83 . LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    Speaking of Bandwagonking. I haven't seen him post or heard him call-in since last week.
    He fell off the back of the wagon just as it got to the top of the mountain! LOL!

Seriously, he was in New Orleans but he was leaving on. Cruise with his wife that he had booked well before we were anticipating the bowl game. I ran into him in the Quarter Friday night. He was fired up and praying for heavy fog on Saturday. Unfortunately for him Saturday morning broke bright and sunny. I wonder if he was able to watch on TV on the ship?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    He fell off the back of the wagon just as it got to the top of the mountain! lOL!

Seriously, he was in New Orleans but he was leaving on. Cruise with his wife that he had booked well before we were anticipating the bowl game. I ran into him in the Quarter Friday night. He was fired up and praying for heavy fog on Saturday. Unfortunately for him Saturday morning broke bright and sunny. I wonder if he was able to watch on TV on the ship?
    He was fired up wasn't ______ LOL!!

That is the craziest of crazies!!

Z

Default This Article From The San Diego Union Says It All About Bowls

"There's nothing we can do until this thing plays out," Neville said. "We're watching it and trying to keep one step ahead of what's going on. … I don't think the Poinsettia Bowl's going to go away or the Holiday Bowl's going to go away. We've had a pretty good run and we anticipate that will continue in the future."

Working to the Poinsettia Bowl's advantage is ESPN's unquenchable thirst for live events and the scarcity of programming alternatives in the week before Christmas. Working against the Poinsettia Bowl is its relatively modest payout ($500,000 per team) and the virtually invisible interest it has generated among San Diego football fans.

Inasmuch as the recent proliferation of bowl games is more a product of network need than popular demand, the viability of a particular event is often determined by whether rights fees can cover costs. But because college football coaches covet the additional practice time available to bowl teams, because bowl appearances have become a benchmark in recruiting, and because schools are willing to guarantee the purchase of thousands of tickets to gain invitations, a bowl accountant need not be Bernie Madoff to show a profit.

Default Re: This Article From The San Diego Union Says It All About Bowls

Both bowl committees and ESPN should learn that bowls with at least one local or near local team make for a more exciting atmosphere and a better viewing experience for potential viewers. Note that the Poinsietta drew double this year's attendance when a local SDSU played in it last year.

I won't rag on the rednecks from LII for not traveling en mass to San Diego. Although the tarps covering empty seats was appropriately ironic and funny. I'm not sure how much better Our fans would have travelled there either. While I have some locations such as a pair of painted yellow footprints that I'd like to see for old times sake, San Diego is not a "destination city" like New Orleans, New York, LA, etc. Hopefully the non-BCS bowls will wake up and realize that the key to success is a regional matchup that makes it relatively easy for fans to travel and also spurs some local interest. There were some local folks at the New Orleans Bowl who were not UL alums but who went in part because UL was a somewhat "local" team.

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Poinsetta Bowl- 24,607 (Please edit into list)
    Poinsettia Bowl - record attendance 48,049
    2011 Bowl attendance - 24,607 lowest in bowl history
    TCU sold its allotment of 3,000 tickets. LA Tech did not
    Info out of San Diego newspaper.

In fairness to Tech, a bowl game in California with teams from Louisiana and Texas would have little appeal. Not many of our fans would likely have traveled to California for this game. All the more reason to have more regional teams in bowl games to help assure attendance, except for the major bowls.

So, the Bowl Attendance Watch thru December 21:

New Orleans Bowl- 42,841

Idaho POtato Bowl- 28,078

New Mexico Bowl- 25,762

Poinsettia Bowl - 24,607

Beef/Brady Bowl- 20,072

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    He was fired up wasn't ______ LOL!!

That is the craziest of crazies!!

Z
    Some how I am picturing him in the bar on the ship watching the game and exhorting the other patrons to get off there asses and make some noise! LOL!!!

I'm sure we will here from Kyle the second the ship docks back in New Orleans.

It isn't until that I hear texas mike that I realize I miss Kyle's calls. Hope the sleeping dog makes it back safe.

Some how I am picturing him in the bar on the ship watching the game and exhorting the other patrons to get off there asses and make some noise! LOL!!!

I'm sure we will here from Kyle the second the ship docks back in New Orleans.
    I know of someone else who had the same scenario. Family cruise booked months ago. He was pretty certain that he would not get to see the game while on board.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I agree with Turbine. If everybody had as much fun as I did (and it sounds like that was the case), and tells everyone that didn't go (which they probably have), we may get 45-50. I doubt anybody who went this year wouldn't go back, it was that great.
    This. I can count at least 10 people that had regretful looks when they saw me Monday. Most of those folks will find a way to be there next time. I'm sure many of you experienced the same.

Default Re: Video of "The Kick" with the radio call from Jay Walker

Awesome job Loco, best sporting finish I have seen in my lifetime, although I am biased, loved my University since I was a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Orestes View Post
    It isn't until that I hear texas mike that I realize I miss Kyle's calls. Hope the sleeping dog makes it back safe.
    Yeah and that idiot was campaigning on Steve's show earlier about being awarded Caller of the Year. He needs to go back to Texas and sodomize some livestock. Anyone else hear Jay hang up on him the other day? Hilarious.

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    I thought when they set up the BCS that the idea was to select the highest ranked BCS opponents in the bowls but apparently that flopped thanks to the Sugar's disastrous pick.
    Yeah I was really hoping someone like Boise would've made it into that game. I may have even gone to the game just to check them out. Unfortunately, the Sugar Bowl messed up big time. I would love it if the NO Bowl ends up being better attended than the Sugar.

I won't rag on the rednecks from LII for not traveling en mass to San Diego. Although the tarps covering empty seats was appropriately ironic and funny. I'm not sure how much better Our fans would have travelled there either. While I have some locations such as a pair of painted yellow footprints that I'd like to see for old times sake, San Diego is not a "destination city" like New Orleans, New York, LA, etc. Hopefully the non-BCS bowls will wake up and realize that the key to success is a regional matchup that makes it relatively easy for fans to travel and also spurs some local interest. There were some local folks at the New Orleans Bowl who were not UL alums but who went in part because UL was a somewhat "local" team.
    Although San Diego isn't a destination city, I certainly wouldn't mind going there. It's a great sized city. Not too big but not too small. Not very difficult to get around especially compared to a place like LA. Decent nightlife (Gaslamp Quarter) and lots of other things to do. Weather is also great. I was just there about a week and a half ago and would love to go back. Although I'm sure many folks around here wouldn't have the same feelings about there as I do due to the distance and the price to get there.

Default Looking for pictures from the Bowl game

I noticed there were plenty of pictures taken of us during the game probably because of my poster but I can't seem to find any of them! Has anybody been able to find any albums from people that were on the field taking pictures other than the Daily Advertiser?!

Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst . 63 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 83 . LastLast

Thread Information