Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 . LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1309

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

UL Football Pics of New Orleans Bowl Team and MVP trophies

Here's a link to my facebook album with pics of the team and MVP trophies. Parents' trophy shop (Awardmaster) had to do some minor repairs on them, so I had a great chance to take some pictures.

God Bless!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?.1&l=2ebfc6e3c6

trophy pics are at the end of the album. first half is other pics from NOLA Bowl day

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

So.as it turned out, both FIU's play on the field AND their fan support BOTH sucked. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    So.as it turned out, both FIU's play on the field AND their fan support BOTH sucked. Disappointing.
    Especially when FIU fans could've made that a home game for them with a good turnout. St. Petersburg isn't that much farther from Miami than Lafayette is to New Orleans!!

THere's speculation that tonight's Poinsettia bowl may be the lowest attended in that bowl's history. Team from texas vs. team from Louisiana in San Diego.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    THere's speculation that tonight's Poinsettia bowl may be the lowest attended in that bowl's history. Team from texas vs. team from Louisiana in San Diego.
    Let's say next year we go 7-5, and go to a bowl that requires airfare. I have a hard time believing we'd travel well.

Especially around the holidays.

I think travel and logistics has the biggest impact on bowl attendance BY FAR. Except with FIU. They obviously don't care.

True. Which just goes to reinforce my belief that geographic fit is essential unless you're the Rose Bowl or the BCSNC.

Baylor sold out their allotment quickly but San Antonio is three hours from a lot of their fan base. Texas probably didn't sell out their allotment, or come close, but they have a ton of fans in SoCal so that makes up for some of the distance.

I thought when they set up the BCS that the idea was to select the highest ranked BCS opponents in the bowls but apparently that flopped thanks to the Sugar's disastrous pick.

I hope the other bowls recognize how well the Ragin's traveled and played. It can only be the start of something big.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Let's say next year we go 7-5, and go to a bowl that requires airfare. I have a hard time believing we'd travel well.

Especially around the holidays.

I think travel and logistics has the biggest impact on bowl attendance BY FAR. Except with FIU. They obviously don't care.
    I agree. Christmas Eve in Detroit to play Ball State would be rough. If it was Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco, or something similar, we may get 5,000, but a cold city right at Christmas, and I don't think we'd get very many.

I'd take the New Orleans Bowl every year, although Houston, Dallas, or even Mobile would make for a fun trip, especially if it was a weekend game.

Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

I think when national heads talk about too many bowls and meaningless bowl games they forget something.

When you win a bowl game, your fans are every bit as happy as the fans who leave the stadium after winning the national championship.

The stakes may not be as high, but the euphoria is.
    Most of the national heads talking about too many bowls and meaningless bowl games don't understand why anyone outside of the big six conferences should be playing in the postseason. And most of them are totally ignorant to any schools outside of those conferences (something I've been exposed to again for the past two months since moving back to Texas).

Default Video of "The Kick" with the radio call from Jay Walker

Not sure if this was already made or posted, so I put together the video of the game-winning kick and the audio of the radio call. My first attempt at video editing, so its just a simple clip.

Enjoy. Available in HD.

Wish I could get a good copy of the whole radio broadcast. I'd try to do this with the whole game.

10. Default Re: Video of "The Kick" with the radio call from Jay Walker

That was awesome. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Not sure if this was already made or posted, so I put together the video of the game-winning kick and the audio of the radio call. My first attempt at video editing, so its just a simple clip.

Enjoy. Available in HD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG6DP.ature=youtu.be

Wish I could get a good copy of the whole radio broadcast. I'd try to do this with the whole game.

Awesome job. Thanks

Default Re: Video of "The Kick" with the radio call from Jay Walker

Major props.

Thanks loco.

Thanks Jay.

Default Re: Jacques Talk: Cajuns get their taste

I feel like you can equate UL with the Saints. never much of a "winning tradition", though there were definite sparks of life along the way. but the bags are coming off and the tide is turning.

And even those Saints fans that wore the bags still loved the Saints.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Pics of New Orleans Bowl Team and MVP trophies

Sid, nice pics. Your mom and dad sit in front of us at alot of the home games (section E). Really nice people!! Your dad told us one time that his son won the "kicks for cash" at a game, was that you? Anyway, what a great time in N.O.!!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!

Well according to one poster from the Tech board that is at the game, he stated that it looked like the stadium was only 10% filled 30 minutes before game time. Qualcomm's capacity for football is 70,561. So this guy estimated that there was only 7056 people 30 minutes before the game. You're right BOP. If this guy is close, it will be the lowest attended bowl game in it's history.

Page 71 of 88 FirstFirst . 61 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 81 . LastLast

Thread Information