Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst . 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: NOLA bowl champions shirts?

I bought one at the domebut. left it in Pat O'Briens I think.lol.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    That post is full of win.

3. Default Re: ESPN Instant Analysis of NO Bowl

As long as it is used as an interjection or exclamation and not as a pronoun (and carries the spirit of the moment) it is acceptable.

jmo

Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by ibldprplgld View Post
    Thanks, I_Bleed. We'll have our hands full; I hope Bama doesn't call your kicker for words of wisdom.lol
    On the opposite end of that, we missed two extra points and a fg.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    That's crazy, because that is where I found my free one!!!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    On the opposite end of that, we missed two extra points and a fg.
    If UL had lost I would have really missed that field goal. Actaully though he made all 3 FGs but one was taken off the board for a penalty.

Default Re: Andre's NO bowl Pictures and Video

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    Great pics! We were sitting a few rows down. I see myself and anhil8tor in one of your pics! Let's do it again next year!
    Oh, cool! Which pic #?

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl poster?

Hey Parrott, you out there????? Any insight?

Default Re: My favorite part of the New Orleans bowl

Good Stuff!

This past weekend was by far the best time I've had in New Orleans in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    We all had the night we had all dreamed of. Everyone will know right where they were as the ball sailed through the upright, and the cajuns finally were bowl champions. We'll never forget Gautiers 3x record breaking night (most pass yards in a season, most pass TDs in a season, and most offensive yards posted by 1 player), and we won't forget the circus catches our entire receiving corps made while being interfered with. Most stories from that night are very similar, and mine is no different. With that said, my favorite moment though came after the game was over, I now have a #63 Red Cajuns jersey that I bought when you could buy Jerseys through the university (yea, he sold me a red one, not sure how or why, but I jumped on it, now I consider Jarad Martin my kindred spirit, was glad to see him in the 2 deep, hopefully he starts next year). Anyway, as I was leaving, a girl (around 11 years old) came up and gave me a high five, and a little boy (about 7) came up as well and gave me a high five with their parents. The little boy asked me if I were a UL football player and I told him that I wasn't good enough to be a player for UL. What the little boy said next absolutely made my night worth every minute. The little boy told me "I want to grow up to be a UL Football Player". I talked to him a few minutes more and told him that if he worked really hard he could one day be a UL Football player. It was incredibly rewarding to see a child so excited about UL football. Its so exciting for all of us, but to see someone that young so excited about UL football was incredibly rewarding. This is the best time to be a Ragin Cajun. Our future is so bright!

A co-worker of mine here in Baton Rouge told me a story of how she saw the end of the game that absolutely shocked me!

She was at a VERY popular bar here in Baton Rouge. Music playing all evening long, the game was on the big screen, a few people watching. She even said that several people in the bar had on red UL gear. The next part is what shocked me. Once the game got close. The bar STOPPED playing music, put the audio of the game on throughout the entire place, and EVERYONE was rooting us on she said. When we won, everyone in the bar was going nuts! She then started texting me about how crazy the game was. I didn't get the text until WAY LATER, but oh well.

NOT EVERYONE in Baton Rouge hates us! Just saying.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ibldprplgld View Post
    LSU alum and fan here just popping in to say congrats on the great win, Cajuns! I root for y'all often, unless of course you're lining up against LSU. I definitely found myself screaming for y'all on Saturday until the very end. It was nice seeing your fans excited and loud in the Superdome and even more, your team giving them every reason to be. Great win, again!

(Also, here's to hoping Bama's kickers aren't as good as yours!)
    Really appreciate it. Thanks

Z

Default Re: Corporate Support

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Louisiana has been a sore spot for many big oil companies since the precedent was set that they could be sued before actually having proof they contaminated ground water.

Major lawsuit between Texaco and the state of Louisiana had nothing to do with supposed ground water
    contamination. It was an accusation of underpayment of royalties. Texaco paid royalties from production on state owned properties on the basis of the price they received for natural gas. In most cases,
    this price received was quite a bit below the market value of the time as Texaco had very old contracts with it's customers calling for them to receive the gas at set cheap prices. The state contended that
    Texaco should pay royalties based upon the current market price. This would mean that they royalties Texaco would pay actually exceeded the amount they received for their product. As in many cases
    such as this, the case was settled out of court with Texaco making payments to the state but at a
    lower value than the state of Louisiana originally demanded. As far as Chevron's current office setup, about 4 years ago the entire New Orleans portion of the Gulf of Mexico business unit moved from
    downtown New Orleans to Covington. It is a state of the art campus type facility which the state
    recognized for it's environmental design. Moving from Orleans to St. Tammany Parish did have some
    political ramifications. Therefore the company increased their charitable work in the city. This includes supporting all the charities the Saints and the Hornets sponsor. Based upon the Covington employees
    having tieins to those teams, the Lafayette management was able to secure more support for the
    Cajuns. In addition to participating in the Corporate season ticket program for football, six basketball
    season tickets were purchased this season for the first time and there is a possibility Cajun baseball will also be supported come spring time.

I would bet most people in Baton Rouge don't hate us. I suspect most people really never paid attention to us. Remember
    most people don't read message boards. Those people in BR cheering us on Saturday night were simply supporting another
    institution from the state of Louisiana which is no threat to the Tigers. Keep in mind the schools are working together on the
    new medical program which will allow students to become doctors from training received in Lafayette. For years we begged for more publicity outside of Lafayette. In most of those years we did not do enough to warrant that attention. 2011 was
    different and I bet more of that will occur in future years.

Default Re: My favorite part of the New Orleans bowl

One of the many highlights of my night was being able to talk to Jessie Newman on the sideline. I have a white #67 jersey that I bought when he was still in school. When I saw him on the field, he had his white #67 jersey on and I walked up to him and told him "nice jersey". He smiled, laughed and we talked for a few minutes.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDawgPound View Post
    Stay away from the average LSU fans and you will do well in lifeyou know, the ones who cut their AA meetings so they can throw beer on and curse the opponents' fans BTW, most of us share BR's "SABAN SUCKS" attitude.
    please. speak for yourself. geaux cajuns! roll tide!

Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst . 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 . LastLast

Thread Information