Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst . 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: Best Night Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I scanned the field for flags before celebrating. I don't think that I was the only one
    My was seated in the end zone 25 to 30 feet from the goldpost on the cajuns side of the field. For a few seconds I didn't know if the ball passed on the inside or the outside of the upright until the fans eruptedwhat a feeling!
    RedBug, where were you sitting?

Default Re: Bowl Champion Merchandise?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Got mine last night at Walgreens in Youngsville by Rousse's. Still had some in all sizes.
    Thanks, I'll stop by there on the way home.

Default Re: Attendance figure?

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Yeah. Had it been Southern Miss it may have been a sellout.
    Not to knock USM, but think about it. The two 31K games were USM-Troy and USM-MT. Let's say USM brought 20K for each of those.

SDSU had almost no one there. So it's safe to say we doubled USM's attendance.

Given USM's history and following, that's no small accomplishment.

4. Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Thank you for your kind words.

You will meet with some opposition on this board as there are quite a few tiger fans that only come on to cause problems; but, it is nice of you to come on with some words of encouragement.

Good luck in your game.
    Thanks, and trust me, I know every school has its fair share of bad apples. LSU is certainly not above that.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Looking back on that one.it was a tad harsh.
    After adjusting my thread reading calibrator to "cajunhawk", your statement read like a heartfelt handwritten apology (in caligraphy).

You are forgiven!! Christmas is upon us!

6. Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    Thanks!! And good luck against Bama! I have a bad feeling that they will win but I'm definitely pulling for yall.
    Thanks, I_Bleed. We'll have our hands full; I hope Bama doesn't call your kicker for words of wisdom.lol

8. Default Re: ESPN: The Louisiana and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Did ESPN screw the name up? You bet. However, nothing is going to change until it is changed in the Sun Belt Office and the NCAA office!!!

Default Re: ESPN Instant Analysis of NO Bowl

I'll remind you after we beat South Carolina in the Super-regional in 2000, one of the headlines in the Daily Advertiser the next day said OOH-LA-LA, CAJUNS!

I don't remember anyone getting po'd about it.

Default Re: Jay Walker call of kick

I have it. I was going to over lay it over the video from espn but my laptop is giving me problems rite now. PM me an email and I'll send it to y'all

Default Re: 9 wins. New Orleans Bowl Champs. Whats next?

We can't move the game to the Dome next year due to the rule requiring 11 home games every 2 years. We had only five this year so we have to have six next year. At this point we only have 5 home games scheduled including Tulane. With the Florida game being moved to November we are likely looking for an FCS school to provide the competition for the season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm going to make a prediction now.when Tulane comes in.we will push the attendance record from the Southern game. And we will win.
    That game is in October. Tulane will have already lost a couple of games and they will not travel more than a few hundred to Lafayette. Not saying that the record will not be broken but it will be broken by ULL fans Tulane will not contribute much at all - IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cajun View Post
    That game is in October. Tulane will have already lost a couple of games and they will not travel more than a few hundred to Lafayette. Not saying that the record will not be broken but it will be broken by ULL fans Tulane will not contribute much at all - IMHO
    I will say there are quite a few Tulane people in the Lafayette area. I do not think we hit 41K, but we could and should sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cajun View Post
    Tulane will not contribute much at all - IMHO
    So much truth in this statement

We cannot go back to only playing Tulane at their place. The whole point is to have the best chance of winning the game.and that will always be easier at home. Second most important thing is the gate. We want/need that home gate.

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst . 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 . LastLast

Thread Information