Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: Best Night Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Stokes1003 View Post
    http://kpel965.com/a-ragin-cajun-nig.-never-forget/

You guys agree?

What did you do when time ran out?

I scanned the field for flags before celebrating. I don't think that I was the only one

You guys agree?

I was lucky enough to be on the field so I was trying to capture as much as I could with my camera. I didnt realize until I was looking back at the pictures that I actually had the video running while I was snapping pictures. I was so happy, I was just pressing buttons on the camera. LOL

3. Default

You guys agree?

I'm Stoked(s)

I want to know who was the Guy making snow angels on the field. I was also moved by the players that knelt down and said prayers in the endzone and to the priest in front of us way to work your rosary on the final drive

Also to our friend from grand Cocteau we would have heard you at theend of the game

6. Default Re: The play before

I'm just glad Gautier will be the one delivering the ball.

Should be fun.

Default Re: The play before

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    With James Butler, Javone Lawson, Darryl Surgent, Harry Peoples, Jamal Robinson and Devon Figaro we MAY have the best top to bottom receiver corps in the country. While they differ in style, ALL are extremely gifted receivers.

Who is in line to replace Green??? Pettis?

Default Re: Corporate Support

Nothing major, but Judice Inn did close it's doors at 2pm on Saturday to make sure all it's employees had the opportunity to attend the game! Small things make a difference too, and Judice Inn has always been known to be a huge supporter of UL athletics over the years. So keep eating the "best burgers in town"!!

Gotta love the Juice.

We were seated in the endzone where the ball sailed through. 11 of us in all My son who just made 21 and is a UL student had an epic moment. He had more than a few adult beverages by this time and he tried standing on a seat to join in the group hug; the seat turned and we all collapsed as we sought to keep him from killing himself it was a sea of bodies. all laughing some of us crying just an unbelievable moment

All the years of pain and disappointment came crashing down in those few moments. I was leaning forward on the seat in front of me. much the same way when Garrett Hartley lined up to send the Saints to the Super Bowl and much like that moment it was surreal. watching the ball float (in this case wind) through the goal posts and realize we had just won something we had waited so long forgetting a glimpse of the players poring onto the field much like the Saints did post Hartley. then the aformentioned group hug and collapse

The author of the article said it wonderfully

" for Cajun fans this weekend, there was no sense of entitlement. Nothing was overlooked or taken for granted. Every moment savored and stored away."

My daughter graduated on Saturday so we did not have reservations until Saturday night On Friday I just could not stand it and hopped in the car around 2 pm. drove to the Big Easy and savored the moment Went to the concert at Spanish Plaza. loved the comradre with the fans and the SDSU fans Walked the quarter. at around 11 pm hopped back in the car and drove home for graduation then back again.

It was a moment to savor as the author stated and when the ball sailed (winded) through the uprights it was all worth it

10. Default Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

LSU alum and fan here just popping in to say congrats on the great win, Cajuns! I root for y'all often, unless of course you're lining up against LSU. I definitely found myself screaming for y'all on Saturday until the very end. It was nice seeing your fans excited and loud in the Superdome and even more, your team giving them every reason to be. Great win, again!

(Also, here's to hoping Bama's kickers aren't as good as yours!)

11. Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Thanks

Default Re: Attendance figure?

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    We broke their attendance record by over 11,000!!!

With very little help from the opposition

Default Re: Congrats from across the Atchafalaya

Quote Originally Posted by ibldprplgld View Post
    LSU alum and fan here just popping in to say congrats on the great win, Cajuns! I root for y'all often, unless of course you're lining up against LSU. I definitely found myself screaming for y'all on Saturday until the very end. It was nice seeing your fans excited and loud in the Superdome and even more, your team giving them every reason to be. Great win, again!

(Also, here's to hoping Bama's kickers aren't as good as yours!)

Great!! Now send some money!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Corporate Support

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    hell--the _______ in South America owns Valero!!!! Wait a great thought---We buy Valero and he sends us a guy who can kick touchbacks!!!!
    Venezuela owns Citgo. They don't own a nickel of Valero (the largest petroleum refiner in the US). Chevron, as was stated, is the giant that still maintains a major presence in Lafayette. But, UL does have connections with all of the major oil and gas companies.

15. Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Some LSU fans pulled for the Cajuns and some Cajun fans will be pulling for LSU. We're taking the good tidings graciously and instead of a dual citizen like you just allowing a moment of good will, your smallness wants to lecture. Your choice of being a dual fan for two or more state schools is just your choice and has no relationship to other people's experiences and preferences. I suppose as I wish all of my LSU friends "Merry Christmas" you'd call that being hypocritical. Grow up drummer.

You got bashed for bashing, by the way. You need a lot more life experience before you're ready to give lectures.

I know a lot of my LSU friends and family were very excited for y'all. My extended family is large and split pretty evenly with Cajun and LSU fans. If LSU is playing the Cajuns, you see a pretty definitive line of allegiance drawn, but other times we cheer for both sides. Sure we banter back and forth, but at the end of the day we love good football. No reason the schools can't have a healthy camaraderie. This weekend I was in an LSU cap rooting for the Cajuns and I know come Jan 9 they'll be in their Cajun gear rooting for LSU.

But anyway, great win!

Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst . 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 . LastLast

Thread Information