Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    Let's not forget to cheer on FIU as they make their bowl appearance tomorrow as well. I have a feeling that the Sun Belt stands a good chance to go 3-0 this bowl season
    I thought that we had the most difficult task, taking on a good MWC team (regarded as the best Non-AQ conference). With us taking care of business, we need FIU to do what they should do, and that is beat the pants off of Marshall. I think they will beat Marshall, and frankly, I don't think it will be close, this conference is much further a long than people realize, and a good 3-0 showing this year will go a long way to improving our perception around the country. This could mark a second straight year of good showings in bowls. This league is growing and improving and I think the league will have top 25 teams year in and year out very soon.

Default Re: 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    New Mexico Bowl- 25,762

Idaho POtato Bowl- 28,078

New Orleans Bowl- 42,841
    The T-P Sunday AM had us on page 13 of sports, after the prep coverage, two medium sized articles. They also had a big write up in business section about the bowls and the money they bring into NO, but it was all about the Sugar and NC, they barely mentioned the NO Bowl.

The article (obviously written before hand) projected us at 40K and the Sugar at 50K. Remember, we got 43K almost by ourselves; by comparison, USM v Troy only had about 31K, and both schools are in driving distance.

But they had another article about VT not selling their tickets. So the Sugar may have lower attendance than the NO Bowl.

If so, I wonder if the Sugar will inflate the numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    What is the name of the Capital One trophy handed out to the conference with the best bowl record? Anyway whatever it is, it would be cool for the Sunbelt to win it. I think we came out second last year.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_Challenge_Cup

Best record of conferences with minimum of 3 games played. I dont think Capital One sponsors it anymore.

4. UL Football Play(s) of the game

There were many and ESPN has highlighted a few but I have an early one that was a difference maker in the end.

SDSU Opening Drive: Sean Thomas with his ankle grabbing "touchdown saving" tackle at the 4 yard line, so the defense could hold SDSU to a FG. That was a 4 point play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    But they had another article about VT not selling their tickets. So the Sugar may have lower attendance than the NO Bowl.

If so, I wonder if the Sugar will inflate the numbers?
    And to think the chairman / commisoner of the Sugar bowl came out and said they picked teams that travel well b/c of the Sugar Bowl's economic responsibility to the city of NO, not the most deserving teams. Guess they picked wrong if this is the case with VT.

The TP's coverage of the New Orleans Bowl and UL was nothing short of embarrasing. New Orleans is constanly begging for tourism and when something big happens they (TP) could care less.

On a positive note Props to The Advocate for putting us on the front page of the main paper and sports section.

Default Re: ONE Aztec take

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Listen to Brock Huard (not Berlin) again if you taped it . I was thinking like you, but he was actually stating he liked the play calls by us, not the lack of penalty flags . they kind of overlooked the pass interferance.
    \

The Advocate reported that the officials were from the Big 12. Some of the calls made them look like SBC officials.

Default Re: Injuries

Particularly Robert walker and Leonardo bates. Heart Breaking for D-lew to miss this one.

Default Re: ESPN: The Louisiana and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Sent a comment to the Omsbudsman for ESPN.you all should too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900

Default Re: Left early? Some people never learn

In our area, I heard people saying "down in front" to others. I'm tall so I stand, but bend over because I can still see by doing this and don't block all the short people behind me. However, as the game kept going, nobody was saying "down in front" to anyone because everyone was standing and going crazy.

11. Default Re: ESPN: The UL_Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

It's just lazy lazy sports coverage. The network is to big to care.

They couldn't even get the wrong reference right. "LAYfayette"

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Left early? Some people never learn

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    The older couple next to me did the same thing. wierd. 99% of us stayed though and that is a new thing for Cajun fans.
    WE ARE THE 99%!!!!!

Default Re: Am I really the one creating the "OMG THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!" thread?

That last kick was pretty crazy. I don't know how it showed up on TV, but at the game, it was very slow and wobbly. I actually thought it was tipped, and gave up hope during the 30 second it seemed to take for it to get through the goalposts.

THEN I made an idiot of myself by telling everyone of the miraculous tipped field goal that went 50 yards.

My friends actually let me believe this until Sunday morning, when they told me the kick wasn't actually tipped, it was just a slow, ugly kick. But a slow ugly kick that scores 3 points is better than a clean powerful kick that doesn't, so I'm still happy

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Now that this subject has been brought up, I did go to the LSU board to see their reaction and the majority on a thread about this game was positve. They were happy for us and thought that it was a good game.
    this one did not think it was a good game. it was a fersure GREAT game!!

Default Re: Am I really the one creating the "OMG THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!" thread?

A slow ugly 50 yard kick that landed on the endzone tunnel tarp about 15 yards behind the uprights. :-)

Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst . 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 . LastLast

Thread Information