Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: Congrats my Cajun friends. Very happy for you !

Thanks KAjunRaider! A class act all the way! Best of luck to the the Blue Raiders in the coming years! (Except against us, of course! )

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

Just read through Shepard's tweets, seems like an awesome guy!!! Drew Allemon gave the Cajuns some love a while back on FB.

Default Re: Does anyone have the complete game stats from the NOLA Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by LFTCajun View Post
    I went to the ESPN site but couldn't find this. Thanks!!!

The thing that really catching my eye are the penalties.
    SDSU 4 for 30yrds
    UL 9 for 76yrs

WOW. I thought the officiating was a little one sided but, this is ridiculous. What conference did these refs come from???

4. Default Cajuns make team history - The News & Observer

NEW ORLEANS Brett Baer kicked a 50-yard field goal as time ran out, lifting Louisiana-Lafayette to a 32-30 victory over San Diego State in the New Orleans Bowl on Saturday night. Playing in their first bowl game as a Football Bowl Subdivision .

Default Re: LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

yea I think a lot of our fans forget that while they're may be some huge _______ LSU fans, there are a bunch of them that want to see us win. These players have played with/against our guys in high schools so it's nice to see that support from them.

Default Re: Javone Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Forgot Robinson and the commit from Minden!!!!
    Hey, Boom, I didn't see you in the piano bar at Pat O's on Saturday post-game. What up, dude? BTW, I played at Minden back in the day. Glad to see us snag one of those guys to head south! I don't know much about him, but sounds like a good prospect. Hope he turns out to be the kind of player one of our last Minden products did (the late Kenyon Cotton!).

7. Default Gautier led Cajuns to NO Bowl win

NEW ORLEANS — He may be as responsible as anyone, arguably more so than all, for turning a three-win season in 2010 into a 9-4 one that ended for UL with Saturday night's New Orleans Bowl victory over San Diego State. For helping the Ragin .

Default Re: Does anyone have the complete game stats from the NOLA Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by NuForce View Post
    I went to the ESPN site but couldn't find this. Thanks!!!

The thing that really catching my eye are the penalties.
    SDSU 4 for 30yrds
    UL 9 for 76yrs

WOW. I thought the officiating was a little one sided but, this is ridiculous. What conference did these refs come from???
    Big 12. Yeah, it did seem a bit one-sided, especially since the late 5 yard penalty against them meant they only had 3 until right before that last second FG. However, they did have a couple of pass interference calls that we declined (due to the pass being caught). Had we accepted them that would've made it a lot more even in the final count. Still it seemed that the refs keep throwing the flag on us especially on 3rd down, which kept several of their drives (including the last go-ahead drive) alive.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    However, they did have a couple of pass interference calls that we declined (due to the pass being caught). Had we accepted them that would've made it a lot more even in the final count.
    When they didn't call pass interference when LG was in the endzone I was thinking, wait they must only call those when the penalty is irrelevant. If Green has some how come down with the catch they would have thrown a flag.

Here you go. New Orleans Bowl Statistics

Geaux- Cajuns

10. Default UL Graduates and the NOLA Bowl

UL Graduates and the NOLA Bowl

Another big reason to celebrate for many UL students, Saturday was graduation day.

Commencement exercises were held over at the Cajundome and Convention Center Saturday morning.
    In all, more than 13-hundred graduates walked across the stage to receive their diplomas, and this year a break in tradition for graduation.

Rather than a general assembly, each college held their own, individual ceremonies so graduates could head to New Orleans to cheer on the hometown team with degrees in hand.

11. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Pictures

http://mkchang.photoshelter.com/gall.000_plRl2bSO3o

THE best picture from the game. AWESOME!

12. Default Win's the thing

For helping the Ragin' Cajuns get their first postseason win since the Jan. 1, 1944, Oil Bowl in Houston. For turning a team of wannabees into self-believers. But quarterback Blaine Gautier didn't do it alone on any of those counts, and he would .

13. Default Cajuns get hero's welcome from fans

Like many other Ragin' Cajuns fans, Saturday night's bowl game victory over San Diego State was a moment Jim Deshotels had been waiting for a very long time. "I was there in 1970 for the Rice Bowl in Baton Rouge," Deshotels said of the last time .

14. Default 3-point stance: Never too many bowls

The Ragin’ Cajuns (9-4), picked last in the Sun Belt, beat San Diego State with a 50-yard field goal with one second to play to win the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, 32-30. If you saw the reaction of the Louisiana players after Brett Baer’s .

15. Default Injury kept out starting linebacker

defense," coach Mark Hudspeth said. Warmups prior to their New Orleans Bowl victory over San Diego State, however, were anything but ordinary for the Ragin' Cajuns. That's especially the case for starting outside linebacker Devin Lewis-Buchanan .

Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information