Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: What a trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    40,000 stories. Maybe we will hear them all. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately mine begins and ends with my partner in crime (wife) and the flu. Poor thing spent the entire weekend in the hotel. My little west Texan tried to cowgirl-up but nearly passed out on the way to Acme. Blaine Gautier she is not, so, like a gut-shot soldier, she told me to carry on without her.
    Hope she is ok and back on her feet real soon!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Let's do it again next year!!
    Im def down for that! Cajun nation was out in full force all weekend

Default Re: When do we find out how much money we made off this bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    I'm thinking the Hotels and meals etc were included in the 300k in expenses
    Um, yeah. That's what I meant.

4. Default Last-second FG lifts Cajuns - CBS Sports

NEW ORLEANS -- Blaine Gautier's record-setting passing and a long clutch kick by Brett Baer gave Louisiana-Lafayette fans the kind of thrills they haven't had since Jake Delhomme was playing for the Ragin' Cajuns. Gautier passed for 470 yards .

5. Default Cajuns all the rage after bowl win - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Blaine Gautier's record-setting passing and a long clutch kick by Brett Baer gave Louisiana-Lafayette fans the kind of thrills they haven't had since Jake Delhomme was playing for the Ragin' Cajuns. Gautier passed for 470 yards and three scores, and Baer .

6. Default LC-7 LOVE

MORE TO BE ABLE TO _____ ABOUT THE LACK OF COVERAGE THAN ANY OTHER REASON--I WATCHED CHANNEL 7 Lake Charles sports----Unbelievable highlights of the game--twice showing BB's kick along with the rest of the great plays---THANK YOU LC!!!!

Default Re: ESPN: The UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Make them say your name. Step one was taken on Saturday.

Default Re: ONE Aztec take

Even the announcers voiced some surprise on the first no PI call in the endzone to Green.then on the second Berlin agreed that the refs should let the players playmy response to that is if you are going to let them play, be consistent. Ill agree that 3the of the 5 PI calls against us were good calls after seeing replays, but 2 were just down right questionable calls.but hey, we got the W fair and square, and oh how sweet it is! Kudos to the Aztecs, they capitalized on all of our miscues.

9. Default Gulf Breeze grad McGuire revels in victory

But Saturday night, well, that's a feeling that may never be topped. McGuire's Cajuns rallied from a 30-29 deficit in the final 35 seconds to beat San Diego State in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl, the program's first bowl victory in the modern era.

10. Default Re: Am I really the one creating the "OMG THAT WAS AN AWESOME GAME!" thread?

Hell--I finally get to meet you and in the worst situation--I was with our former Head Coach at UL whom I coached with and I know we were all going in different directions---GREAT meeting you and congrats on a wonderfully successful end to your son's career!!!!!!

Default LSU Players Tweet during UL Game

It was awesome to see the support from the Guys up the road During THE CAJUns BIG win last night, Russell sheppard was one of the most vocal in his tweets, he mentioned how he loved the cajuns Uni's and.even said he.wished that ladarius green was on his team, I saw some post from Lsu freshman de quinton Thomas(breux bridge) saying that he was #teamUL. It was nice to see support from those guys, I saw Jordan Jefferson outside one of the afterpartys (not kicking anyone.lol)talking to some of the cajuns giving them congrats, us fans sometimes get so petty sometimes over rivalrys we forget wats important, it always the kids/players who put diffrences aside, and show support when they not playing each other.and one last thing, how bout dem damn cajuns and that damn coach HUD, gotTa love.em!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!!

12. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Pictures

The Sequence photos of Sturgent's catch---wow!!!!

13. Default Re: Javone Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    Your right, I forgot, Peoples will be back too. Man, our offense is gonna be amazing!
    ---Forgot Robinson and the commit from Minden!!!!

Default Re: Congrats my Cajun friends. Very happy for you !

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAztec View Post
    Congrats from San Diego. That was one hell of a game and Louisiana was tough!!!

All respect from here and I am so glad that both teams played so hard and represented our schools.
    Thanks, Steve! I am glad both teams played their hearts out and represented their schools well, too! It was a very exciting atmosphere, with all of the drama and emotional swings that make college football so great. I know the Aztec players & fans were very disappointed in the final outcome, but they displayed great grit & determination in coming from behind to take the lead in the last minute. I was feeling very low after the SDSU TD with 35 seconds left. To lead for most of the game only to fall short right at the end was looking to be a very tough proposition for us. But to feel the elation of a late, apparent game-winning TD, followed by the emotional drop-off-a-cliff of a last play FG is pretty gut-wrenching as well. Good luck to you and SDSU in the move to the Big East! Hope you'll stop back by from time to time.

Default Re: Congrats my Cajun friends. Very happy for you !

Quote Originally Posted by IndianL View Post
    Congratulations Cajuns, from ULM! I can only imagine how high in the clouds you all are. Like I always say, when a team that beats you beats someone else, it makes you look good, so thanks for making us (and the Belt) look good. Going only by the math, your win means ULM beat SDSU by a point! -- and I hope you take this in the spirit it is intended, strictly good humor. Congrats again.
    Thanks! Appreciate you coming by to say that. And I agree that when SBC teams are successful in OOC games, especially in the post-season, it helps ALL of the teams in the conference.

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 . LastLast

Thread Information