Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: 2011 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (32) SDSU (30)

Default Re: Congrats my Cajun friends. Very happy for you !

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAztec View Post
    Congrats from San Diego. That was one hell of a game and Louisiana was tough!!!

All respect from here and I am so glad that both teams played so hard and represented our schools.
    Steve, you are a class act.

Default Re: Bowl Game reply 12/18 7:00 P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Replay of the N. O. Bowl 12/18 at 7:00 P.M. ESPNU Didn't get to see it on TV because I was there.
    It is also archived on ESPN3. Plan on watching it in the next few days.

I DVR'ed it on ESPN 3D. Really excited to sit and watch it. It'll be my first football game in 3D!

Default Re: Jay Walker call of kick

The Kick.

Default Re: ESPN Instant Analysis of NO Bowl

Watching where Brett's kick hit the net, it seems like that ball might have made it over from 57 yards, much less just a measly 50.

Default Re: ESPN: The UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

I agree Bag o doughnuts was awful on stage. Generally a fun band, but not Saturday

Default Javone Lawson

I just wanted to take a moment to bring some light to this guy. Dude was NAILS last night, and has been all season. Lost in the record performance by Gautier, Lawson also cemented himself into the record book. He became just the 3rd player in UL history to eclipse 1000 yards receiving in a season, his 193 yards last night was the 4th most in school history, his 1092 yards on the season is 4th in school history, he just pushed Fred Stamps down the list, and the only player in front of him is Brandon Stokely. What a breakout season for this guy, cant wait to see what his encore will be in his senior season next year.

Also, one other thing, with the TD last night, Green finished the season tied for 5th most recieving TDs in a season ever. Also, while Gautier broke Delhommes single season passing yards record, AND passing TD's record (all while he barely played in 2 games), he also had the 2nd most passing yards in a single game ever, AND accounted for the most offense from scrimmage ever with his 492 yards of total offense. Last night wasn't just a great night, it was HISTORICAL. These guys raised the bar.

Default Re: ESPN: The UL-Lafayette and Lafayette references were unbelievable last night

Quote Originally Posted by The Antiwac View Post
    WHO GIVES A CRAP! WE HAVE JUST WON 9 GAMES INCLUDING A BOWL ON NATIONAL TELEVISION. FRICKING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO MAKE EVERY DAMM THING ABOUT THE NAME SHOULD GO TO YOUR OWN BOARD AND LEAVE THE REST OF US ALONE.
    Obviously not you. However, he makes some good points about branding. Every time ESPN screws up and uses "Lafayette" and the Lafayette Leopards logo it diminishes our brand and confuses the general public as to who we are. One of the benefits to being in a bowl game and on national TV is free publicity to spread the word about your program. Just as a billboard meant to advertise Ford would be worthless if it used a giant Chevy logo, the same is true for our brand when media outlets use " Lafayette" and a Leopard logo.

9. Default New Orleans Bowl • Louisiana-Lafayette stuns San Diego State on late FG - Bayou

Playing in their first bowl game as a Division I FBS team, the Ragin Cajuns (9-4) led most of the way but fell behind 30-29 when Aztecs quarterback Ryan Lindley connected with Colin Lockett on a 12-yard touchdown strike with 35 seconds to go. Louisiana .

Default Re: Javone Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84 View Post
    I just wanted to take a moment to bring some light to this guy. Dude was NAILS last night, and has been all season. Lost in the record performance by Gautier, Lawson also cemented himself into the record book. He became just the 3rd player in UL history to eclipse 1000 yards receiving in a season, his 193 yards last night was the 4th most in school history, his 1092 yards on the season is 4th in school history, he just pushed Fred Stamps down the list, and the only player in front of him is Brandon Stokely. What a breakout season for this guy, cant wait to see what his encore will be in his senior season next year.

Also, one other thing, with the TD last night, Green finished the season tied for 5th most recieving TDs in a season ever. Also, while Gautier broke Delhommes single season passing yards record, AND passing TD's record (all while he barely played in 2 games), he also had the 2nd most passing yards in a single game ever, AND accounted for the most offense from scrimmage ever with his 492 yards of total offense. Last night wasn't just a great night, it was HISTORICAL. These guys raised the bar.
    So many guys stepped up this year and contributed. Thats what made the season so successful. In past seasons we had one or two standout guys but they can't carry the team on their shoulders alone. The difference this year is we had so many guys contributing that they carried each other to a great season. Its easy for some of these guys contributions to get lost in all the excitement.

Thanks Will DVR it

Default Re: My feelings on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I posted this as my facebook status this morning and got alot of positive response so I thought i would share it here as well.

I know my place as a college football fan. I know the Cajuns will never contend for a National Championship and it would be a miracle to even sniff a BCS bowl apperance. To all of you that are LSU fans I honestly wish your team the best of luck on the 9th of January. However deep in my heart I know one thing, no matter if Miles or Saban holds the crystal football that night, no fan whether wearing purple or crimson will walk out of the superdome feeling more satisfied with what they experienced than I did last night. To be a Cajun is a special thing most will never understand, and I'm a Ragin Cajun for life. Geaux UL!
    I'm stealing that. Verbatim. Really good look at it.

Default 2011-12 Bowl Attendance watch

ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO- 91,245
    Chick-fil-A BOWL- 72,919
    TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL- 69,927
    MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS- 68,395
    CHAMPS SPORTS BOWL- 68,305
    DISCOVER ORANGE BOWL- 67,563
    VALERO ALAMO BOWL- 65,256
    ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL- 64,512
    CAPITAL ONE BOWL- 61,351
    TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL- 61,312
    BELK BOWL- 58,427
    AutoZone LIBERTY BOWL- 57,103
    BRIDGEPOINT EDUCATION HOLIDAY BOWL- 56,313
    Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl- 55,208
    INSIGHT BOWL- 54,247
    OUTBACK BOWL- 49,429
    HYUNDAI SUN BOWL- 48,123
    TICKETCITY BOWL- 46,817
    LITTLE CAESARS BOWL- 46,177

R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL- 42,841

AdvoCare V100 INDEPENDENCE BOWL- 41,728
    NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL- 38,328
    MAACO BOWL LAS VEGAS- 35,720
    SHERATON HAWAII BOWL- 32,630
    BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL- 30,258
    KRAFT FIGHT HUNGER BOWL- 29,878
    FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL- 28,078
    GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL- 25,762
    Military Bowl -- Pres. By Northrop Grumman- 25,042
    San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl- 24,607
    BEEF 'O' BRADY'S BOWL ST. PETERSBURG- 20,072

AT&T COTTON BOWL-

BBVA COMPASS BOWL-

GODADDY.com BOWL-

ALLSTATE BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME-

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls

Default Re: My feelings on the game

Ditto

15. Default Louisiana-Lafayette Coach Rusty Whitt Bleeds From Head, Stays on Sideline During

Louisiana-Lafayette strength and conditioning coach Rusty Whitt could be seen bleeding from his head on the sideline during the first quarter of the Ragin' Cajuns' victory. Whether the crazy coach was unaware or simply demonstrating how insane .

Page 26 of 88 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information