Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: 2002-2003 Basketball (Ragin'Cajuns)

UL Basketball Cajuns win 71-65

Cajuns pick up a big win in front a good crowd. Thanks to Guru for inviting me to the game, I had a great time. Look forward to the next one. GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!

Louisiana 71
    Middle Tennessee 65

Ragin' Cajuns CAJUNS win 71-65!!!

Michael Southall scores a season high 23 points and Brad Boyd comes off the bench to score 18. The CAJUNS were miserable from the foul line, but forced MT into 26(I think) turnovers. This win puts them in sole posession of first place in the Sun Belt Western Division.

WAY TO GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!

3. Default A picture of the games top 3 performers

Southall, Gunn, and the ref.

UL Basketball Southall Came to Play??

Sure he finished with 23 points on the night but to me it looked like he played a terrible game. He was by far the best or 2nd best athelete on the court last night. He could of had 46pts.

I just can not stand to see someone miss free throw after free throw. Also I would take a charging call over a block shot anyday. He was being lazy and not moving to cut off the shooter.

But what takes the cake was the technical foul for hanging on the rim. There is no excuse for that.

I just think the way he played on paper looks better than he played on the court.

:confused:

UL Basketball Re: Southall Came to Play??

ORIGINAL POST BY RaginCajun08
    I just think the way he played on paper looks better than he played on the court.

:confused:
    I think you are in serious need of a trip to Lens Crafters. The Big Cheese played a whale of a game! I guess you missed his mid court steal,and slam dunk that brought the dome down, or the stolen pass about 11 feet in the air, or that he fouled out their big men, or that they were hanging onto his arms when he tried to go up for a shot or the 5 blocked shots that were at give me range. Did you not see MT collapse three on him, giving everybody else easy shots. NO, NO he is horrible can't get those chargers. YES,YES!!!! He could make more free throws, but my friend that has nothing to do with effort, if it did there would be many,many more people hitting 70 plus percentage.

Ragin' Cajuns Allright you two!!!!

TAKE IT OUTSIDE!!!!

UL Basketball

you talking to me:o :confused:

8. Default

Originally posted by RaginCajun08
    Sure he finished with 23 points on the night but to me it looked like he played a terrible game. He was by far the best or 2nd best athlete on the court last night. He could of had 46pts.

I just can not stand to see someone miss free throw after free throw. Also I would take a charging call over a block shot anyday. He was being lazy and not moving to cut off the shooter.

But what takes the cake was the technical foul for hanging on the rim. There is no excuse for that.

Well I think the difference is you are comparing Southall to his potential and the “coming to play” reference was comparing Saturday to some of his previous outings.

I don’t think there is any doubt that Southall can do much greater things, I just prefer to look at what direction he is heading, rather than looking at where he is not.

9. UL Basketball Louisiana vs. North Texas

Two programs with almost opposite records. Cajuns should have no problem

10. UL Basketball Cajuns must take act on the road

Advertiser-Dan McDonald

LAFAYETTE — Louisiana's men's basketball squad, thanks in great part to what head coach Jessie Evans calls his team’s ability to close out games, now holds the eighth-longest home-court winning streak in the country.

The Cajuns rallied back — twice — for a 71-65 win over Middle Tennessee at home on Saturday, giving UL its 17th straight Cajundome victory. Evans said that performance and three straight Sun Belt wins have come at an important time.

“We’re facing one of our more critical weeks of the season,” he said. “We’re going on the road to play two very capable basketball teams. We’re going to find out where we’re at.”

The Cajuns (12-6, 4-1) will travel to meet North Texas (6-12, 1-5) on Thursday and will go from there to face surprising Denver (12-8, 4-2).

The rest of the story

UL Basketball Team at full force?

Is everbody well to play tonight? It would be great for team to be going in 100%.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No mention of anyone being at less than 100% in today's Advertiser.

13. Default UL puts first-place on line at UNT

Advertiser

DENTON, Texas — They’ve won four of their last six games on hostile courts, and a banked-in road three-pointer is the only thing between UL's men’s basketball team and a perfect Sun Belt Conference record.

But Ragin’ Cajun head coach Jessie Evans knows all that doesn’t matter a lot tonight when his squad opens a pivotal league swing at a place that hasn’t been particularly kind to the Cajuns.

UL (12-6, 4-1) puts first place in the league’s West Division on the line against North Texas (6-12, 1-5) in the first half of a weekend road trip. Tonight’s 7:05 contest will be followed by a Saturday 5 p.m. battle at surprising Denver — at 4-2 the Cajuns’ closest rivals in the West.

“This may be our most critical week of the season,” Evans said. “We’re playing two teams that have both played very well. North Texas has been in every game they’ve played.”

The rest of the story

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Louisiana vs. North Texas

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Turbine
    Two programs with almost opposite records. Cajuns should have no problem.>>>>>>>

Geeze, it was an ole' fashioned a** kickin'

Z.

Louisiana 89
    North Texas 58

oh yeah and our ladies beat theirs tonight as well. Broke their 8 game losing streak
    Lady Cajuns 58
    Lady Mean Green 57

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information