Thread: Sampy's Reception streak continues through 2nd All-Star Game

1. UL Football Sampy's Reception streak continues through 2nd All-Star Game

University of Louisiana wide receiver Bill Sampy is headed for another post-season all-star game.

The Carencro product, who finished his Ragin' Cajun career fifth among all-time UL receivers, accepted an invitation Thursday to play in the Las Vegas All-American Classic on Saturday, Jan. 14, at the Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas, Nev.

The fifth annual Classic will feature 110 collegiate seniors divided into East and West teams, mostly from I-A ranks.

Sampy, a four-year letterman for the Cajuns, played in the inaugural Magnolia Classic in Jackson, Miss., last Saturday. Darry Alton, the organizer of the Magnolia game, is the founder of the Las Vegas game.

"He (Alton) thought I did really well in the Magnolia," said Sampy, "and he called and asked me if I wanted to play in the Las Vegas game. It's another opportunity to show my abilities, and I'm guessing the competition will be better since it's after all the bowl games."

Sampy caught a 41-yard touchdown pass in the Magnolia game in helping his White team to a 17-9 victory. But he said the four days of practice prior to the game were more important to his future.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

2. UL Football Re: Sampy named to All-Star Game AGAIN

"When you can get seen in practice, that's the biggest thing.''
    It was just a regular UL practice that got Stamps a shot with Baltimore when they signed him two years ago.

I can only imagine how much it could help Sampy to be seen in TWO post season games.

Default Re: Sampy named to All-Star Game AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    It was just a regular UL practice that got Stamps a shot with Baltimore when they signed him two years ago.

I can only imagine how much it could help Sampy to be seen in TWO post season games.

You're dead on about that!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    Congrats to Bill! Well done! It's great to see another Ragin' Cajun getting some post-season interest. I hope he can capitalize on his opportunities. Best of luck, Bill! Represent us well!

What time is this game Saturday

6. Default Sampy gets one catch in latest All-Star contest

LAS VEGAS - Carencro and University of Louisiana product Bill Sampy had one catch for five yards and two punt returns for 35 yards, including one of 27 yards, Saturday during the Las Vegas All-American Classic all-star football game.

Sampy, who finished as the number five receiver in UL history, was playing in his second postseason all-star game. He had a touchdown in the Magnola Classic in Jackson, Miss., two weeks earlier.

The source of the story

Thread Information