Thread: Take the Sunbelt Coach of the Year poll

1. UL Football Take the Sunbelt Coach of the Year poll

LINK

May we suggest picking coach Bustle

ps 2 of my questions were answered in "Ask the Commissioner"(LINK)

Q Jon: Did you determine the Sun Belt Conference Champion(s) BEFORE extending the NO bowl invitation?

A Commissioner Waters: The New Orleans Bowl invitation is extended to the team that finishes first in the conference. We determine first in the case of a tie using a standard tie-breaker. If tied teams all have bowl opportunities, then the New Orleans Bowl Committee may choose their team but in no case will the first place finisher be left behind.

Q Jon: It seems to me that as a “Conference,” the final tier Sun Belt standings should come first irrespective of any subsequent bowl bids. Why doesn't the Sun Belt determine final tier standings (final hierarchy 1a, 1b, 1c) prior to presenting a representative to the New Orleans bowl?

A Commissioner Waters: Jon, If I understand your question correctly, we do determine a seeding or tiering, and then we present it to the bowl. Remember the bowl receives its revenue almost exclusively from three sources: Sun Belt, Conference USA and sponsorship.

Default Re: Take the Sunbelt Coach of the Year poll

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine

LINK

May we suggest picking coach Bustle

ps 2 of my questions were answered in "Ask the Commissioner"(LINK)

Q Jon: Did you determine the Sun Belt Conference Champion(s) BEFORE extending the NO bowl invitation?

A Commissioner Waters: The New Orleans Bowl invitation is extended to the team that finishes first in the conference. We determine first in the case of a tie using a standard tie-breaker. If tied teams all have bowl opportunities, then the New Orleans Bowl Committee may choose their team but in no case will the first place finisher be left behind.

Q Jon: It seems to me that as a “Conference,” the final tier Sun Belt standings should come first irrespective of any subsequent bowl bids. Why doesn't the Sun Belt determine final tier standings (final hierarchy 1a, 1b, 1c) prior to presenting a representative to the New Orleans bowl?

A Commissioner Waters: Jon, If I understand your question correctly, we do determine a seeding or tiering, and then we present it to the bowl. Remember the bowl receives its revenue almost exclusively from three sources: Sun Belt, Conference USA and sponsorship.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Default Re: Take the Sunbelt Coach of the Year poll

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    I think we can all say the same thing about every tired post you make.

Why don't you just leave?

Thread Information