Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth on Mullen on Mullen at Penn State

1. Default Hudspeth on Mullen on Mullen at Penn State

Hudspeth, a receivers coach for two seasons at MSU, left Starkville after the 2010 regular season and accepted the coaching job at Louisiana-Lafayette, where he’s led the Rajin’ Cajuns to eight wins and their first bowl berth in 41

Default Re: Hudspeth: Mullen 'would do a really good job' at Penn State

LOL. Of course he wants to put in a good word for Mullen.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    LOL. Of course he wants to put in a good word for Mullen.
    I guess it's time to start facing the music. Of all the people to replace that old fart. Why couldn't he have quit five years ago? How long ago did this suckage start? It seems like only yesterday we were arguing about HUD, Ole Miss, & Toolame. Now this crap?

Kyle. You should have been paying attention to what I've been saying. Penn State is our biggest enemy right now, Ole Miss is second.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Kyle. You should have been paying attention to what I've been saying. Penn State is our biggest enemy right now, Ole Miss is second.
    I was kind of out of pocket yesterday & Monday night with the Saints game. This BS just snuck up on me today. From what I can gleen it sounds like the folks in good old Starkvul are ready to pack the guy's moving van for him. I notice Johnnyboy hasn't been answering the board call either. From what I can gather without paying, it sounds like MSU is ready to roll out the red carpet tomorrow.

It's still not a done deal by any means and Mullen would look like a jerkoff if he took the PSU job considering how adamant he was to his players but if he were to take the job, MSU would immediately interview Mark Hudspeth and Manny Diaz. I think most of the fans prefer Hud.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    It's still not a done deal by any means and Mullen would look like a jerkoff if he took the PSU job considering how adamant he was to his players but if he were to take the job, MSU would immediately interview Mark Hudspeth and Manny Diaz. I think most of the fans prefer Hud.
    He evidently is a jerkoff & his players already know that. It sounds like the fans love HUD. How can they not? I just didn't think the Mullen rumors were true. I should have realized this afternoon that Millen wouldn't have come on painting such a pretty picture if it wasn't a done deal. All that crap he said about hurting recruiting. The best thing they could do for recruiting is jettison him out. This really REALLY SUCKS!

UL Football New Mullen Update

I read something interesting this morning.

Mississippi State received their first 5 star commitment since 2005. According to the recruit, Quay Evans, he was told by Mullen to not pay attention to the rumor mill. Possibly coach speak of course. "He told me (Wednesday night), 'I know you're hearing all this stuff about me,' " Evans said of Mullen. " 'I'm not going anywhere.' "

I don't believe I remember reading Hudspeth be so commited by saying "I'm not going anywere."

One of the issues that Mullen has spoke of, is the inability to pull better recruits. This may be a sign of his willingness to stay.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article.7/1079/RSS0202

Of course, we'll see how things play out, but could this be the shine of a positive light of Mullen not leaving? We shall see.

What say you raginpagin?

Default Re: New Mullen Update

I think it would benefit recruiting for Hud at UL if he did come out and say something like this.

This is good news. It sounds like Mullen has his internet warriors out fighting off the anti-Mullen warriors. I just hope they aren't still moving his furniture out of his house in Starvul.

11. Default Re: New Mullen Update

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I read something interesting this morning.

Mississippi State received their first 5 star commitment since 2005. According to the recruit, Quay Evans, he was told by Mullen to not pay attention to the rumor mill. Possibly coach speak of course. "He told me (Wednesday night), 'I know you're hearing all this stuff about me,' " Evans said of Mullen. " 'I'm not going anywhere.' "

I don't believe I remember reading Hudspeth be so commited by saying "I'm not going anywere."

One of the issues that Mullen has spoke of, is the inability to pull better recruits. This may be a sign of his willingness to stay.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article.7/1079/RSS0202

Of course, we'll see how things play out, but could this be the shine of a positive light of Mullen not leaving? We shall see.

What say you raginpagin?
    One of the ESPN analyst, and I do not know how big a recruit he was, said when he was being recruited to Ga Tech, Bobby Ross in a private conversation assured him he would be the coach for his entire college career. Ross left the very season he signed.

You, and everybody else needs to get this. Coaches lie period. Mullen to Penn State? Maybe, maybe not? If he is persuing the job and doe not get it, you better believe he wants all the high quality players he can get at MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I think it would benefit recruiting for Hud at UL if he did come out and say something like this.
    Agreed - makes me nervous that he hasn't said anything close to assuring that he's staying.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    One of the ESPN analyst, and I do not know how big a recruit he was, said when he was being recruited to Ga Tech, Bobby Ross in a private conversation assured him he would be the coach for his entire college career. Ross left the very season he signed.

You, and everybody else needs to get this. Coaches lie period. Mullen to Penn State? Maybe, maybe not? If he is persuing the job and doe not get it, you better believe he wants all the high quality players he can get at MSU.
    That's why I mentioned the possibility of coach speak; it will always be there

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

It sounds more like he was being drafted for the Penn St. job than persuing it.

Reminds me of a joke I once heard. This millionare bought a house in a swanky neighborhood with a huge swimming pool in his back yard. One night soon after he moved in he invited everyone in the subdivision to a party. Well, at the party he asked everyone to walk into the back yard. He opened a curtain to the pool & they had this 16' alligator in the pool. He figured he'd have a little fun with his guests so he offered the keys to his brand new Lamborghdini & a million dollars to anyone who would jump into the pool & swim to a ladder on the deep end with the gator in the pool.

About that time there was a splash & one of his neighbors was swimming like an olympian to the ladder & jumping out. Well the host was so impressed he goes over to the guy & ask him man you must really love Lamoghdinis, to which the guy said hell no. He then asked the guy if he needed the money that bad & he said that aint it either. The guy then said well what did he want for doing it, to which the man replied I want the name of the SOB who pushed me into the pool!

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl View Post
    Agreed - makes me nervous that he hasn't said anything close to assuring that he's staying.
    Another in agreement here! We drank the "program building" kool-aid.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information