Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting:

Default Re: ESPN reporitng:

Quote Originally Posted by coolcajun123 View Post
    ____ that!! Dont let him leave, he signed a contract Hold him to it. He started a job, he needs to finish it!! How does that look when you do a job for one year then bail out to go somewhere else Build your track record here to make your resume look better for a bigger job. Miss St is an SEC graveyard. Too hard to recruit there
    Contract or not, slavery was outlawed. The good news is there is (hopefully) a buyout to help with the next coaching search. Having said that, he may not even get the job; who knows. Whoever the Coach is next season, he will be paid well. This will help in the selection process if Hud does leave. I have faith in Farmer to find us another good one.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    How much is recruiting going to be hurt by all of this? How many recruits will be hesitant to sign here because of the uncertainty of how long Hud will be here? If he leaves, obviously we will lose some commitments, but even if he stays, will we lose some? And how many guys that are considering us now wont come because they dont have any idea who their coach will be over the next 4-5 years? I think that this is the worst part of all of this.
    It definitely isn't positive right now.

However if we weather this storm, I think it can be argued that recruiting is actually helped by having a coach who is sought after. It means the coach will have respect and fringe SEC talent will feel comfortable latching onto a "big name" at a small school.

I dunno, I'm prolly reaching here

Ragin' Cajuns Re: ESPN reporitng:

Quote Originally Posted by coolcajun123 View Post
    ____ that!! Dont let him leave, he signed a contract Hold him to it. He started a job, he needs to finish it!! How does that look when you do a job for one year then bail out to go somewhere else Build your track record here to make your resume look better for a bigger job. Miss St is an SEC graveyard. Too hard to recruit there
    Not harder than recruiting for UL, particularly since most of HUD'S recruits have come from Mississippi!! If State wants HUD, go right ahead, and MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT!!!

And, the one guy who could put all the rumors to rest? Well he hasn't come out publicly to do anything

Oh wait, he did. He came out publicly to say he pulled his name out of the running at Ole Miss. Speaks volumes.

I don't think it hurts us any at all. Let's face it. There are coaches in bowl games & coaches getting fired. In several cases there are coaches in bowl games getting fired. Either your coach is getting fired, on the hot seat, or rumored to be leaving for another job somewhere else. Is there anything in between anymore? I mean let's face it. With the exception of very few coaches any more, that's the way it is.

How much is recruiting going to be hurt by all of this? How many recruits will be hesitant to sign here because of the uncertainty of how long Hud will be here? If he leaves, obviously we will lose some commitments, but even if he stays, will we lose some? And how many guys that are considering us now wont come because they dont have any idea who their coach will be over the next 4-5 years? I think that this is the worst part of all of this.

Default Re: The main school we need to worry about right now is Penn State

Mullen aint going anywhere. Why would you leave an SEC school to go to a big 10 school? PSU will look at rutgers head coach or boston college head coach. They know the area to recruit better. Mullen has it too good at MSU

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Not harder than recruiting for UL, particularly since most of HUD'S recruits have come from Mississippi!! If State wants HUD, go right ahead, and MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT!!!
    One of the articles said we also need to be worried about Hud going with Mullen to Penn State to be a co-ordinator. As much as losing him to another mid-major would suck, losing him to a job as an assistant would really be tough to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I don't think it hurts us any at all. Let's face it. There are coaches in bowl games & coaches getting fired. In several cases there are coaches in bowl games getting fired. Either your coach is getting fired, on the hot seat, or rumored to be leaving for another job somewhere else. Is there anything in between anymore? I mean let's face it. With the exception of very few coaches any more, that's the way it is.
    True

One of the articles said we also need to be worried about Hud going with Mullen to Penn State to be a co-ordinator. As much as losing him to another mid-major would suck, losing him to a job as an assistant would really be tough to take.
    I highly doubt that. Why would he leave for an OC position when he is already on a short list for Head coaching gigs?

That article also said if HUD leaves most if not all of his assistants would follow. That would be tough to overcome. Start from a clean slate again?!?

He's tasted the good life now! There is no need for him to take an OC job now; he will be readying himself for his SEC gig right here!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I highly doubt that. Why would he leave for an OC position when he is already on a short list for Head coaching gigs?
    OCs at bigtime schools make WAY more than he is making, and seeing that he wasnt OC at Miss State, he could see that as a better springboard to a bigtime HC position. Im not saying Im buying that he would leave to be an OC, but there is at least a bit of logic to it.

Default Re: The main school we need to worry about right now is Penn State

Tony Dungy is prob the main guy to take it

Relax guys. My comment was made partly in jest. Anyone who says they aren't the least bit worried about Mullen going to PSU, and the prospects of Hud being high on the MSU list are kidding yourselves. There are waaay too many variables in all of this, but I was much more comfortable with him interviewing at Ole Miss than I am with the idea of him possibly being a candidate (if Mullen is hired away) at his "dream school."

OCs at bigtime schools make WAY more than he is making, and seeing that he wasnt OC at Miss State, he could see that as a better springboard to a bigtime HC position. Im not saying Im buying that he would leave to be an OC, but there is at least a bit of logic to it.
    You're right about the money part, but the step down to an OC from a mid-major school with a winning program just doesn't look good on a resume . it makes you think "can he not handle the pressure?".

I just don't see that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information