Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: ESPN reporting:

Default Re: ESPN reporting:

Why is Johnboy not commenting on any of this? Doesn't he have close ties to miss st? I may be wrong

Default Re: ESPN reporitng:

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    One of the articles said we also need to be worried about Hud going with Mullen to Penn State to be a co-ordinator. As much as losing him to another mid-major would suck, losing him to a job as an assistant would really be tough to take.
    That is not going to happen. He wouldn't go anywhere with Mullen. Take that to the bank.

i think people have a deep misunderstanding of hud and mullen's relationship.

4. UL Football Re: The main school we need to worry about right now is Penn State

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    urban meyer wasnt even coaching when all the crap went down at ohio state but he sure spent half the press conference talking about it. Kids getting raped in the showers will not just go away, sorry dont think so
    Not going to effecet recruiting now, or the future. Penn State will endure, victims will be compesated, and coach will be in jail. Bowls, television, all are part of Penn State. Penn State is not falling of the map. MSU is not yet on a map. Mullin would leap into Penn State for very little net money over the next couple of years. Designate a large portion of his contract to a victim fund.

Most Penn State commits are still waiting and have not recanted.

I hope Mullin stays, Hud stays and we have a great next three or four years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That is not going to happen. It wouldn't go anywhere with Mullen. Take that to the bank.
    "It" meaning Hud? And if so, is there some kind of bad blood between the 2 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    i think people have a deep misunderstanding of hud and mullen's relationship.
    It seems so doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    What point are you trying to make after saying "Let's face it." I just see you talking in circles after that on obvious generalization.

The fact is It would devastate our chances of attaining the current recruits and even some of the current players. to think it wouldn't have a negative affect is just trying to play ignorant to the fact that it would.

Unless they follow up with someone who has just as much of a GO GET attitude as Hud. but again I Give Hudspeth more credit as a human being. I think he will build a dynasty here because he sees the true potential and won't just jump at any chance because he knows eventually he will build this program exactly to something better without having to leave again. His name will Last much longer for Building a program that traditionally loses into one that becomes an eventual traditionally winning program rather than the guy that brought this team to a bowl game once just to be a stepping stone.
    I think you are misreading my post. It was in response to a question about HUD's name being in the rumor mill in general & the effect that would have on recruiting, not about him actually accepting another coaching job.

Edit: To my knowledgde HUD has not accepted another coaching position & until he does it is fruitless to worry over the devasting affects to the school.

8. Default

"It" meaning Hud? And if so, is there some kind of bad blood between the 2 of them?
    I can't speak for CajunT (and I know you are just asking) but that might be reading too much in the opposite direction.

Thats so true. What if next year, we suffer the rash of injuries we had in 2010, have a couple of breaks not go our way, and end up 5-7 (or God forbid, worse)? Im sure Hud wouldnt be the "golden boy" that it seems he may be right now. I dont know about any of you, but passing up life-changing money for anybody (especially younger guys with families and young children) isnt something that would be easy to do. I think your "strike while the iron is hot" is very telling.

It comes down to what I used to say to my LSU fan friends who were ____ed when Saban left there. If you remove your "fandom" emotions, and put yourself in that guy's place, what would you do? And almost every one of them (again, especially the ones with young families) changed their tunes.
    The main reason why there were so many injuries in 2010 is cause the players were so poorly conditioned during the off season and regular season. If you don't work your body to the fullest to prepare yourself then your body will not be prepared for the punishment it is about to ensue. The previous Strength and Conditioning Coach did not take it to the level that the current Strength and Conditioning Coach did and there was also a lack of motivation to get it to that point, and that goes along way in relation to all the injuries and lack of success in the 2nd half of football games. That rash of injuries happened for a reason, and that reason wasnt cause we were unlucky.

BTW This university claims to be the largest Public Catholic University?? but yet so many are saying to sell your soul to jump on an opportunity to break countless promises made to a whole community in order to better yourself. Monetarily that would be good. But monetary value does not last as long as Spiritual Value and shows the true strength of a person in my opinion.

I guess I look at the world on a different level. mehthat and I've always been relatively poor haha

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't speak for CajunT but that might be reading too much in the opposite direction.
    Probably so; I would take it as they sure didn't talk turkey over Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I think you are misreading my post. It was in response to a question about HUD's name being in the rumor mill in general & the effect that would have on recruiting, not about him actually accepting another coaching job.

Edit: To my knowledgde HUD has not accepted another coaching position & until he does it is fruitless to worry over the devasting affects to the school.
    Gotcha, Yea in that case I think it matters on what action he takes on the rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't speak for CajunT (and I know you are just asking) but that might be reading too much in the opposite direction.
    Well he made the point that Hud would not go anywhere with Mullen and that we could "take that to the bank". Why would he never work with him again, ever, if it was because they had such a great relationship? Maybe I'm missing something, but what you are saying, and what he said dont add up. Not that its any of my business

I think Hud has done a great job. And, I think he will do a great job next year for UL. I don't pretend to be an expert in these things, so I will ask a question. Other than Tennessee, does anybody know of a time when a coach with one year of head coaching experience in what is generally considered to be the weakest FCBS conference, who has never served as a coordinator at a major school, and who came in third in this weakest of all conferences, has been offered a head coaching position at an AQ conference school?

Hiring a new coach is always a high risk proposition. There are way too many variables to ever be certain. But, it does seem to me that you want to minimize your chance of being wrong by hiring someone that has a lengthier resume of "big time" success than does Hud. I believe we have him for at least two and very likely three years before he is offered at an AQ conference school.

Of the openings or potential openings available, the one I worry about is if Southenr Miss became available. Going from UL to a school that size would be a normal and expected advancement, though again his having been a HC for only one year is a problem. I don't see UAB as a possibility, That school is a graveyard and I've seen nothing that the administration can or is willing to do what it takes to get better. If Tulane or Memphis are not serious about getting better, I can't see Hud going their. If they are serious, and want to prove it to their supporters (read fatcats), they will need to bring in someone with more successful experience than Hud.

Again, this is not a knock on Hud. Next year, or certainly the year after that is the most we can expect if he continues his success of this year. I just think it's too soon for a "big" program to come after him.

Default Re: The main school we need to worry about right now is Penn State

Michigan's coach will walk in right behind that poor sap, and say to the kid's Mom. 'You know PSU pays that guy $4MM a year, but makes poor abused kids sue them to get a nickel. Do you want your child at a place like that?'

Quote Originally Posted by raginWaldo View Post
    The main reason why there were so many injuries in 2010 is cause the players were so poorly conditioned during the off season and regular season. If you don't work your body to the fullest to prepare yourself then your body will not be prepared for the punishment it is about to ensue. The previous Strength and Conditioning Coach did not take it to the level that the current Strength and Conditioning Coach did and there was also a lack of motivation to get it to that point, and that goes along way in relation to all the injuries and lack of success in the 2nd half of football games. That rash of injuries happened for a reason, and that reason wasnt cause we were unlucky.

BTW This university claims to be the largest Public Catholic University?? but yet so many are saying to sell your soul to jump on an opportunity to break countless promises made to a whole community in order to better yourself. Monetarily that would be good. But monetary value does not last as long as Spiritual Value and shows the true strength of a person in my opinion.

I guess I look at the world on a different level. mehthat and I've always been relatively poor haha
    I was just pointing out that things could happen. Even the most conditioned athletes in the world get injured. It may not have been unlucky last year, but it could be next year. It was just a "what if" scenario.

As far as the spiritual stuff, I can see your point (I dont really like to or care to get into a religious conversation), but I also know that the vast majority of people, religious or not, that have families and jobs, usually have said jobs to support said families. And also that a vast majority are always going to try to better said job (ie, financial compensation) in order to better the lives of said families.

If somebody called you and offered you a 150% pay increase to do the same job that you are currently doing, what would you say?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information