Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Losing Hud to another Mid Major Unacceptable

Default Losing Hud to another Mid Major Unacceptable

If we lose Hud after one season to Ole Miss from the SEC it would be disappointing but totally understandable. It would be a great opportunity for him and his family. However after reading the DA this AM if we lose Hud to Memphis or Tulame or any other mid major after one year I would be p____ed. Not only at Hud for being a one and done but also at the administration for letting that happen. We need to do whatever it takes to make sure we don't lose him to another Mid Maj.

Default Re: Losing Hud to another Mid Major Unacceptable

I believe that is why Mr Farmer has already announced a raise. Memphis and Tulane are open and neither are very good jobs. While he could make more money at Memphis. it doesn't support the team. Same with Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    If we lose Hud after one season to Ole Miss from the SEC it would be disappointing but totally understandable. It would be a great opportunity for him and his family. However after reading the DA this AM if we lose Hud to Memphis or Tulame or any other mid major after one year I would be p____ed. Not only at Hud for being a one and done but also at the administration for letting that happen. We need to do whatever it takes to make sure we don't lose him to another Mid Maj.
    We need to remember that the State of Louisiana only allows about $250,000 to be spent on the salary of the coach. Anything above that will have to come from we the fans (via the RCAF). How bad do WE want to keep HUD? The balance we put in the RCAF checkbook will determine what amount of money Scott Farmer has to work with!

Southern Miss might come open.pray this doesn't happen.

Agreed. He has come in here and promoted us as being a hidden gem. His message is that together we can build this program to reach its full potential. Him going to another non AQ school now would be him turning his back on us and not following through on what he promoted.

I probably didn't state that quite how I wanted to, but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    We need to remember that the State of Louisiana only allows about $250,000 to be spent on the salary of the coach. Anything above that will have to come from we the fans (via the RCAF). How bad do WE want to keep HUD? The balance we put in the RCAF checkbook will determine what amount of money Scott Farmer has to work with!
    Raise ticket prices $20 per seat. Call it an RCAF surcharge (I believe this is how LSU does it). Use that money to pay the salary increase as a salary supplement from RCAF.

And if our fans are going to whine about a$20 increase then we need to hang it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Raise ticket prices $20 per seat. Call it an RCAF surcharge (I believe this is how LSU does it). Use that money to pay the salary increase as a salary supplement from RCAF.

And if our fans are going to whine about a$20 increase then we need to hang it up.
    I don't have a problem with that at all!

Hmmm raising ticket prices by $20 at one time may turn away the fans that go to the games just to hang out with friends. I think $10 this year would make more sense. At 30k a game 10 extra dollars with 6 home games. You do the math. Throw that money at HUD and he would think twice about leaving just for money. Wait.did you mean $20 a seat for a season ticket or per game?

The RCAF is not big enough yet to fund a bigtime salary by relying on everybody chipping in an extra $20.

However, there are enough people in Acadiana who are members of the RCAF with DEEP, DEEP, pockets. They can fund a seven figure salary if they wanted.

I know one guy who could do it by himself and not lose a wink of sleep about it.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

"I supported UL through all the terrible years of football, and after ONE stinkin' year of success they want to stick it to me on tickets??? This is an outrage!!"
    Signed,
    A bunch of grumpy old men.

Mark my words there will be backlash from whiners and cheapos alike. But we should do it anyway.

If they wine about ticket prices whats next?

Whining about uniforms?

Whining about what the band plays?

Hahah rabble rabble.what musical selection will the band have prepared for the bowl. and will they play through out the huddle till we snap the ball? so the nation can watch how awesome that sounds lol Oh I hope we wear all white. Tickets should go up $10 this year and $2-$5 per winning season until they reach $40-$50. If you slowly do it. the masses won't complain too much. hell the government does it with our taxes. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Hmmm raising ticket prices by $20 at one time may turn away the fans that go to the games just to hang out with friends. I think $10 this year would make more sense. At 30k a game 10 extra dollars with 6 home games. You do the math. Throw that money at HUD and he would think twice
    about leaving just for money. Wait.did
    you mean $20 a seat for a season ticket
    or per game?
    So we want to keep HUD, outbid other mid major conferences but we don't want to raise ticket prices that would accomplish this? Our ticket prices rival what a high school charges and we are trying to compete with on arch larger scale. It seems there are always people who want everything without having to pay for it.

The big boys win National Championships and charge you $50-100/ticket, plus handling fees, athletic foundation fees, etc And we can't come up with an extra $10/ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    The big boys win National Championships and charge you $50-100/ticket, plus handling fees, athletic foundation fees, etc And we can't come up with an extra $10/ticket?
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    So we want to keep HUD, outbid other mid major conferences but we don't want to raise ticket prices that would accomplish this? Our ticket prices rival what a high school charges and we are trying to compete with on arch larger scale. It seems there are always people who want everything without having to pay for it.
    Read my post. I agree with an extra $10 a ticket. What I said was adding $20 a ticket all at once will chase off some of the fairweather fans.

And no I don't want anything for free. I understand our product on the field is DIRECTLY related to the money put into program, which is why I buy season tickets and donate to RCAF. But $20 a ticket all at once would not be a smart business move
    Imo. However I a have an engineering degree from UL not a business degree so.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information