Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 2005 NewOrleans Bowl USM-31 ASU-19

Default 2005 NewOrleans Bowl USM-31 ASU-19

I would like to ask all UL fans to boycott the N.O. Bowl because of the ridiculous rule that is keeping UL from having a chance to play.

Default Re: Boycott the N.O. "Toilet" Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    I would like to ask all UL fans to boycott the N.O. Bowl because of the ridiculous rule that is keeping UL from having a chance to play.

And what rule is that wingnut?

Can't blame Arkansas State for getting the job done. We should have beat FAU. We should no doubt be in the New Orleans Bowl, but the Cajuns caught on late. The Cajuns just need to STOP Monroe from coming down here. They better not even give up. We've got 5,000 plus from Lafayette supporting the Cajuns. Now is not the time to give up. 6-5 gives us a winning season. We'll be fine. We have a team now.

Are you kidding? We need to fill Cajun Field to make the Sunbelt and Lafayette look good. A boycott because our team didn't get in is just stupid. I can't put it any other way. I'm sure us boycotting a bowl game in our hometown will REALLY help us get into a higher caliber conference! Not! I know everyone is disappointed that Ark. State won, but let's not lose focus on the long term best interest for UL.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Are you kidding? We need to fill Cajun Field to make the Sunbelt and Lafayette look good. A boycott because our team didn't get in is just stupid. I can't put it any other way. I'm sure us boycotting a bowl game in our hometown will REALLY help us get into a higher caliber conference! Not! I know everyone is disappointed that Ark. State won, but let's not lose focus on the long term best interest for UL.
    I say we show up in our Cajuns shirts. Plus. a great turnout can give us a future option at hosting a bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    Can't blame Arkansas State for getting the job done. We should have beat FAU. We should no doubt be in the New Orleans Bowl, but the Cajuns caught on late. The Cajuns just need to STOP Monroe from coming down here. They better not even give up. We've got 5,000 plus from Lafayette supporting the Cajuns. Now is not the time to give up. 6-5 gives us a winning season. We'll be fine. We have a team now.
    No the blame is the SBC's. UL is eliminated because ULM lost a non-conference game? Thats the worst rule I've ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    I agree 100%. This bowl game is in our back yard & we need to support the game. This is our chance to show the nation that we are a class act.

Our future is very bright! Winning season this year with a lot of tallent still remaining.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

I'm alittle in the dark. Can omeone explain teh rule that is keeping the Cajuns out of a bowl game for me?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFanatic91
    I'm alittle in the dark. Can omeone explain teh rule that is keeping the Cajuns out of a bowl game for me?
    It's not really a "rule". It's the tie-breaker procedures. With a win tonight, the Cajuns will be in a 3-way tie for the SBC championship. ULM with a loss will drop to 5-6 and is not eligible for a bowl. Then UL and ASU are tied, with the Cajuns losing out on the head-to-head (having lost to ASU). Thus ASU will be in the NO Bowl and the Cajuns in the No Bowl!

I really don't see anything wrong with that. Would it be fair to let UL Lafayette in after losing to Arkansas State?

It makes sense to me. 5-2 and 5-2 who gets the tie breaker? Arkansas State over UL Lafayette.

Arkansas St. vs CUSA Team (rumored to be Memphis) = Lotta Empty Seats Bowl

Isn't there still a small chance UL Lafayette could sneak in another bowl with conferences like the SEC not having enough eligible teams?

Quote Originally Posted by craigdm
    Lotta Empty Seats Bowl
    Acadiana needs to back this bowl 110%. We all need to do our part and fill the seats. Friends & I just bought 8 seats via ticketmaster.

It's not a rule that kept Louisiana out, it was losing at home to FAU and in Jonesboro to ASU.

Boycotting would be a smart move given that there are already people around the Sun Belt who think the community will support the game and hope that eventually the Sun Belt will send teams to a bowl in New Orleans and to another bowl in Lafayette.

Don't turn out and we can stay a bowl league. Then if this happens again, you can complain about the tie-breaker rule instead of wondering which game you'll be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan
    It's not a rule that kept Louisiana out, it was losing at home to FAU and in Jonesboro to ASU.
    You are correct. It is the team that takes care of business that goes to the bowl game. I believe that we should have beat you guys earlier this year in Jonesboro BUT we did not. So I can not do anything but go to the New Orleans Bowl and pull for the Sun Belt Representative.

Good Luck to Arkansas State in the New Orleans Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08
    You are correct. It is the team that takes care of business that goes to the bowl game. I believe that we should have beat you guys earlier this year in Jonesboro BUT we did not. So I can not do anything but go to the New Orleans Bowl and pull for the Sun Belt Representative.

Good Luck to Arkansas State in the New Orleans Bowl!
    RaginCajun08 that is a classy post.i agree with you 100 percent.we didn't take care of business earlier in the season.also just bought 5 ticketswill be there to support the conference.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information