Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2005 NewOrleans Bowl USM-31 ASU-19

1. Default Re: Boycott the N.O. "Toilet" Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS
    RaginCajun08 that is a classy post.i agree with you 100 percent.we didn't take care of business earlier in the season.also just bought 5 ticketswill be there to support the conference.
    It's understandible that most of you guys don't like us. But now it's SBC -vs- CUSA.
    It would help the appearance of our conference, for you guys to attend the game, and help give us a 'home field' advantage.
    I really hope our opponent is Memphis. We always give them a good game, and have been a thorn in their side since 1975. I seriously doubt that we'll embarrass the SBC against this team.

Default Re: Boycott the N.O. "Toilet" Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    I really don't see anything wrong with that. Would it be fair to let UL Lafayette in after losing to Arkansas State?

It makes sense to me. 5-2 and 5-2 who gets the tie breaker? Arkansas State over UL Lafayette.
    In a true 3 team tie breaker, one must look at all 3 teams "in conference play" and go to through the right steps to break the tie. The tie breaker is usually done by match ups against conference foes in the order of final standings. Since ASU, ULM, and UL all bet one another, then you go to the fourth place team which I believe is MT. UL and ULM both beat MT but ASU lost to them. This would eliminate ASU. If ULM would have won the tie breaker which they would not have, then eliminate them and continue the process.

In this senerio, UL would have won the tie breaker.

I think the conference did not think this one completely through.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08
    You are correct. It is the team that takes care of business that goes to the bowl game. I believe that we should have beat you guys earlier this year in Jonesboro BUT we did not. So I can not do anything but go to the New Orleans Bowl and pull for the Sun Belt Representative.

Good Luck to Arkansas State in the New Orleans Bowl!
    Hey "08",
    Didn't see you at the game in Monroe today. You usually travel to games this closewhat gives??

UL Football Re: Boycott the N.O. "Toilet" Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Are you kidding? We need to fill Cajun Field to make the Sunbelt and Lafayette look good. A boycott because our team didn't get in is just stupid. I can't put it any other way. I'm sure us boycotting a bowl game in our hometown will REALLY help us get into a higher caliber conference! Not! I know everyone is disappointed that Ark. State won, but let's not lose focus on the long term best interest for UL.
    I agree, and will be at the game, just do not know if as many of my family will go. School night and NOT UL, kids and wife will be at home more than likely. Now maybe I am wrong and I certainly would not mind if they too wanted to come.

Support the League we now play in, Geaux to the New Orleans Bowl!!

DaddyCajun

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstfan
    It's not a rule that kept Louisiana out, it was losing at home to FAU and in Jonesboro to ASU.

Boycotting would be a smart move given that there are already people around the Sun Belt who think the community will support the game and hope that eventually the Sun Belt will send teams to a bowl in New Orleans and to another bowl in Lafayette.

Don't turn out and we can stay a bowl league. Then if this happens again, you can complain about the tie-breaker rule instead of wondering which game you'll be in.
    Dont sweat it The community will turn out Congratulations on doing what you had to do.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    I would like to ask all UL fans to boycott the N.O. Bowl because of the ridiculous rule that is keeping UL from having a chance to play.
    Would it change the result? No. It would just hurt the community. Go to the game. Make it a good showing. Cheer for stAte. Win decisively next year. It's not a rule that is keeping us from going, it is two conference losses. I think the rule is logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Dont sweat it The community will turn out Congratulations on doing what you had to do.

Z.
    Hey, Z, nice job cheering on the good guys! I think I heard you yelling at the ref on that turnover early in the 3rd quarter! lol I could definitely hear the Cajun supporters quite a lot on the broadcast. BOP estimated the Cajun contingent at 2500-3000. Wish I could've been there too!

ASU-Memphis is a good game

geographically they are not to far apart, surprised its not a natural rivalry

DeAngelo Williams will be the best back to play in Cajun Field since Fenroy.

Fenroy vs Williams wouldda been a gold mine

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    Hey "08",
    Didn't see you at the game in Monroe today. You usually travel to games this closewhat gives??
    I was not going to the game without the little Cajun fan. I went to Monroe the last 2 years with out her & everyone remembers the outcomes. With all the rain that was predicted, I figured it would be a safer bet for us to stay home and have a party here at my house. I guess the safe bet payed off.

Default a message from an astate fan

thanks for beating the tar outta those wanna be injuns yesterday and i know you guys won't be going to the N.O bowl but like i posted on the sunbelt board i wanted to post this on ya'lls board as well. i just wanted to point out there are at least 4 bowls that has no automatic conference tie because the certain conferences can't produce teams. some of these bowls are:

Houston Bowl: (Sec doesn't have team to send)
    Music City Bowl: (again SEC doesn't have team to send)
    Motor City Bowl: (No Big Ten team to send)
    Emerald City Bowl: (no Pac-10 team to send)

with that being said, as of right now it still seems you guys have a decent chance for a possible bowl bid. good luck!

GO TRIBE!!

11. Default Re: a message from an astate fan

Quote Originally Posted by TOMAHAWKBLUES

with that being said, as of right now it still seems you guys have a decent chance for a possible bowl bid.
    Never say never, huh?

Thanks to your post, for a brief moment in time I feel a tad better.

Default Re: a message from an astate fan

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Never say never, huh?

Thanks to your post, for a brief moment in time I feel a tad better.
    Out of all the bowls the Houston Bowl looks pretty good to me. I could drive there.

thanks for beating the tar outta those wanna be injuns yesterday and i know you guys won't be going to the N.O bowl but like i posted on the sunbelt board i wanted to post this on ya'lls board as well. i just wanted to point out there are at least 4 bowls that has no automatic conference tie because the certain conferences can't produce teams. some of these bowls are:

with that being said, as of right now it still seems you guys have a decent chance for a possible bowl bid. good luck!

GO TRIBE!!
    Houston Bowl already invited TCU. they are waiting on the Big12 to finish.
    The higher regarded mid-majors are overflowing with bowl eligible teams. UL has no chance at a bowl. Would be nice, but sorry.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

GO TRIBE!!
    Thanks for the thought. We dont have a shot.

Good luck in Lafayette

Z.

GO TRIBE!!

Music City Bowl Is that held in Nashville? Boy that would be a good excuse to party with some Blue Raider friends.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information