Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Macy's Parade ( video )

ooh LA La. Macy's Parade ( video )

I saw the Pride of Louisiana, err Acadiana, on TV this morning on NBC. Katie Couric & Matt Lauer introduced them as the Pride of Acadiana from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. When they showed the band, the screen said:

UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA
    Lafayette, Louisiana

That looked really great! The band looked & sounded good, too. When they showed the band marching off, it looked like a pretty large band. That was nice to see as well. They did us all proud! Great job!

picture inserted later
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Re: Macy's Parade

2005 MACY's DAY PARADE
    allow load time
    Duration 1:10

• ooh LA La. UL band strolls Manhattan in tune

The University of Louisiana's Pride of Acadiana marching band whipped up a frenzy among onlookers along the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route as cheers of "Go Louisiana" were shouted from both local fans and foreign admirers.

UL marching band director Brian Taylor said it appeared as though the band was among the most popular of the performers.

"It was wonderful. We got an incredible amount of crowd response," he said.

Justin Benoit, a tuba player, said the reception was nearly unbelievable.
    "The positive attitude of all the fans today was just great. People were chanting, 'Go Louisiana. We love you.' It was really nice," Benoit said.

"It was the loudest crowd I've ever played for," said Michael Muller, who plays the trombone. "Everybody was for us. Whenever we finished a song, they'd all clap, despite the fact that we played the same thing over and over and over again. It was really cool."

Muller said he could spot the Ragin' Cajun fans in the crowd, but the New Yorkers cheered for them as well.

It was the fans who made the march bearable as temperatures hovered in the low 20s throughout the parade.

The rest of the story

Jason Brown
    jbrown@theadvertiser.com

Marsha Sills contributed

Default Re: Macy's Parade

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    pride of arcadiana?

Default Re: Macy's Parade ( video )

You should have heard the announcer that introduced us at the beginning of the parade...he called us "The Pride of Academia."

So now, UL is the Harvard of marching bands I guess.

Thanks for the video, Turbine...we haven't been able to see it yet...posting on a break from visiting the city on our free day off. Thanks for all the support guys, it's been a blast representing the school like this so far.

• Default Re: Macy's Parade ( video )

Good clip, any way I could get a copy downloaded?
    My son is in the band and would probably like a copy.

SLII 1901-1921 Re: Macy's Parade ( video )

Really cool! Though "Arcadiana"? Oh well, otherwise a good introduction.

This is so COOL Re: Macy's Parade ( video )

Thanks for the video Turbine, believe it or not, Direct TV in Bailey's Harbor, WI (the site of my thanksgiving vacation) did NOT have NBC on it's basic service. Damn fartknockers!!!! Anyhoo, the clip was outstanding, and the band sounded GREAT! This is awesome exposure for UL and the band represented us very well. Oh yeah, I REALLY liked how they listed us as University of Louisiana on the TV.

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless

• Default UL band loved New York

Musicians are glad to be home ->

The threat of rain loomed overhead Saturday afternoon, but that didn't dampen the spirits of the University of Louisiana marching band, which returned to Lafayette on Sunday after performing Thursday in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Kelly Derouen, a clarinet player in the band, said the hectic pace of New York City was definitely different from South Louisiana.

"It was really busy all the time," she said. "It was also very cold."

Derouen said performing in the parade was one of the highlights of her college experience.

"The parade was really exciting," she said. "There was a lot of people there, which made it kind of nerve-racking, but it was a lot of fun."

Trumpet player Walter Zenon said the experience was "amazing."

"What was really fun was waiting and seeing all these huge balloons in person that you usually just see on TV," he said. "It's really a lot of fun."

Zenon said he also was struck by the amount of activity in the city.

"It's very big, and there's a lot to do," he said. "You could never get bored there. I wish we could have spent another day there just to do a little more, like sightseeing and stuff."

The rest of the story

Amanda McElfresh
    amcelfresh@theadvertiser.com

• ooh LA La. Macy's Parade/Today Show DVD

If anyone is interested, I have compiled a dvd of the Today Show appearance as well as the Macy's Day Parade appearance by the Pride of Acadiana Marching Band. PM me if interested in a copy. I will provide this for free to anyone that wants to send a blank dvd and a self addressed stamped envelope. Not looking to make a buck, just share this proud moment for all Ragin Cajuns!

BTW, the UL press release I got emailed mentioned some band members would appear on the Rita Cosby show on MSNBC. I tivo'd that episode on Wednesday night but saw no such appearances by band members. Was this aired on another night? In closing, what's the deal with Rita Cosby? That's quite a voice she has!

Take care!
    Tom

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Macy's Parade/Today Show DVD

Quote Originally Posted by tjubb
    If anyone is interested, I have compiled a dvd of the Today Show appearance as well as the Macy's Day Parade appearance by the Pride of Acadiana Marching Band. PM me if interested in a copy. I will provide this for free to anyone that wants to send a blank dvd and a self addressed stamped envelope. Not looking to make a buck, just share this proud moment for all Ragin Cajuns!

BTW, the UL press release I got emailed mentioned some band members would appear on the Rita Cosby show on MSNBC. I tivo'd that episode on Wednesday night but saw no such appearances by band members. Was this aired on another night? In closing, what's the deal with Rita Cosby? That's quite a voice she has!

Take care!
    Tom
    there was a conflict with the show. our timetable was out so they had to cancell the appearance. sorry

Interested in DVD. Please sent address to forward blank DVD and forwarding envelop.

What's up Tom! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season. Neal

• Default Re: Macy's Parade/Today Show DVD

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    What's up Tom! Hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season. Neal
    Hey Neal! All is well up here in Virginia! 60 degrees and sunny, can't beat that as we head into December! Had 3 inches of snow on Thanksgiving Eve but it all melted within a few hours as we haven't had anything close to freeezing temps yet.

Hope you are doing well too! Pulling for the Hokies this weekend in a big way! Sorry to see the Cajuns get eeked out of a bowl. I watched the ULM game on ESPN Plus on the net over the weekend, that was fun.

Happy Holidays to all!

Tom

• Default Re: Macy's Parade ( video )

Make the Pride of Acadiana, the Pride of Louisiana.

Macy's Day Favorite Band Poll

http://www.marching.com/

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information