Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opponent: Last call for a bowl

Default Re: Opponent: Get Ready UL Weatherbie has Indians primed

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    postgame, I emailed that numbskull and gave him a piece of my mind. Dude has to have been hiding under a UL-Dumbroe duck stand in the woods when he failed to know about or respect our two QB's who are way better than Jyles, and our running game which is tops in the SBC.

God Bless
    So did I. I started a thread about his article. Here's the link to my thread.

https://forumeus.com/sh.ad.php?t=9301

Default Re: Remember Mr. Letlow's article?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun
    Remember the article that Paul Letlow wrote and was published in our paper and in the News Star? Well, I thought that I would have a little fun with him. Here's my email that I sent him.

Dear Mr. Letlow,

I just wanted to write to you concerning an article that your wrote on 11/25/05 labeled, "Weatherbie Way will pay off with bowl". Just in case that you have forgotten it, here's a link.

Link:
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.39/1006/NEWS17

There's one particular quote that caught my eye. "Stick around and enjoy the drama. The celebration at the end will be worth it. "

So, did you stick around at the end and enjoy the Cajuns' celebration? I bet it was definitely worth it. Have a nice day.

Regards,

Mike T.

I know that he probably won't respond, but I thought that it was worth rubbing it in a little.

WOW, Great Job!!!!! I read the article and that is a huge slap in the face. I am surprised he had the Ka who na's to say that. Again Great follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Robi
    WOW, Great Job!!!!! I read the article and that is a huge slap in the face. I am surprised he had the Ka who na's to say that. Again Great follow up.
    Why even waste your time on em? 54-21. ULM wasn't even in our league.

ULM has always sucked, but found a way to beat us. Maybe by 3 points or so. How does it feel to lose by 3+3 = 33?

Quote Originally Posted by theragincajun06
    Why even waste your time on em? 54-21. ULM wasn't even in our league.

ULM has always sucked, but found a way to beat us. Maybe by 3 points or so. How does it feel to lose by 3+3 = 33?
    We could have easily had 68, but did the right thing in not running up the score on an inferior team. It's just ashamed that the "without a doubt" best team in the Sunbelt will not be the bowl representative.

UL Football Re: Remember Mr. Letlow's article?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    We could have easily had 68, but did the right thing in not running up the score on an inferior team. It's just ashamed that the "without a doubt" best team in the Sunbelt will not be the bowl representative.
    Great job Louisiana! 3 + 3 = 33 is true, and even with the Best team in the Sunbelt NOT going to the New Orleans Bowl the future is bright. Next is recruiting and the January ground breaking on the indoor practice facility!!!!!!

Is there "ANY" chance that the right teams lost like last year and we the real UL(Louisiana) might get a bowl bid?

DaddyCajun!

Default Re: Opponent: Get Ready UL Weatherbie has Indians primed

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    OK, that makes more sense.
    Leitlow's follow-up article in the Newstar shows just how much this trucking by the Cajuns hurt Monroe.

7. Default ULL, ULM share Sun Belt crown

MONROE -- The Battle of the Bayou was a bust for Louisiana-Monroe.

Louisiana-Lafayette rushed for 343 yards Saturday at Malone Stadium to crush ULM's bowl hopes in a 54-21 rout.

The Indians (5-6, 5-2 in the Sun Belt) could have won the Sun Belt Conference title outright and earned a spot in the New Orleans Bowl at Lafayette with a win.

But freshman running back Tyrell Fenroy rushed for 164 yards and three touchdowns on 20 attempts as ULL (6-5, 5-2) claimed a share of the Sun Belt Conference championship. The last winning season for ULL was 1995.

ULM, ULL and Arkansas State ended the regular season as tri-champions in the Sun Belt. Arkansas State, which defeated North Texas, earned the New Orleans Bowl bid by holding the tiebreaker edge with a win over ULL. ULM was 5-2 in the Sun Belt but did not win the six games required to become bowl eligible by the NCAA.

The rest of the story

By Paul J. Letlow
    La. Gannett News
    pletlow@thenewsstar.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information