Todd Berry $225,000/year
    Willie Taggart $225,000/year
    Mark Hudspeth $361,000/year
    Larry Blakeney $381,000/year
    Howard Schnellenberger $405,905/year
    Mario Cristobal $497,183
    Dan McCarney $545,000/year
    Randy Stockstill $588,405/year

Willy Taggart's base salary is as much as Todd Berry's but his max bonus is $144,750, whereas Berry's is $62,500. Stockstill is the highest paid coach and he also has the highest bonus of $148,415.

Default Re: Hugh Freeze is FBS' lowest paid head coach at $202,160/year

Freeze will not stay there much longer. He'll either get a bigger and better job or a nice extension and raise from ASU. He deserves it. Same for Taggart and I hope we do the same with Hudspeth.

We all know about the Hud to Ole Miss chatter but Hugh Freeze is a serious possibility for Ole Miss as well. Apparently some big money donors seem to really like Freeze.

isnt it weird how everyone in the country considers the sunbelt the lowest conference in america but yet 2 coaches come up in the conversation for an opening in the best conference in the country

Times they are a changin'.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybass View Post
    isnt it weird how everyone in the country considers the sunbelt the lowest conference in america but yet 2 coaches come up in the conversation for an opening in the best conference in the country
    So I guess the Sun Belt is quickly becoming the conference "formerly known as the lowest conference in america"!

It's good to see most of the team's in the conference improving this year, especially the Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Freeze will not stay there much longer. He'll either get a bigger and better job or a nice extension and raise from ASU. He deserves it. Same for Taggart and I hope we do the same with Hudspeth.
    I don't know how he gets a big raise from ASU. They were hosting a conference championship game the other day which gave them a nine win season & they didn't put more than 16,000 in the stands including a thousand UL fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I don't know how he gets a big raise from ASU. They were hosting a conference championship game the other day which gave them a nine win season & they didn't put more than 16,000 in the stands including a thousand UL fans.
    What's worse is 17 ASU seniors start this season, including 9 on defense. He will have a total rebuilding project in Jonesboro next season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What's worse is 17 ASU seniors start this season, including 9 on defense. He will have a total rebuilding project in Jonesboro next season.
    Whats worse than that is the coaches show is at a sizzler.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I vote Ole Miss saves him from this dilemma. Given Freeze's background with Ole Miss, I would find it hard for Ole Miss to offer Hud over Freeze. There are many others in the running too. I'm not just politicking to keep Hud from leaving, but Ole Miss has experimented unsuccessfully in the last few years, is in a massive uphill battle to compete in the SEC West, and it would surprise me that their first offer would go to either Freeze or Hud. You can't just recruit locally in Mississippi, given the stiff competition for that talent by Mississippi schools alone, and compete in the SEC.

As much as I believe Hud ultimately wants an SEC HC'ing job, Ole Miss is a tough, tough job in the modern football era. I just don't see them ever getting out from under LSU, Alabama, Auburn and Arkansas in football. unless they pick up a nationally known high resume coach and everything goes their way.

To add to this. the little bit of resume bump that Hud got this year. really isn't a huge bump. He should feel like the next couple of years at UL is where he can really make his mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    As much as I believe Hud ultimately wants an SEC HC'ing job, Ole Miss is a tough, tough job in the modern football era. I just don't see them ever getting out from under LSU, Alabama, Auburn and Arkansas in football. unless they pick up a nationally known high resume coach and everything goes their way.
    I honestly felt the same way about the UL head coaching job until Hud came along. Like I said earlier the next Ole Miss head coach needs to be a guy like Hud who can be a cheerleader for the program and get alumni, fans, and donors excited about the future of Rebel Football. Hud has the energy and enthusiasm to rebuild a program under tough circumstances.

Ole miss problem has to do with the ad and administration and we all know what happens when a school has that type of problem

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Ole miss problem has to do with the ad and administration and we all know what happens when a school has that type of problem
    problem, what problem could that cause . oh, a lost generation.

I am just glad this is somebody else's problem for awhile . I don't have another generation in me!

According to FootballRumorMill, Freeze and the USM coach are the top two candidates for the HC job for Ole Miss.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I honestly felt the same way about the UL head coaching job until Hud came along. Like I said earlier the next Ole Miss head coach needs to be a guy like Hud who can be a cheerleader for the program and get alumni, fans, and donors excited about the future of Rebel Football. Hud has the energy and enthusiasm to rebuild a program under tough circumstances.
    I'm not saying that Hud isn't a great choice for Ole Miss. But, surely you didn't think that UL was incapable of competing against the top programs in the SBC. We did that in one season. That is not going to happen at Ole Miss. We (UL) don't have to beat 3 recent national champions in order to win one half of our conference. Ole Miss and Miss State have been losing recruits to the rest of the SEC from the state of Mississippi (including area CUSA programs). Even "building a fence" in their respective areas. isn't going to get it done. I don't know what Ole Miss is going to have to do. but their future program has to do a lot more than "get excited". All UL basically has to do in order to reach our relatively low aspirations is. get excited. Very different circumstances.

But, that doesn't mean Hud won't want that job and that Ole Miss won't want him. Ole Miss is not going to recruit adequately in Hudspeth's current sphere of influence and overcome the SEC West. "Excitement" is not going to awaken anything at Ole Miss. They have boosters and money. but they can't compete with the current giants of college football. dominating a third of their schedule year in and year out. Hud wouldn't agree. Gotta love that guy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information