Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hud a coaching candidate at Ole Miss and Arizona?

Default Hud a coaching candidate at Ole Miss and Arizona?

With the way things are going, this shouldn't be surprising. Interesting comments from Coach Hudspeth this morning.

http://www.coachingsearch.com/home/5.d-arizona.html

Default Re: Hud a coaching candidate at Ole Miss and Arizona?

Maybe Im being paranoid and reading something into this that wasnt there, but it kind of sounding like politicking for the Ole Miss gig. He talked about having a great 1st year recruiting class here, then mentioned his strong recruiting ties in Mississippi, followed by a statement of the new coach needing to have a great 1st year recruiting class there.

I dont think that Hud would leave here for the Arizona job. Like he said, his ties are in Mississippi, and he'd have to start from scratch out there, but the Ole Miss opening has me a bit on edge. That being said, if he does go, congrats to him, and I appreciate what he's done here. But please God, I hope we can find someone else that is somewhere close to what he is.

I think alot of that is simply Coach speak and you always want to keep options open for future advancement. I don't believe Ole Miss will pursue him because they are very proud and think more highly of their program than they should! He was interviewed and later coached at Mississippi State - I think that may shut the door for them to even consider him. I really don't think Hud would be interested in Arizona. If the UL administration and fan base has the doors open for him to build this program into a "Big Time" program - I believe he stays a while!

nonononononononononononononononononono
    NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

he is gone

Y'all are being paranoid. Archie will make sure ole miss makes a big splash with a coaching hire and Hud won't leave for the west coast and the desert.

He will move on eventually, but not after one season.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    he is gone
    No he's not . I just saw him at Olde Tyme!

buying po-boys for the trip, oxford is a long drive

If I was on the Ole Miss search committee I would not want Hud. Not enough skins on the wall. Leach seems like a obvious choice for that job.

His dream job is Miss. State. He's not going to take the job at the rival school.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    buying po-boys for the trip, oxford is a long drive
    That's why he is staying here; we fly him around in a helicopter; no traffic or long drives.

Let's just face it. Hud is an outstanding, charismatic coach. As long as he's here, his name will pop up whenever coaching vacancies occur. That is just a fact. I would be highly surprised and very disappointed though if he left after just a year or two. Will he move to a BCS AQ school? Most likely he will, but my hope is that it won't be until after he has really established this program as a highly competitive FBS program.

and to expand on my previous post.I see Hud as feeling like UL is his baby.its his first D-1 job where it is him buildingnot assisting.Spear heading the whole damn thingYou all saw how emotional he got after the ULM gamehe wants this to grow and be better so muchand that is why i think he stays for 3 more years. He doesn't want to leave this program hanging.

I agree with that premise somewhat, but no matter who you are, a salary in the $400,000 range and a salary in the $1 million dollar range trumps emotions, especially if you have kids. I would love to see him stay here until the program is established as a perennial winner, but I wouldnt blame him one bit if he left for life-changing money, he'd be a fool not too. Now if he leaves for a non-AQ job for a 50% (or so) pay increase, I would be very disappointed.

Doesn't anybody have any rumors about seeing Archie & the rest of the search committee at the Double Tree Hotel last Friday night? Part of the price of success is having your coach be the subject of openings everywhere else.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information