Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: UL - FIU in-game thread

Default Re: UL - FIU in-game thread

Yesterday was opening of duck season. That does not help attendance at all. Duck hunters would not miss opening day for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61
    Yesterday was opening of duck season. That does not help attendance at all. Duck hunters would not miss opening day for anything.
    Yep, the Latexsters complain about squirrel hunters doing the same to them.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL - FIU in-game thread

If thats the case, we should of had some people with duck calls in the tailgating area. We could of lured a few away from their duck blinds and into the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61

4. Default Re: UL - FIU in-game thread

I don't think that the opening day of duck season put much of a dent in the attendance this weekend. I do think that the low attendance had to do with the LSU game. I can only surmise that people stayed home to watch that game. I know from personal experience that no less than 10 tvs, in various tailgating tents with loads of people watching them, were blasting the lsu game when I was on my way to the stadium. We shouldn't kid ourselves about many cajun fansway too many pretenders and not enough real fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux clotille
    Can they travel from the parking lot? I let loose on some folks yesterday when a guy who doesn't have much did have some extra tickets and was offering them to our group.

A guy who drives a Mercedes, his wife drives a Yukon Denali and both are decorated with Rolex's, etc actually asked for the tickets! I would have thought he had season tickets, but no, he said they were too expensive!

Priorities, huh?
    UNBELIEVABLE, YET BELIEVABLE!!:confused:

As big of a fan as I am, and as much as I'd like to see a packed stadium, it will not happen right away. We can not expect people who aren't as hardcore at the 10k-15k fanbase that we have, to just come out because it's the right thing to do for the University and the city.

We seem to forget to easily that the last winning season was what at least 10 years ago? We have to continue to build of off this season's success for at least one or two more seasons before we start to see the crowds we want. At the very least, we need to win consistently from the start next season, and then we'll see more of the crowds we want.

But dont' worry, our ship is headed in teh right direction.

God Bless.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information