Default Re: UL - FIU in-game thread

just announced over the radio that crowd was close to 17k

1st down from FIU 38

3 yards by Levier

4th and 4

just about 2 mins left in game

Desmo has the first down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1:54 left

first down on levier carry to 10 yard line

44 secs left

takin a knee to end it!!!!

Ladies and gentleman, for the first time since i was in middle school and jake was our qb, cajuns have a 5 win season!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    first down on levier carry to 10 yard line

44 secs left

takin a knee to end it!!!!

Ladies and gentleman, for the first time since i was in middle school and jake was our qb, cajuns have a 5 win season!!!!!!!!!!!!1

YESSSSSS!!! Congrats to the Ragin' Cajuns, especially to the Seniors. Now go out and whip ULM and make it a complete turn around! I guess you can now officially say that the Bustle regime has made improvement again this year. A win next game would make it a major step up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    just announced over the radio that crowd was close to 17k
    I had really hoped for over 20K. Last regular season game, senior night, and still a shot to win the conference. Honestly, it looked more like 12-14K on TV. Both the student side and the lower west side looked thinner than either of the games I attended.

Any news on the ASU-Troy game? Last I saw was 6-3 ASU.

Shof

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    I had really hoped for over 20K. Last regular season game, senior night, and still a shot to win the conference. Honestly, it looked more like 12-14K on TV. Both the student side and the lower west side looked thinner than either of the games I attended.

Any news on the ASU-Troy game? Last I saw was 6-3 ASU.

Shof
    ASU won 9-3. The crowd tonight was disappointing with everything that was riding on the game. I'm beginning to wonder if we can sell out the bowl game if we're in it. I expected over 20K as a minimum tonight.

10. Default Re: UL - FIU in-game thread

Thanks Sid and friends!

This is great, being able to relive a really fun game.

Get well Babb

UL Football Re: UL - FIU in-game thread

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280
    ASU won 9-3. The crowd tonight was disappointing with everything that was riding on the game. I'm beginning to wonder if we can sell out the bowl game if we're in it. I expected over 20K as a minimum tonight.
    The student turn out was really disappointing, really disappointing!!!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Ditto
    Not sure why

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280
    I would have thought we would have 20k+ knowing the the importance of this game. I guess a lot of people stayed home to watch the lsu game. That is the only explanation I have. The crowd we had was into the game, and it was, for a change, ia fun game to watch. Supposedly the FIU QB is supposed to be some "hotshot", but he doesn't operate too well under pressure. Defemse played well. Thank goodness we have two good QB's. We also have one helluva running back, and his backups are no slouches.

Oh well, maybe this area will realize that they don't have to travel far too find good entertaining football, but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    I would have thought we would have 20k+ knowing the the importance of this game. I guess a lot of people stayed home to watch the lsu game. That is the only explanation I have. The crowd we had was into the game, and it was, for a change, ia fun game to watch. Supposedly the FIU QB is supposed to be some "hotshot", but he doesn't operate too well under pressure. Defemse played well. Thank goodness we have two good QB's. We also have one helluva running back, and his backups are no slouches.

Oh well, maybe this area will realize that they don't have to travel far too find good entertaining football, but I have my doubts.

Can they travel from the parking lot? I let loose on some folks yesterday when a guy who doesn't have much did have some extra tickets and was offering them to our group.

A guy who drives a Mercedes, his wife drives a Yukon Denali and both are decorated with Rolex's, etc actually asked for the tickets! I would have thought he had season tickets, but no, he said they were too expensive!

Priorities, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    The curse of mid to late November games. We have not drawn well at that time of the season.

Maybe being a consistent winner can change that. I hope so.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information